The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:45:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3  (Read 171962 times)
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« on: October 23, 2018, 05:46:52 PM »

Harris was in Iowa today stumping for Democrats and the crowds were quite impressive for a candidate this early in the stage...

LOL I knew it. Might as well cancel the primaries now; it's going to be a Kamala coronation. Only Bernie could challenge her if he runs.
No poll (albeit not many) has Kamala ahead of Biden, Bernie, or Warren. Ofc she has far less name recognition rn, but I think you're being premature/hyperbolic here. Also, I fail to see how it's a "coronation" considering she's getting grassroots support if those tweets are to be believed.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 07:08:16 AM »

Harris was in Iowa today stumping for Democrats and the crowds were quite impressive for a candidate this early in the stage...

LOL I knew it. Might as well cancel the primaries now; it's going to be a Kamala coronation. Only Bernie could challenge her if he runs.
No poll (albeit not many) has Kamala ahead of Biden, Bernie, or Warren. Ofc she has far less name recognition rn, but I think you're being premature/hyperbolic here. Also, I fail to see how it's a "coronation" considering she's getting grassroots support if those tweets are to be believed.

Beet, in all of his avatars iterations, has an odd fixation on hating Kamala Harris and blaming her for what he sees as an inevitable ethnopolitical party system.

No, I don't blame Harris personally for that, and it's not the reason I dislike her.

However, African Americans (about 20-30% of whom are social/temperamental conservatives) desperately need breathing room to enter the Republican Party. What Kanye and people like Candice Owens are doing, no matter what you think of Trump, is healthy for our democracy and healthy for Black Americans. As long as black people are clustered in one party, the other one (which in a two party system guaranteed a share of power in the long run -- will never be forced to confront its own racism.
So it's up to African Americans to stop Republican racism by joining the Republican Party? Or are you saying something else here. I'm confused.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 07:43:23 AM »

Bernie was the only Senator to endorse Gillum in the primary. I guess he just wasn't the right type of black for Harris. Harris endorsed white Buffy Wicks over black Hispanic lesbian immigrant Jovanka Beckles. You only hear about identity politics when it benefits the establishment candidate.
Hi Jimmy Dore.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 03:25:18 PM »

Haven't seen this in the 2020 board:

Last Friday, Steve Bullock was on Morning Joe and talked about the bad influence of money in politics and about showing up in rural areas to make up ground for Democrats. Still declined to answer whether he'll run: Video

The guy comes over as likeable, has definitely a message and a strategy how to win.

I'm a big Steve Bullock guy. 20% of Trump voters in Montana also voted for him. He's pro-gun, but pro-common sense, pro-net neutrality, runs on a platform of unity across all ideological leanings, comes across as Bernie-esque in terms of potential appeal minus the whole s-word thing.

Because of all that, though, he won't win. It's a shame that the Democrats will end up nominating another candidate who plays the I'm Not Trump/identity politics card, only to get crushed in the states that are more willing to support a candidate like Bullock.
Tell us who is playing that card.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 05:00:06 PM »

It's a shame that the Democrats will end up nominating another candidate who plays the I'm Not Trump/identity politics card, only to get crushed in the states that are more willing to support a candidate like Bullock.
Roll Eyes

A candidate acknowledging that they are a woman and/or a person of color is not identity politics. Sending troops to the border to combat a "caravan" of defenseless brown women and children to win an election is identity politics.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 06:18:02 PM »

wtf is it even with Julian Castro?
Seems like a sh**t tier candidate who just gets hyped by pundits but would be John Delaney level during the actual primaries.
Both Castros were too cowardly to run for statewide office.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 05:56:43 PM »

Harris's team has poached O'Rourke's digital consultant

Boo. If anything will guarantee a Trump reelection, it's a Kamala Harris candidacy.
Um why. She's not nearly as toxic as say Warren.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 06:23:34 PM »

I disagree. He says he won't run if there's someone better. He's smart enough to know 2020 will be vastly more difficult, especially since someone like Beto could completely take his younger base.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 07:30:48 PM »

Yea. I'm sure Barack is smart enough to realize Beto is the one.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 10:05:23 AM »

John Kerry won the nomination. Hickenlooper isn't making it to Iowa. More like Vilsack 2.0.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 09:28:25 PM »

Kamala Harris underrated. She's more personable than people give her credit for. Obviously not Beto level, but I think she gives a pretty good stump speech. I hope she's on the ticket.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 08:15:43 PM »

Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 03:50:56 PM »

God help us.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2018, 11:42:23 AM »

Ted Cruz's chief strategist on new Beto blog post:

Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 09:07:46 PM »

Tulsi's campaign website is live and man I love this logo.

https://www.tulsi2020.com/
I will admit it is a pleasing logo.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 09:19:37 PM »

I like how it's not red, white, and blue. A nice change of pace. There should be a campaign logo thread Tongue
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 04:25:35 PM »

Could be BS

Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2019, 04:33:27 PM »

I like how so many people here are opposed to Brown seeking the Presidency instead of keeping his seat in Ohio, but no-one is complaining about the idea of the Democrats' best candidate in Texas running for President and not the Senate. Not inconsistent at all...
One's a senator and one's a hypothetical. How you can't differentiate that idk.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2019, 06:33:16 PM »

Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 07:18:02 AM »

Doubt Booker announces on a Friday or Super Bowl weekend, next week is the SOTU so probably not then either.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2019, 01:22:36 PM »

"Finally, the event no one has been waiting for." - Kevin Kruse

Why? 
You're asking why CNN would hold a pointless townhall for a candidate only bothsides-ist TV pundits cares about? This is f'n CNN...
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2019, 10:27:12 PM »

Bernie Sanders & Goldman's Ex CEO are locked in a twitter feud.
Okay. No one cares.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies