Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:28:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 146695 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: November 13, 2019, 05:20:17 AM »

I've been accepted as a staff writer for my university's (only) non-partisan news publication! I'll be writing for the "world" section. Unfortunately I won't be able to post any of my articles on here, as that would jeopardize my anonymity, but I think I'll have a good time with it.

An update: This has been going really well. My first article was selected for print in the biannual publication, and my second (which I just completed) has been chosen for an article exchange with the McGill University International Review. I'm really starting to think that arguing with people online has sharpened my writing skills.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1376 on: November 13, 2019, 07:25:55 AM »

I've been accepted as a staff writer for my university's (only) non-partisan news publication! I'll be writing for the "world" section. Unfortunately I won't be able to post any of my articles on here, as that would jeopardize my anonymity, but I think I'll have a good time with it.

An update: This has been going really well. My first article was selected for print in the biannual publication, and my second (which I just completed) has been chosen for an article exchange with the McGill University International Review. I'm really starting to think that arguing with people online has sharpened my writing skills.

Congrats! I’d love to see ‘em.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1377 on: November 13, 2019, 05:19:59 PM »

Congrats! I’d love to see ‘em.

Nathan asked to see them too... I'm considering it, though it would compromise my anonymity on this site. I'll get back to you on that.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1378 on: November 13, 2019, 08:16:19 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2019, 09:01:09 PM by Bagel23 »

lmao i ate a texas shaped waffle, and one of the blocks literally looks like maverick county TX in the right place and size in Texas XD

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1379 on: November 15, 2019, 04:34:42 PM »

The Goose is coming off ignore. I have come to accept him as a forum institution in his own right.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1380 on: November 15, 2019, 07:21:13 PM »

The Goose is coming off ignore. I have come to accept him as a forum institution in his own right.

thank u brah!!

i know u r a world traveler. have u ever had tuica (the romanian liquor)?

i was chilling with this girl i know who is from Romania and she says in romania they slam shots of that sh**t constantly.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1381 on: November 15, 2019, 08:00:51 PM »

thank u brah!!

i know u r a world traveler. have u ever had tuica (the romanian liquor)?

i was chilling with this girl i know who is from Romania and she says in romania they slam shots of that sh**t constantly.

Only one way to find out if that’s true!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1382 on: November 16, 2019, 03:11:17 AM »

How'd you get my number Hillgoose? Also Groupme? Srsly? lol
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1383 on: November 16, 2019, 07:11:59 AM »

That moment when you spend two days hammering out a CS project that your partners did absolutely jacks**t on

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1384 on: November 16, 2019, 07:21:51 AM »

That moment when you spend two days hammering out a CS project that your partners did absolutely jacks**t on

Actually just picked up We the Living (along with Slaughterhouse V and Crime & Punishment) at the local used bookstore.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1385 on: November 16, 2019, 06:22:25 PM »

If JBE wins Imma jump in there.

itll be like 47 degrees here by midnight eastern time and there was not much sun today as you can see so it will be cold. I really don't wanna have to jump in there lol.  

I usually would wear a shirt but this time I wont, because i dont need the cold thing sticking to me as i get out of the pool and struggle to take it off for a minute. Literally just going in for a 10 second dunk and then running to the shower.

So I have already just gotten down to it and I am exposing myself to cold water to acclimate myself so I hopefully don't get cold shock and drown. But I am ready JBE,

win this thing!

*Sidenote, I definitely wasnt thinking through this when I decided to do it, but it's too late to turn back now, unless ofc Rispone wins.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1386 on: November 17, 2019, 12:27:31 AM »

If JBE wins Imma jump in there.

itll be like 47 degrees here by midnight eastern time and there was not much sun today as you can see so it will be cold. I really don't wanna have to jump in there lol.  

I usually would wear a shirt but this time I wont, because i dont need the cold thing sticking to me as i get out of the pool and struggle to take it off for a minute. Literally just going in for a 10 second dunk and then running to the shower.

So I have already just gotten down to it and I am exposing myself to cold water to acclimate myself so I hopefully don't get cold shock and drown. But I am ready JBE,

win this thing!

*Sidenote, I definitely wasnt thinking through this when I decided to do it, but it's too late to turn back now, unless ofc Rispone wins.

We did it ppl! My dad tried to stop me but ended up filming it lol.

Was 47 degrees and my lungs felt like they froze, I am fine though. Hyperventilated for a couple mins afterwards and was so cold and ran to the shower where warm water had a tinglish hurt for like 5-10 mins before I felt back to normal. Word is word though. And JBE won!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1387 on: November 17, 2019, 01:27:05 PM »

3% Juul does nothing.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1388 on: November 17, 2019, 03:38:09 PM »

How'd you get my number Hillgoose? Also Groupme? Srsly? lol

lmao that actually sounds kinda like me ur right
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1389 on: November 17, 2019, 03:40:51 PM »

went way 2 far at the rager last night. Me and a friend of mine showed up at the bonfire with a bottle of Crown Royal. by the time we left, it was empty.it was fun but the hangover sux.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1390 on: November 17, 2019, 03:49:05 PM »

went way 2 far at the rager last night. Me and a friend of mine showed up at the bonfire with a bottle of Crown Royal. by the time we left, it was empty.it was fun but the hangover sux.

Never bring a bottle to a party you intend to bring home. Smiley
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1391 on: November 17, 2019, 03:51:33 PM »

Never bring a bottle to a party you intend to bring home. Smiley

true brah. never done a whole bottle of crown in one night tho. usually i just chug beer till all my cans are gone lmfao

there was that time i tried to down a whole bottle of crown in 10 seconds but then puked it all back up into the sink. rip.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1392 on: November 19, 2019, 09:01:40 PM »

Once or twice a week I get these phone calls from a fake insurance company scam.  The lady on the other end (and I swear to God it's the same Asian-sounding lady every time) always starts her intro with who they are and how they can help me lower my car insurance policy and save money.  I do not own either a car or car insurance, so I know that it is a scam right away because they want me to think they know about my "policy."

Usually when they call, I hang up right after they say who it is, but I wanted to have a little fun this time.  So I let her finish her little spiel and tell her I'm interested.  She asks for my zip code.  I pause for a few seconds and say slowly and clearly into the phone, "0-1-4-8-8."  Silence for a couple seconds.  Then she says "Goodbye" and hangs up.

I was disappointed because I really wanted to prod her around for a little while!  My dad used to have a field day with these telemarketers/scam artists for hours sometimes. Tongue

(Funny enough, I looked up the zipcode 01488 just to see if one existed and there are two of them!  One is in the UK and another is a postal code in... Warsaw.)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1393 on: November 20, 2019, 10:13:06 AM »

I just said "I am a FF" in real life. On purpose.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1394 on: November 20, 2019, 10:34:30 AM »

omg guys i think my entry path to becoming a derivatives or bond trader might actually be opening 😬😬😬 i didn't expect to actually garner any interest, i thought it was just a pipe dream. I know my resume makes me look like a total overachiever and I guess I am but i thought i would always get overlooked anyway omgggg

here's to moving somewhere huge in the next year or so and doing hundred hour weeks for a few years?

my wife is being strangely supportive. she was totally against me becoming starting on the path to becoming a trader just a few months ago. I think she's decided if I'm raking in that ca$$$h it won't matter if I'm never home?

wtffff guyssssssssssssssssss wtffffffff
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1395 on: November 20, 2019, 10:36:18 AM »

I just said "I am a FF" in real life. On purpose.

i've done this on purpose as well. people are always like wtf.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1396 on: November 21, 2019, 04:46:52 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2019, 05:38:02 PM by Santender »

Spin globe. Point finger.

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1397 on: November 22, 2019, 04:14:42 AM »

ok boomer - Various Artists

I witnessed quite possibly the most incoherent display of boomery this morning.

The 60-year-old man in the booth behind me was loudly and incoherently ranting to his friend about the state of Americna politics. The only discernible parts of his mumbling were "****ing Democrats", "witch hunt", and "NANCY PELOSI" - the latter of which was screamed to most of the restaurant. It was like a hallucination brought on by my soul-crushing tiredness, only running on 3 hours of sleep that night.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1398 on: November 23, 2019, 03:39:14 AM »

Be careful, that’s exactly what happened to Doctor Garrigan.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1399 on: November 23, 2019, 12:56:03 PM »

I had a true neocon evening last night. Basically just chilled at home destroying a 6 pack of Natty while baking Freedom Fries I got at Walmart, watching Fox News and listening to Kid Rock. 🦅🦅🦅💯💯💯😎😎😎
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies