Your reaction when/if Heller wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:08:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Your reaction when/if Heller wins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Your reaction when/if Heller wins  (Read 2609 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2018, 11:33:51 PM »

Probably a mixture of yelling at the television and laughing at faulty atlas #analysis
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 11:36:59 PM »

Might as well ask me how I'd react if I saw flying pigs.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 11:38:56 PM »

I'd be upset because Democrats would be losing 6 Senate seats and only gaining about 5 seats in the House.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 11:39:55 PM »

I'd be upset because Democrats would be losing 6 Senate seats and only gaining about 5 seats in the House.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 11:40:16 PM »

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 11:45:39 PM »

This is the dumbest thing I have seen all week. Heller can win ffs this isnt some likely or safe D race you atlas people. Yes, I still think Rosen will win but whoever says Heller is doomed is full of it. If Heller wins I'd have to restrain myself to prevent me breaking a fourth iphone in a row and I'd be mad, but I would not be surprised at all.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 11:56:59 PM »

This is the dumbest thing I have seen all week. Heller can win ffs this isnt some likely or safe D race you atlas people. Yes, I still think Rosen will win but whoever says Heller is doomed is full of it. If Heller wins I'd have to restrain myself to prevent me breaking a fourth iphone in a row and I'd be mad, but I would not be surprised at all.

Heller can win if the red wave is real.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 12:05:02 AM »

Lol you're one to talk about dumb posts. Heller won't win, and if you want to do Atlas quality control start with yourself.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 12:08:46 AM »

Lol you're one to talk about dumb posts. Heller won't win, and if you want to do Atlas quality control start with yourself.

Are you kidding me?? Dude, I think Rosen wins but seriously every sane person knows this has at least some level of competitiveness and that it is a tossup to tilt to lean type of seat. Heller winning is not out of the possibility. Only far left Atlas type delusion would list a candidate as DOA that is only slightly behind a point down, generally within the moe, and is rated tossup by literally everyone else. Rosen will probably win, but it makes no logical sense to rule out Heller, so pathetic.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 12:12:19 AM »

And what's probably going to happen is Rosen wins by 2-5 points and you are going to scream I told you so at me. But I already have this race going toward Rosen by around that amount. But even if that occurs and Heller loses by 2-5 points or so, that does not mean that he was DOA to begin with or that it was a likely or safe race. Any race that is within that sort of margin almost always means that the loser could have done something more to edge it out. If Heller wins by 6ish or more, it means he was DOA all along, but if it stays close, he was never DOA.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 12:17:12 AM »

Are you kidding me?? Dude, I think Rosen wins but seriously every sane person knows this has at least some level of competitiveness and that it is a tossup to tilt to lean type of seat. Heller winning is not out of the possibility. Only far left Atlas type delusion would list a candidate as DOA that is only slightly behind a point down, generally within the moe, and is rated tossup by literally everyone else. Rosen will probably win, but it makes no logical sense to rule out Heller, so pathetic.

The pollsters have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt over the past decade that they have zero credibility when attempting to poll the state of Nevada. Because of that, I'm going solely off the fundamentals. Maybe this will be the year that Nevada polls are finally accurate, but I doubt it. I'll believe it when I see it.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 12:20:32 AM »

The pollsters have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt over the past decade that they have zero credibility when attempting to poll the state of Nevada. Because of that, I'm going solely off the fundamentals. Maybe this will be the year that Nevada polls are finally accurate, but I doubt it. I'll believe it when I see it.

The rcp average for Nevada was less than one point off in the senate race in 2016 and only a little over 3 points off in the presidential race in Nevada. That’s not shabby at all and frankly within the moe.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 12:26:46 AM »

What's more likely, that a Republican incumbent less popular than Trump in a Democratic-leaning Clinton state wins in a great year for Democrats, or that Nevada polls are wrong, as they have been many times before?

It would be one thing if polls were consistently showing Heller up by high single digits or low double digits, or if Heller were a popular incumbent who won by a wide margin in 2012. Then there might be some reason to believe that Heller could potentially survive a Democratic wave in a light blue state. However, he doesn't seem to be stronger than a generic R, and has never led a poll by more than 2 or 3 percent, not to mention he has been behind in the majority of the polls. That tells me that the only way he would survive would be if 2018 were far worse for Democrats than we are expecting.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 12:34:14 AM »

the window for Heller to win exists, but I would give Rosen a roughly 90% chance of winning.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 01:04:36 AM »

Dems would be having yet another disastrous night so it would hardly be different from anything we’ve seen thus far. I’d say voters get what they deserve

The Kavanaugh vote was a victory for the conservative moment. As long as Dems don't lose more than 3 seats, which can be made up in 2020, it wouldn't be a victory but a status quo night.  It's a red Senate map
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 01:05:52 AM »

Ah, another quality wulfric post
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 03:20:56 AM »

My reaction?

I told ya so.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 03:34:09 AM »

Surprised by the 90% call against Heller.

Race has always been tight. If we're seeing McSally up 6 points, Nevada is lean R too. We're seeing consistent across the board movement towards the republicans. Nevada isn't immune to this.

Even so with the earlier polling, it showed a slight within the MOE. That at best would lead me to believe it's 60/40 not 90/10. Just the stats itself would show that given the error bars and the standard deviations. 
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2018, 07:15:33 AM »

If Heller wins, then there is decent hope for McSally in Arizona and we will surely witness an increase of the Republican senate majority.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2018, 07:18:51 AM »

A tossup race that goes to either side? Madness, I say!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 07:23:41 AM »

Heller will lose.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 07:57:29 AM »

No he will win and so will Donnelly, McSally and Hawley
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2018, 09:17:26 AM »

Heller and Tester are easily the most underrated incumbents this year, that’s for sure.
SuperCow
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2018, 12:09:32 PM »

the window for Heller to win exists, but I would give Rosen a roughly 90% chance of winning.

Five-Thirty Eight gives Heller a 53.6% chance of winning.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2018, 01:21:31 PM »

I'd be the happiest claim in the ocean. Dean Heller, is by far, my favorite GOP incumbent running on the senate side.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies