Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:10:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 147502 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: October 19, 2018, 11:21:00 AM »

I'm seeing Bob Dylan for the fourth time in St. Augustine tonight! Well worth the three hour drive.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 10:15:43 AM »

I'm leaving atlas because it seems to be bad for my mental health. Nebulousviolet@gmail.com if anyone wants to contact me that much(won't neccesarily answer)

I am getting a therapist, so don't worry about me.
You deserve to feel better and go through the waves as strong as possible. I hope you come back once you overcome this.

Anywho, I saw Bob Dylan last night, but I was in such severe back pain that I struggled to enjoy the show. On top of that, I had to drive two hours to Vero afterwards. I couldn’t make it, so I crashed in my car for a few hours at a rest stop.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 11:23:50 AM »

Made it to Vero after a long and arduous drive (I had severe back pain the whole night) to visit my grandma. My paranoia proved correct - my beloved grandma is doing far far worse than they have been telling me. In fact, it may be a matter of days. I’m staying outwardly strong but on the inside I’m an absolute wreck.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 05:44:31 PM »

Not trying to be a dick (especially to people whom I really, really like), but to all of the people messaging me about Fantasyland, please refrain from messaging me any further. I'm currently in Vero Beach at my aunt's house spending time with my grandmother, who has only days to live. I appreciate the fun of Atlasia, but wifi is real spotty here and it will probably take several tries just to get this post up. I'm not ignoring you guys on purpose, and if I could, I'd vote in a heartbeat, but I just don't have the time to keep trying to get the vote post formatted.

Today was my brother's 21st birthday, but it's been a rough couple weeks for him. He AMA'd out of rehab and used again, before sending my parents a series of extremely angry texts in which he labeled me a "schizophrenic", my youngest autistic brother "a non verbal retard" and threatened to put opiates in my dad's coffee. That was like a week ago.

We were able to take him from his detox center so he could visit my grandma (against both of my parent's instincts) one last time, and he was incredibly moody and physically ill due to the withdrawals. He refused to allow my dad to take him back (he refuses to talk to my dad at all), so my mom had to drive him an hour south back to the facility even though her own mother literally is in rapidly failing health. This infuriated me, and I sort of went off on him, lambasting his selfishness, his constant attempts to blame others, etc, etc. He went to hug me before he left, but I coldly told him to "just go."

I now feel a fair bit of remorse, so I just called the rehab and had them take an apology message to him. He doesn't deserve it, and I frankly only fifty percent meant it TBH, but I don't want to ruin his birthday and I definitely don't want him leaving the facility again. I'm feeling pretty much every emotion for him at once. But I *think* I did the right thing by apologizing. Maybe I'm unwittingly enabling him, but I just can't bear seeing him so miserable.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 03:43:13 PM »

Not trying to be a dick (especially to people whom I really, really like), but to all of the people messaging me about Fantasyland, please refrain from messaging me any further. I'm currently in Vero Beach at my aunt's house spending time with my grandmother, who has only days to live. I appreciate the fun of Atlasia, but wifi is real spotty here and it will probably take several tries just to get this post up. I'm not ignoring you guys on purpose, and if I could, I'd vote in a heartbeat, but I just don't have the time to keep trying to get the vote post formatted.

This is why I left Atlasia, constant messages that is.

I'm sorry about your grandmother and I hope you'll use remaining time together.
I spent the entire weekend with her after the Bob Dylan concert. She is at peace with herself and despite the end stage COPD, she insisted I wheel her outside for cigarettes. She’s defiant to the bitter end, and I’m so incredibly proud of her.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 10:19:08 PM »

Grandma died five minutes ago. I want to tear my teeth out.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 10:15:48 AM »

Thanks friends Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 05:08:48 PM »

My uncle, who is a fairly accomplished guitar player in a local duo, wrote and recorded the most beautiful song about my grandma and I completely lost it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 10:41:27 AM »

Jesus Christ that sounds awful, stay safe Peebs!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 10:54:46 AM »

Jesus Christ that sounds awful, stay safe Peebs!
I got pulled out of school an hour and a half ago (and for some reason, school's still technically open), so while my mind's been going 100 miles a minute all day, I've technically remained safe.
So did this happen on campus? Because if so, there are definitely going to be changes at your school for at least a short while.

Hell I remember when I was in high school after Sandy Hook. The next day, each school in Palm Beach County had a Sheriffs Deputy outside all day. Ours was a woman of at least 70 years of age; she had a huge puffy giant Afro that was the height of one third of her body. I told my mom "we're f--ked" if a shooter came in because she'd probably have broken a hip if she tried to confront him.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 05:51:24 PM »

My girlfriend and I are going to the Twenty One Pilots concert here in KC on the 21st. I like the band, but she absolutely loves them and they mean so much to her since they helped her as she struggled with depression, suicide, and self-harm. But, I have a big surprise planned for her during her favorite song, which they play at the end of every concert; I'm going to propose to her. I'm so excited and nervous!
If I don’t pop off the champagne for Governor-elect DeSantis than I’ll do it in honor of you guys instead. Either way I’m drinking champagne that I bought at a gas station.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 04:10:20 PM »

Americans for Prosperity dramatically overpaid me due to a clerical error. I did the right thing and reported it to both my boss and my boss’s boss’s, but I’m hoping they’ll forget about it/let me keep it Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 06:13:06 PM »

Hillgoose you know you’re a sociopath right?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2018, 11:03:22 PM »

Someone in my inner circle has been feeding my mother info about me. Needless to say, I'm not pleased.
Time to assemble your own plumbers squad Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 01:43:45 PM »

Looks like I got a date. Now to figure out a way to flub it.

Talk about bigfoot, that oughta do it.
Or tell her that your voting for Trump because your brother’s on heroin. That did the trick for me once - Jesus what the hell was I thinking? Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 01:30:52 AM »

Drove six hours to pick my brother and his gf up, then drove six hours back. Long day.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2018, 12:07:13 AM »

Sorry for your loss Shua Sad

I don't normally disclose what goes on in my life these days because for the most part (especially this past October... some of you know why), things have been... just dreadful really, but for the first time in a while I'm actually feeling optimistic about stuff.  My mom and I recently joined a new church.  I'm starting to get out of the room more.  We found a new community and people have been really helpful and accommodating to us.  The hotel we're staying at even dropped us off *a lot* of food the other day so that we could have a good Thanksgiving.  The first one in years.

That, and with the midterms behind us it's nice to not have to worry about checking polls constantly.  For a while, anyway. Tongue
Good to hear Scott! Happy Thanksgiving!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 08:14:57 PM »

I started a timeline on AH.com.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2018, 09:49:55 PM »

I met this girl who might very well be my Eva Braun Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 12:28:31 AM »

My dad is strongly considering booking a vacation in the Bahamas over spring break. I really really don't want to go. I think we'll play a little game. If he can physically drag my rear onto the airplane then I'll go. Otherwise, I think I'll just sit on the couch when it's time to leave for the airport and just not move.
Are you crazy? The Bahamas is amazing. In fact, our family’s contingency plan is to flee there in event of original sin leading to atom bomb.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 04:00:50 PM »

became an American citizen today and also filled out a voter registration form at the place. Guess which party I registered with?

Ready to cast my first vote in 2020 for Pres. Donald John Trump and flip New York red (or Atlas Blue)
Damn immigrants done took our jawbs!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2018, 03:24:01 AM »

People still send letters?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2018, 04:36:38 PM »

On my way back from the club in Nashville last night this semi next to me on I-40 near Carthage blew this deer right in half, sent the other half right in front of my car. Luckily it didn't damage my car but it did cover the front of my car with blood and guts.

Since this happened in Carthage I'm convinced it was Al Gore mind-controlling that deer to try to silence me.
It wasn't Al Gore dummy, it was ManBearPig.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2018, 01:42:55 AM »

dude owes me nearly $1,000 and isn't paying me bcuz he's "in debt" well figure it out dude, go take out a loan or something because u were supposed to pay me over a month ago.

this is what i get for being nice and loaning money to people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXId5jOTxdg
https://youtu.be/SD1n-DKUIeE
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 01:16:13 PM »

I overslept and missed the DeSantis inauguration, but then again, I have class at two anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies