The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:52:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3  (Read 171743 times)
JG

« on: November 22, 2018, 01:17:12 PM »

If anybody needed anymore confirmation that Sherrod Brown really is a straight forward and honest guy, here ya go.

In the end I figure he won't go for it, but he's not gonna play the stereotypical politician and deny he's thinking about it.

I mean, now that the midterms are behind us, aren't they all pretty honest about how they are thinking about it? Harris, Gillibrand, Booker, Warren and co all admitted that they are thinking about a presidential run.
JG

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 10:18:28 PM »

She is obviously joking.
JG

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 10:41:29 AM »

Didn't see this in the last few pages:

Sen. Michael Bennet ‘Seriously Thinking’ About A 2020 Run For President (Bente Bierkeland, Colorado Public Radio)

I wasn't expecting this. I know Bennet has voiced frustration with the culture of the Senate, but I would have figured he would have left for agency work or private sector work before trying a Presidential run. It'd be pretty interesting seeing a race between him and Hickenlooper - Bennet's base seems like it would be rather small and niche and he hardly has a chance with anyone in the Progressive Wing who pays any attention to individual Senator's voting records.

I remember him also being mentioned by Obama as a potential presidential candidate, which really surprised me at the time. I wonder if Patrick doesn't end up running, whether or not Obamaworld will throw its weight behind Bennet.
JG

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 06:26:38 PM »

Didn't see this in the last few pages:

Sen. Michael Bennet ‘Seriously Thinking’ About A 2020 Run For President (Bente Bierkeland, Colorado Public Radio)

I wasn't expecting this. I know Bennet has voiced frustration with the culture of the Senate, but I would have figured he would have left for agency work or private sector work before trying a Presidential run. It'd be pretty interesting seeing a race between him and Hickenlooper - Bennet's base seems like it would be rather small and niche and he hardly has a chance with anyone in the Progressive Wing who pays any attention to individual Senator's voting records.

I remember him also being mentioned by Obama as a potential presidential candidate, which really surprised me at the time. I wonder if Patrick doesn't end up running, whether or not Obamaworld will throw its weight behind Bennet.

I doubt it, Bennet voted for Gorsuch. 

Based on Bennet's 2016 reelection numbers which mirrored the numbers of the Democratic Party in the state at the Congressional and Presidential level, even though he was running against a weak challenger, Bennet strikes me as a generic corporate Democrat.

I mean, so does Patrick, which doesn't seem to stop Obamaworld to prop him up.

JG

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 10:32:39 AM »

[/quote]

I feel like Murphy is angling for SoS in the next democratic administration and has no real interest in running for the presidency.
JG

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 07:28:15 PM »

I'm not sure a two white male tickets would play well with the base. Something like that shows how disconnected Biden is.
JG

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 09:16:38 PM »

Weird how both Feinstein and Cuomo endorsed Biden over a senator from their own state. It kind of puts into the question the common view of Gillibrand and Harris as the ''establishment'' candidates.
JG

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 04:15:55 PM »

Good. Hopefully, Bloomberg will follow.
JG

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 03:46:17 PM »

« Biden has told some that he’s running » and could even announce on January 15.

https://politicalwire.com/2019/01/12/biden-has-told-some-hes-running/

So that is official but he will just officially announce later in January or in early February.

Ugh.
JG

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 04:42:43 PM »

Could be BS

JG

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 09:56:59 PM »

It actually is. But unfortunately, it focuses on things that too few care about anymore-accomplishments and policy.
JG

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 03:44:37 PM »

What do you think guys if Clintons would accept Schultz and try to promote him?

Why would the Clintons do such a thing? They have basically spent their life building up the Democratic party.
JG

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 07:01:43 AM »

This is a few days old, but I didn't find it on here, so perhaps it went under the radar.

According to John Podesta, Hillary is out in terms of 2020.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/30/hillary-clinton-2020-election-1136435

I love how any article about vague innuendos from unnamed sources about how Hillary is still considering a run gets talked about everywhere, but a formal no from her former campaign chairman barely gets any traction.
JG

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 10:21:29 AM »

OK, guys, get ready for a huge update on Democratic primaries news.

As far as I know:

- At present, only Kamala, Gillibrand and Booker candidatures matter. Bernie and Warren doesn't count as they are both being engaged in a brawl (of their own fault) with DNC;

- Although doesn't leading in the polls, Booker seems to be running the most measured and deliberative campaign (electability will be the major issue in 2020, no matter what progressives would say), he's currently doing some intensive lobbying in East Coast big capital areas (Boston, NYC, Philly, DC);

- Kamala is in cahoots with Kirsten. They both formed loose-fitting campaign alliance as they are both women, both in similar age, both from coasts (Kamala from West, Gillibrand from East), but Gillibrand's campaign have no real strategy or something in a long run, she's said be to going around Harris political influence anyway;

- Bernie and Warren are publicly seen as a fellow partisan compatriots, but behind the scenes they are harshly chasing each other, and it seems that Bernie winning this race as of now;

- Biden still and still and still and still and still procrastinates. The thing is that he receives different feedback when talking to grassroots and to Democratic strategists and staffers;

- Kirmala (portmanteau of Kamala and Kirsten) openly attacked Bernie and Warren and their progressive minions for doing what they are doing within the frames of DNC, they both even wanted to bring this case to FBI or to block DNC's support for these two, but DNC boss, Perez ruled out these decisions, because these problems within Democrats could as well get to the circles close to GOP

Some of this seems off. Don’t buy the whole kirmala stuff at all with regards to warren. Warren and Harris are closer than Gillibrand and Harris and has been for years. At Trumps state of the union, they were hugging and chatting with Sherrod. Warren has endorsed Harris and they campaigned for each other repeatedly. They have a long history. 

Yes. Gillibrand seems much closer to Booker. They both tweeted each other a message of good luck when the other announced, while Kirsten brought up Harris just when an interviewer asked her about Harris.
JG

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 12:02:47 PM »

Sound the alarm!

Ugh.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies