Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:52:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 147731 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: November 05, 2018, 05:31:54 PM »

Got called for jury duty for the first time, LOL.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 07:45:06 PM »

Was not selected for jury duty.

Fairly easy in Johnson County, IA if you say one Republican viewpoint. Tongue
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 11:53:50 AM »
« Edited: November 29, 2018, 12:02:41 PM by RINO Tom »

Was not selected for jury duty.

Fairly easy in Johnson County, IA if you say one Republican viewpoint. Tongue

You know, you're not supposed to lie about your political beliefs during jury selection.

IceSpear trolling aside, I was kidding.  Didn't talk once.  I was called back the day after I was excused (she said this was the second time this has happened in the 20+ years the lady had worked there), so I was the backup of the backups.  Got to leave at 11:30 and had the day off.

P.S.  "Republican viewpoint" in Johnson County, IA is probably even well to the left of me, LOL.  Not that anyone here should even care.

EDIT: IceSpear, you made me want to take the PM test again, haha.  We'll see if I am smart enough to link it.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 06:07:24 PM »

At work, we are actually still legally required to send some things in the form of a letter ... I actually kind of like it, LOL.  It's like renting a movie at the movie store!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 06:17:25 PM »

I just got wicked drunk for the first time in my life, vomit and all.  I had two glasses of what I thought was regular beer but was actually moonshine, and since I'm usually not a drinker I couldn't tell the difference.

Live and learn.
Oh Good Lord, been there done that. Is the room spinning like a plane about to crash? Tongue

It was. Tongue

I puked my brains out and then slept for like two hours.  My mom had to check if I was still breathing.

... Did you just buy s bottle labeled “alcohol”??

My mom bought what I thought was regular booze.  I had one glass and got a little tipsy and should've stopped there, but I went for another figuring that I have a big build and normally don't react strongly to substances.  Later I read the bottle and saw that it was 100 proof.

I never had moonshine before, but I did learn a lesson I'll never forget.

I have never had moonshine (well, REAL moonshine, anyway), but wouldn't your first taste be jarring enough to prevent a second?? Tongue
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 04:36:08 PM »

As I mentioned in the relapse thread, all the progress I reported about my brother proved to be shattered within a few hours of posting it.

Sucks, man, sorry to hear that.  Hoping for a happy (or at least happier) ending to the setback. :/
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 11:25:36 AM »

Will be going back to school in the fall, and as of this June/July (depending on girlfriend's schedule ... has an interview in Chicago today!), my avatar will finally make sense!  Lol
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 11:27:30 AM »

Will be going back to school in the fall, and as of this June/July (depending on girlfriend's schedule ... has an interview in Chicago today!), my avatar will finally make sense!  Lol

Finally getting that MBA? Or gonna be a real Chad and do financial economics?

Lol, MBA.  Got the GMAT waiver this spring, so I pulled the trigger.  Probably the right time career-wise for me.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 04:02:30 PM »

Will be going back to school in the fall, and as of this June/July (depending on girlfriend's schedule ... has an interview in Chicago today!), my avatar will finally make sense!  Lol

Finally getting that MBA? Or gonna be a real Chad and do financial economics?

Lol, MBA.  Got the GMAT waiver this spring, so I pulled the trigger.  Probably the right time career-wise for me.

I thought this seemed very early for that type of program, but then I realized you're old! 2.5 years older? I thought it was one! No wonder why you used "LOL" so much.

And not getting any younger. Wink
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 12:09:56 PM »

Yeah, I am not even old, just turned 18, but it is starting to get scary. I’ve heard it only gets worse.

Uh, actually getting old sucks.  I'll take any year in your post-21 twenties over 18 any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 05:04:17 PM »

My mother passed away this past Saturday Morning and I found out the news in the middle of the Ozarks as I was driving home from Dallas. I was nearly paralyzed in the middle of the Ozarks unable to drive for nearly seven hours but I was able to make it back to St. Louis.

Kidney failure and cardiac arrest concurrently.

I am very devastated.

Sorry to hear that. Sad  My grandpa just passed away here recently, and seeing the way it affected my dad (his son) - a usually pretty emotions-in-check type of guy - was hard to watch.  I can't imagine losing a parent, especially at an age as young as yours.  Hope you're hanging in there. Sad
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 03:33:11 PM »

Would you guys quit bookkeeping if you had the opportunity to become a car salesman? Like good idea or no?
Very good idea car salesman make bank right?

Yeah, I'd at least be making about what I am now, even if I didn't get great commission at first, and my hours would probably be better too.

However I still want to become a stockbroker/CFP later on and I don't know which skill set between bookkeeping or sales would make me more attractive to a brokerage.

Idk. Hard decision.

My friend was a car salesman for a while ... personally, would not recommend.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2019, 05:16:37 PM »

I took my crush to the beach yesterday (90 minutes away from Tally!) and we had such a good time that I decided I’m taking her to the mountains near Asheville/SW GA on a whim. She’s down, I got the funds, and we’re heading up on Friday.

Damn, you're bold! Tongue  Hope you have a good time.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 04:59:59 PM »

Gave my notice today. Cool

They took it incredibly well, so I am thankful for that.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 11:59:47 AM »

I have recently become fascinated with the ethnic and genetic diversity of the human race, and it has specifically led me to doing a lot of research about ethnolinguistic families.  This has actually led me in a bit more of a "conservative" direction on the issues of the nation state and cultural identity; obviously, I have a huge issue with nationalism as a guiding political philosophy, but I certainly see where these people are coming from.  Their views cannot - and definitely should not - be boiled down to "ew, racists."

I find the general idea that you can't be fascinated with tracing certain people's origins (i.e., finding it interesting that someone of mainly Scottish stock is loosely descended from the Celts and Proto-Indo Europeans before them) without treading too close to racism is just laughable and oh-so-stupid.
 Isn't that the point of *Diversity*?  That we look at how cool the different stories of different people groups are?  Anyway, the reason I am yapping is to suggest this YouTube channel to anyone who also is interested in this type of thing:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1vVNQN-TCy8d3Mb_Owr2Kw/playlists
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 03:11:29 PM »

Officially got our apartment today, so we'll be real Illinoisans August 2nd.  My avatar won't be 100% true yet, though, as I think you have to vote in the primary first in Illinois?  Haha, I'll miss closed registration a little bit, not gonna lie, but caucuses ... ick, peace out.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 03:46:09 PM »

Officially got our apartment today, so we'll be real Illinoisans August 2nd.  My avatar won't be 100% true yet, though, as I think you have to vote in the primary first in Illinois?  Haha, I'll miss closed registration a little bit, not gonna lie, but caucuses ... ick, peace out.

Yaaaas good news! What city will you be living in?

Chicago!  On North Dearborn ... don't want to get too specific on the open Internet. Tongue
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 10:58:59 AM »

Officially got our apartment today, so we'll be real Illinoisans August 2nd.  My avatar won't be 100% true yet, though, as I think you have to vote in the primary first in Illinois?  Haha, I'll miss closed registration a little bit, not gonna lie, but caucuses ... ick, peace out.

Yaaaas good news! What city will you be living in?

Chicago!  On North Dearborn ... don't want to get too specific on the open Internet. Tongue

You open yourself up to so much ridicule...

Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 11:48:16 AM »

Congrats to Mr. RINO and Chairman Sanchez for appearing to break the Atlas barrier.

You're a good dude, Cath.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 11:39:03 AM »

Second wedding of the season today (not mine). Thank Gosh it’s over after this until September.

I feel there is a sweet spot for a wedding to be truly enjoyable:

A) It's not THAT good of a friend so you don't have to be in the wedding party and can just enjoy yourself/have no responsibilities.

B) It's a good enough friend that you have plenty of mutual friends (i.e., you have people you like to party with).

Going to weddings of girls from your friend group but you don't really know the groom well are ideal. Wink
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2019, 09:31:44 AM »

Now in a cabin in the blackhills forest, lemme just say this is probably one of the creepiest places I have ever been, I wanna go home Sad

The people here are so racist too, it’s so horrible and it’s so sad to see how native Americans are treated here, does not do them justice. I really feel for them, and if it keeps up I might actually have to disregard my mom’s wishes and push back, because silence is part of the problem, and I don’t want to be part of it.

Like ?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2019, 02:02:10 AM »

I didn't even plan on drinking last night but somehow ended up getting more drunk than I have in idk how long. My snapchat story is a f!ckin mess lmao

Gonna do it again tonight.

Knew I had a reason to like you!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 10:14:21 AM »

Drinking an old fashioned in the Palmer House lobby >>>>
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »

Met Green Line last night at Romney-Clinton Happy Hour!  Lol

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2019, 01:35:59 PM »

^ I worked hard to bring him to the dark side, but no luck so far.

You guys mainly talked about politics. If I talked to RINO Tom we would be debating on what is better the NBA or College Basketball

Lol, I mean not really ... maybe 50/50.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies