The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:18:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3  (Read 171759 times)
Lognog
United States

« on: December 17, 2018, 08:48:50 PM »

Well then, I guess he's running for president, because there's no other compelling reason not to run for another term.  Also:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/south-bend-mayor-pete-buttigieg-moves-toward-presidential-run/2018/12/17/e51930a2-fe5e-11e8-ad40-cdfd0e0dd65a_story.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A presidential announcement also might not come right away in 2019, because he has a book coming out in February, and may want to do the book tour before officially becoming a candidate.

Indiana does have a Gubernatorial Election in 2020, so he might end up running for that office instead.

Do you think it's possible that Indiana splits the ticket and votes for Trump for president and Buttigieg for governor?

If Buttgeig is the Gubernatorial nominee in 2020, it wouldn't shock me at all, but it would require a relatively weak Republican (or just someone who can easily be linked back to Mike Pence...apparently he really isn't all that popular in his home state).

I just can't see a democrat winning statewide after 2018, even 2016 there was a governor's race that democrats could have won in 2016.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 06:05:10 PM »

Lognog
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 06:37:08 PM »

I like how so many people here are opposed to Brown seeking the Presidency instead of keeping his seat in Ohio, but no-one is complaining about the idea of the Democrats' best candidate in Texas running for President and not the Senate. Not inconsistent at all...

Because people on here are politico-reading morons

I'd much, much rather prefer Beto to run for. Senate in 2020

it's a legitimate concern that Brown is the only one that can keep that seat when he is the only person to win state wide in Ohio in 2018 and the only democrat to win statewide since 2012. But Texas is completely different from Ohio because instead of moving away from the democrats, it is moving towards so there is more room for other democrats to run against cornyn.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 04:21:42 PM »

Not to be rude, but can we keep this thread on topic?  It's for news about potential candidates. 

Thank you
Lognog
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 04:36:26 PM »

Is there any chance Beto announces he's running tomorrow during his interview with Oprah?

There's a better chance that he officially says he's out.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 10:09:13 AM »

Thank god hickenlooper isn’t going to be in the senate
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies