The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:01:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3  (Read 171990 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: October 23, 2018, 04:59:05 PM »

Harris was in Iowa today stumping for Democrats and the crowds were quite impressive for a candidate this early in the stage...

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 08:18:38 PM »

Turning Point USA leader Candace Owens may primary Trump...? Or run for some down-ballot NY state position?

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1055221112316051456

I love how literally the only people constantly cheering on her comments about "enslaved" blacks are white.

Anyways, I would LOVE to watch her get crushed in a state assembly election. She lives in NYC and has an ego bigger than the f***ing Empire State building so she'll probably challenge some entrenched Dem incumbent smack in the middle of the city and lose miserably.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 12:14:05 AM »

Turning Point USA leader Candace Owens may primary Trump...? Or run for some down-ballot NY state position?

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1055221112316051456

I love how literally the only people constantly cheering on her comments about "enslaved" blacks are white.

Anyways, I would LOVE to watch her get crushed in a state assembly election. She lives in NYC and has an ego bigger than the f***ing Empire State building so she'll probably challenge some entrenched Dem incumbent smack in the middle of the city and lose miserably.

Watch her run for mayor or something. I can't imagine what she would possibly run for unless she moved.

She'll probably do worse than Faith Goldy did in Toronto two days ago.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 11:57:38 PM »

IMO: The three frontrunners right now are:
Biden
Harris
Beto

Sherrod seems to be picking up name recognition though.

Pretty much, though Bernie's polling is generally comparable to Harris'.

Current polling doesn't suggest Harris a frontrunner. I have a feeling she'll be the Democratic Scott Walker.

She'll probably end up being the Running-mate of either of the other two.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 02:01:59 AM »

Cher endorsed Biden-

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 08:38:10 PM »

I'm worried Gillibrand will play too much Identity politics. Out of all the females candidate she is likely to play woman's card. Right now she has a steep hill to climb. I think voters will perceive her is saying what they want to hear rather than what she believes in. It's easy to accuse her of pandering.

It just won't work when there are a bunch of other women running. She needs to distinguish herself, one thing that sets her apart from most of the field is that she's the only young mother. That would be really endearing with women primary voters and parents, she needs to be pushing family issues instead of feminism.

As if she doesn't already do that.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 03:43:22 PM »

Also, no mention of Bernie. Could be he's decided not to run?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 06:33:10 PM »

Not sure if it's newsworthy, but it appears the domain for kamalaforpresident.com has been bought.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 05:04:35 PM »

Yeah, this hurts the chances of him even running.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 07:03:06 PM »

Something tells me she and Harris don't have the best working relationship...
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 09:14:55 PM »

Tulsi's campaign website is live and man I love this logo.

https://www.tulsi2020.com/
I will admit it is a pleasing logo.

I hate how low def it is on the site. Looks better on the ActBlue.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 05:41:38 PM »

Harris and Gillibrand strike me as two candidates who could still run for President in the future if they fail to clinch the nomination this time. It's make or break for Sanders, Biden, Beto, and Warren, on the other hand.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 10:28:40 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2019, 10:32:17 PM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

I got information from someone (claims to be close to Ohio Democratic Party and DNC) that Sherrod Brown would have guaranteed VP slot to somebody who will win D's primary.

Do you think this is real?

Makes sense, especially if the nominee is Kamala.

My only concern with this is that who could we possibly nominate to hold his Senate seat if he becomes Vice President Brown?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 05:27:21 PM »

As Nate pointed out: Minnesota is the 5th flattest state. Doesn't matter since she's not running for the senate seat this time around.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2019, 07:29:02 PM »

Her announcement video is fantastic-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=13P1KqMfxiI
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 06:31:44 PM »

She highlights how she has opposed the most Trump nominees like if it was a game & showed that she was progressive. She opposed all these guys with a planned pitch that she was most opposed to Trump.

She was the lone Senator to vote against confirming James Mattis. It was 99-1. And why? Pathetic points scoring.

She voted against him because the military should be citizen-led. A very appropriate decision.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 06:32:17 PM »

She highlights how she has opposed the most Trump nominees like if it was a game & showed that she was progressive. She opposed all these guys with a planned pitch that she was most opposed to Trump.

Who really talks about opposing President X's Cabinet Nominees as some kind of crowning achievement ?

And she has like 400 views. That is just terrible & pitiful !

Facts, rocky start for her.

She's going nowhere so it really doesnt matter.

I mean, we were all saying this about Trump, but Atlas never learns.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 09:03:58 PM »

I wanna know what is going on in Seth Moulton's mind that tells him that running for President is a good idea, let alone what even makes him think he even stands a chance winning the nomination after his attempted coup against Pelosi fell flat?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 11:58:10 PM »

The next scheduled announcement (according to Wikipedia) is Marianne Williamson on the 28th. Should be interesting.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 10:17:39 PM »

It's happening. Every day is one day closer to the start of the Bennet presidency.

Or to his Vice Presidency under Kamala Harris.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2019, 12:32:11 PM »

I got information from someone (claims to be close to Ohio Democratic Party and DNC) that Sherrod Brown would have guaranteed VP slot to somebody who will win D's primary.

Further informations on that are as follows:

- Brown would be also having a blank cheque whether to run or not in Democratic primaries, it has to be up to him only

- He was offered to be a horse of "Rust Belt Act" (whatever that name means) which is being reportedly in the works

- That guaranteed Brown's VP slot would not only limit to the winner of Dem primaries, but to any other Democratic contender, I was told that he would get also guaranteed VP offers from "everyone" contending Democratic primaries

- That case about losing a Senate seat when choosing Sherrod for VP in 2020 (because Ohio governor is a Republican) was of course being considered, but according to the informations I got the stakes in 2020 are higher than losing a Senate seat, because it goes about presidency, and such decision was taken concerning that problem

Have you ever heard of "Rust Belt Act"?

Here are the latest updates:

- Harris (her person, candidacy and campaign) have been well accepted in the circles close to DNC;

- She's ready to kinda cooperate with DNC along DNC's legislative agenda (if such thing will be suiting her needs and views). This is important, because DNC wants to and plan to coordinate the outlook of the Party with the primary candidates, and wants it all to be made run smoothly (so Bernie Bros wouldn't get DNC support);

- Staffs of Harris and Brown are have to be coordinating calendars of each own to talk around questions of "Rust Belt Act" (of which I mentioned above in the quotation);

- Brown would decide whether to start or not within two months, if he'll decide to run, he'll officially launch (like KH did last day in Oakland) his campaign on May 1st (the Labor Day) in Chicago;

- But if Brown decide not to run, he'll be in Windy City anyway and along with KH would presumably officially unveil "Rust Belt Act" in the name of the rest of Democrats and DNC;

- That thing of course, would be meaning that Brown joins Harris on her ticket.

Wow. So Harris and Brown could form a ticket for the primary.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 10:04:32 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2019, 10:52:51 PM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

If you're interested I got some new information about Democratic primaries like I was posting them before:

- There was videoconference between Booker, Perez (DNC boss) and Brown, Brown still "tests the waters" about his possible run and he currently is doing some exploring in Iowa;

- That "Rust Belt Act" I was mentioning few times earlier, is currently finished in a draft version;

- Brown would choose within next few weeks who to side with to brand "Rust Belt Act" (that decision would be very important on the future of his possible campaign, the person he chooses to brand "Rust Belt Act" will be most likely his running mate or he will be that person's running mate);

- That person (my source of information) would be preferring Booker to Harris (that person calls Booker and Harris "most serious" primary candidates) because Booker is "more keen on Washington" to Kamala and he's also more consistent in his words.

Choosing Booker over Harris would be the biggest mistake of his career.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2019, 06:26:07 PM »

The field should only be Sanders, Warren, Harris, Gillibrand, Biden, and Klobuchar. The rest need to sit down.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2019, 09:06:12 PM »

Gillum was on Real Time with Bill Maher last night, and seemed to know the Iowa poll results pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssSecquxZ0U

I have a theory that the reason why so many random people are jumping in is because they think the more candidates that run, the higher their chances are of breaking out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies