Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:01:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 147718 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: December 08, 2018, 01:01:06 PM »

Jesus, it’s 6 here and the sky could have passed for midnight for the last hour.

AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #301 on: December 08, 2018, 04:08:30 PM »

Happy belated birthday
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #302 on: December 08, 2018, 04:14:39 PM »

~31 hours to submit a takehome final. Also have to edit/finish two papers, prepare for my in-class final on Tuesday, and do some work for my internship. And my first doctoral applications are due the 15th and I still lack my third letter of rec. The schools I really want to attend have the earliest due dates, so it’s a full court press even after finals are done.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #303 on: December 08, 2018, 04:17:18 PM »

~31 hours to submit a takehome final. Also have to edit/finish two papers, prepare for my in-class final on Tuesday, and do some work for my internship. And my first doctoral applications are due the 15th and I still lack my third letter of rec. The schools I really want to attend have the earliest due dates, so it’s a full court press even after finals are done.

Well at least dat bass player?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #304 on: December 08, 2018, 04:22:36 PM »

Well at least dat bass player?

Haven’t seen her since. She’s affirmed she wants to go out again, but family illness obstructed one weekend and now we’ve both got finals. If I can’t swing anything next weekend, I’d have to say it’s over. That said, I only realized yesterday in a fit of over-caffeinated over-confidence that despite my recurrent anxiety (not the medical kind) and her not being the greatest at texting, I don’t actually have much to worry about.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2018, 12:10:42 AM »

On my way back from the club in Nashville last night this semi next to me on I-40 near Carthage blew this deer right in half, sent the other half right in front of my car. Luckily it didn't damage my car but it did cover the front of my car with blood and guts.

Since this happened in Carthage I'm convinced it was Al Gore mind-controlling that deer to try to silence me.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #306 on: December 09, 2018, 11:56:54 AM »

On my way back from the club in Nashville last night this semi next to me on I-40 near Carthage blew this deer right in half, sent the other half right in front of my car. Luckily it didn't damage my car but it did cover the front of my car with blood and guts.

Since this happened in Carthage I'm convinced it was Al Gore mind-controlling that deer to try to silence me.

Gore has jumped a couple levels up in my book.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #307 on: December 09, 2018, 04:36:38 PM »

It wasn't Al Gore dummy, it was ManBearPig.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #308 on: December 09, 2018, 08:30:08 PM »

Oh boy, I'm gonna have to go to school with a brace and one crutch tomorrow, and limp myself across the largest HS in my county! Yippee!

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #309 on: December 11, 2018, 10:48:06 PM »

Finals are basically over. Just got my internship project, grad school apps, and the whole female situation to deal with. Tongue
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #310 on: December 11, 2018, 10:49:49 PM »

Oh boy, I'm gonna have to go to school with a brace and one crutch tomorrow, and limp myself across the largest HS in my county! Yippee!

https://media.giphy.com/media/7ZjmsISzWnreE/giphy.gif

Sad

what happened?
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #311 on: December 12, 2018, 02:35:28 PM »

Sad

what happened?

I dislocated my knee a week ago. Sad
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #312 on: December 12, 2018, 02:48:46 PM »

What you really need is a little Jeb Healing:

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #313 on: December 12, 2018, 04:51:31 PM »

What you really need is a little Jeb Healing:

Thank you Virginia, very cool!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #314 on: December 13, 2018, 10:05:10 AM »

My adviser has two days to submit my letter of recommendation. :l
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #315 on: December 14, 2018, 06:04:33 PM »

I'm working on a new PI scenario.

Here's a preview - I'll let you guess what race it is. Wink

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #316 on: December 14, 2018, 06:07:24 PM »

At work, we are actually still legally required to send some things in the form of a letter ... I actually kind of like it, LOL.  It's like renting a movie at the movie store!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #317 on: December 14, 2018, 06:18:13 PM »

Letter of rec countdown at the eleventh hour. We've got about 36 hours to finalize. Damn university faculty.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #318 on: December 15, 2018, 04:59:41 PM »

Stomach viruses are so awful. My symptoms have been brutal; up all night doing you can imagine simultaneously from 7pm-4am. My lower back (presumably kidneys) have been killing me, got a 101F fever, and my eyes are burning while also having an awful headache. Definitely not enjoying my weekend.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #319 on: December 15, 2018, 05:25:23 PM »

I have a message for all you who judge a man by his fraternity membership: Today, in a pinch, my undergrad chapter's faculty adviser authored my third letter of rec with only a few hour's notice when one of my original guys (someone who should have done it, by all conventional standards) didn't come through. It's because of him my applications are complete. Hallelujah. Now let's hope that all that fretting and those application fees were worth it.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #320 on: December 16, 2018, 06:22:20 PM »

Life just flies by so fast. I'm on the verge of turning 24 and these past couple years have felt like a couple weeks to me. Back when I was, say, 14 - large amounts of time on internet communities dedicated to niche topics would give me constant exposure to new and interesting ideas. That gravy train of novelty has long ran out by now. While I do enjoy trolling and LARPing on this forum, there are simply too many goals I need to fulfill before my time on Earth is up. I can no longer afford to risk even spending a few seconds of time screwing around on the internet.

I'm not coming back to this forum until I make my first $1,000,000 and when I beat what I like to call "The United States Senate Challenge." Some of you already know what it is. To those of you who don't...it uh..means I intend to travel to all 50 states to 'get involved' with two women from each of them. Of course, I have quite a few other important things to accomplish on top of these two as well.

And yes, I'm being completely serious, even though most won't believe me. Goodbye. Have a nice life in the meantime everyone.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #321 on: December 16, 2018, 06:29:39 PM »

While I do enjoy trolling and LARPing on this forum,

Thank you for admitting your a troll, now if only Icespear would do the same. Then both of you can leave.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #322 on: December 16, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »

Thank you for admitting trolldom and deliberately setting impossible goals for yourself to return.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #323 on: December 16, 2018, 08:29:36 PM »

I'm not coming back to this forum until I make my first $1,000,000 and when I beat what I like to call "The United States Senate Challenge." Some of you already know what it is. To those of you who don't...it uh..means I intend to travel to all 50 states to 'get involved' with two women from each of them. Of course, I have quite a few other important things to accomplish on top of these two as well.

I'll admit, I laughed.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #324 on: December 17, 2018, 09:40:25 AM »

Life just flies by so fast. I'm on the verge of turning 24 and these past couple years have felt like a couple weeks to me. Back when I was, say, 14 - large amounts of time on internet communities dedicated to niche topics would give me constant exposure to new and interesting ideas. That gravy train of novelty has long ran out by now. While I do enjoy trolling and LARPing on this forum, there are simply too many goals I need to fulfill before my time on Earth is up. I can no longer afford to risk even spending a few seconds of time screwing around on the internet.

And yes, I'm being completely serious, even though most won't believe me. Goodbye. Have a nice life in the meantime everyone.

No lol, you were starting to get funny and a forum institution.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies