Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:33:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 148964 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: December 11, 2019, 02:47:17 PM »

^ I have never been so "swept off my feet" by a city as I have with Prague.  Not that I wasn't expecting a cool city, but I guess I was never aware of how happening it actually was.  Cheap as HELL, too.

Beautiful women, friendly people, great beer, cheap day to day stuff... what's not to like?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1451 on: December 11, 2019, 08:15:08 PM »

I realized today I missed out on an emo achievement.

In 2009 after Dude Fest's final night I immediately left Indianapolis, getting a head start on my trip home. I got a hotel room eventually in Urbana, IL, and the next morning went back on my way until I was back in Minneapolis.

Urbana, IL of course being home to the "American Football house" that appears on their first LP. A now popular tourist destination for emo fans, and in fact was recently rented by some people who threw a house show there!

Never heard about this place until I read this post. But looking it up this is actually two blocks away from the house I used to bartend at. Probably walked by it a number of times. I certainly don't care about this band, but I do find it intriguing when some group of people finds a place really close to my home as interesting.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1452 on: December 11, 2019, 08:52:49 PM »

^ I have never been so "swept off my feet" by a city as I have with Prague.  Not that I wasn't expecting a cool city, but I guess I was never aware of how happening it actually was.  Cheap as HELL, too.

Beautiful women, friendly people, great beer, cheap day to day stuff... what's not to like?

Dammit, my spring break is already booked elsewhere.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1453 on: December 12, 2019, 10:02:36 AM »

You can't find Juul anywhere in CZ!!! Ugh, I:

a) didn't have time to load up on 5% flavored pods in Canada
b) didn't have time to buy 5% tobacco-flavored pods in the US
c) forgot to buy weak 1.8% flavored pods in the UK

And my last mango pod died yesterday. I am dying.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #1454 on: December 12, 2019, 02:37:46 PM »

You can't find Juul anywhere in CZ!!! Ugh, I:

a) didn't have time to load up on 5% flavored pods in Canada
b) didn't have time to buy 5% tobacco-flavored pods in the US
c) forgot to buy weak 1.8% flavored pods in the UK

And my last mango pod died yesterday. I am dying.

Looks like the vaping industry will claim another American victim.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1455 on: December 12, 2019, 03:08:00 PM »

Found some! And then took a walk around Old Town.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1456 on: December 12, 2019, 04:53:15 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2019, 04:58:16 PM by Bagel23 »

Every doggo is just a big baby Smiley

and are just great in general

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1457 on: December 12, 2019, 07:16:11 PM »

My best friend is going through an emotional breakdown right now. After two years of emotionless Grindr hookups, he's worrying that he'll die alone and wants to find a guy who he can settle down with. However, due to his offensive sense of humor, he's kind of a pariah in the extremely PC Berkeley gay community. He's cried himself to sleep every night for the past week. I wish I could be there for him but I've got an essay due at midnight.

It's times like this that I feel really thankful for my girlfriend. She's the only woman I've ever met who can laugh at just about everything and never seems to take offense. It's such a liberating feeling being with her; I don't have to censor myself and we can make a ton of racist jokes about each other and genuinely laugh about it. She's getting dinner with my friend tonight to cheer him up. I never thought I'd meet anyone like her. Guys, find someone who you can laugh with. That matters so much more than anything else.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1458 on: December 12, 2019, 07:17:40 PM »

Guys, find someone who you can laugh with. That matters so much more than anything else.
"I would rather cry in a BMW than laugh on a bicycle."
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1459 on: December 13, 2019, 12:04:24 AM »

Guys, find someone who you can laugh with. That matters so much more than anything else.

Well he was crying in the basement of a co-op, so by that standard I'm still much better off.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1460 on: December 13, 2019, 08:41:56 AM »

Well he was crying in the basement of a co-op, so by that standard I'm still much better off.

It is an infamous quote from a popular Chinese TV show about 10 years ago.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1461 on: December 13, 2019, 09:27:48 AM »

This is taken a bit too literally with a good chunk of my students unfortunately.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1462 on: December 13, 2019, 09:47:21 AM »

1.8% pods are like sucking mango-flavored air through a straw.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1463 on: December 13, 2019, 09:04:55 PM »

i'm so stressed out and pissed off all the time and i don't even know why. probably because i'm working nonstop and barely sleeping but i can't let myself give in. i just have to keep telling myself that if i stop working so much or sleep more i'm lazy and weak. i can keep going. i know it. it'll be better someday.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1464 on: December 13, 2019, 09:22:46 PM »

i'm so stressed out and pissed off all the time and i don't even know why. probably because i'm working nonstop and barely sleeping but i can't let myself give in. i just have to keep telling myself that if i stop working so much or sleep more i'm lazy and weak. i can keep going. i know it. it'll be better someday.

If you can’t find out how to enjoy rest, how can you say the money is even worth it?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1465 on: December 13, 2019, 11:27:25 PM »

If you can’t find out how to enjoy rest, how can you say the money is even worth it?

This

And it sounds like you're stuck in a very unhealthy cycle. I know how that feels, and I would suggest you reach out to someone who can help you out of it. Regardless of what you feel about productivity and work, you are still human, and you still have both physiological and psychological limits.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1466 on: December 14, 2019, 12:55:32 PM »

Please do not believe the rumors. I do NOT tie up and tickle guys. It was a joke I made on AAD once and people ran with it.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1467 on: December 14, 2019, 12:59:14 PM »

Sometimes I feel very out of place from the rest of the forum in the sense that I didn't have a strong interest in political geography at such a young age. I didn't become seriously interested in all of that until after I graduated from college, though it was a very complicated path that got me to this point.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1468 on: December 14, 2019, 03:10:41 PM »

Please do not believe the rumors. I do NOT tie up and tickle guys. It was a joke I made on AAD once and people ran with it.

But no said anything about tying or tickling up anyone here...I mean, until this last post anyway.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1469 on: December 14, 2019, 03:11:40 PM »

As for me, I'm visiting the folks for a the holidays.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1470 on: December 14, 2019, 04:23:29 PM »

lmao, what???  Angry
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1471 on: December 14, 2019, 05:04:44 PM »

Wrapped up my semester today with a paper submission that, in theory, I only need a 75% on to get my desired grade. Now dealing with the blank plane of purposelessness that yawns before me for three weeks. Is this why I stay in school!?
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1472 on: December 14, 2019, 10:40:07 PM »

For anyone wondering, I haven't posted in a while because basic training takes away your phone.

So yeah, I joined the Army. College wasn't gonna pay for itself, so Uncle Sam will pay for it. I'm in the reserves, so I can start college next year. With my army tuition assistance plus the fafsa and the support the college itself gives me, I'll graduate debt free.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1473 on: December 14, 2019, 10:44:47 PM »

For anyone wondering, I haven't posted in a while because basic training takes away your phone.

So yeah, I joined the Army. College wasn't gonna pay for itself, so Uncle Sam will pay for it. I'm in the reserves, so I can start college next year. With my army tuition assistance plus the fafsa and the support the college itself gives me, I'll graduate debt free.

I hope that both college and the armed services are meaningful, edifying, and supportive environments for you.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1474 on: December 14, 2019, 11:01:33 PM »

I hope that both college and the armed services are meaningful, edifying, and supportive environments for you.

Thank you! So far the army has been very good. I would say it has been what you said in this post.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies