Opinion of fake internet "intellectuals" who hate on Social Media?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:56:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of fake internet "intellectuals" who hate on Social Media?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 6

Author Topic: Opinion of fake internet "intellectuals" who hate on Social Media?  (Read 294 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2018, 12:04:27 PM »

I mean they're really prevalent on forums, I'm sure you've run into one at some point. You know, those guys who maintain that Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, etc. are all shallow and that everyone who enjoys them are basically airheads who are far below them in intelligence? And then go on to talk about how social media is destroying society or some dramatic bull sh**t like that?

It's one of the things that bothers me the most about online forums, the pretentious people who like to bash anything popular just because it's popular.

It makes me think a lot of the people that do this are really just lonely and miserable and dislike social media because no one like interacting with them that much, but would prefer to blame everyone else for their loneliness rather than work on what's making them disliked. You know like that?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 12:12:07 PM »

I'm sure there are oodles and oodles of legitimately smart people on social media.

There are other reasons to hate those places apart from intelligence. Privacy-destroying corporations whose entire business model is your personal information should be despised. Also Facebook is old people social media.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 12:21:14 PM »

An odd way of asking if I hate myself, but okay. I’d say it’s more an awareness that I’ll never live up to most moral standards and a resentment of my early childhood lack of social awareness, but I guess you could say I do.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 12:21:56 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2018, 01:07:07 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I feel like this is directed at me Smiley While the Facebook and the Twitter rarely take up any time at without an explicit purpose these days (they are merely maintained so no content is lost) and the Snapchat has always been beneath me, I spend more time than I should on the Instagram. I do believe these time wasting activities are a drain on society in more ways than just inefficiency, and that very much includes me. It's not bashing it because it's popular. It's bashing it as slothful and sinful or glorifying sin and as a health hazard. We should be helping people to reduce dependency. Additionally, the expectation to remain in constant connection is severely anxiety-inducing, which I would hope most people can recognize as bad when it comes to being constantly connected for employment-related purposes. I recall Snowstalker posting awhile back a leftist meme against Microsoft along those lines, and I didn't recognize the problem for how bad it really was at that point. It's something we all need to work on to be productive human beings. Addiction is not healthy.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 12:22:45 PM »

well to be fair twitter is full of annoying people
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 12:23:16 PM »

Smilo, you are a treasure. Smiley
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 12:29:46 PM »

I'm sure there are oodles and oodles of legitimately smart people on social media.

There are other reasons to hate those places apart from intelligence. Privacy-destroying corporations whose entire business model is your personal information should be despised. Also Facebook is old people social media.

idk that sounds like a good business model to me like are these people jealous they didnt come up with it first?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 12:42:55 PM »

I feel like this is directed at me Smiley While the Facebook and the Twitter rarely take up any time at without an explicit purpose these days (they are merely maintained so no content is lost) and the Snapchat has always been beneath me, I spend more time than I should on the Instagram. I do believe these time wasting activities are a drain on society in more ways than just inefficiency, and that very much includes me. It's not bashing it because it's popular. It's bashing it as slothful and sinful or glorifying sin and as a health hazard. We should be helping people to reduce dependency. Additionally, the expectation to remain in constant connection is severely anxiety-inducing as well, which I would hope most people can recognize as bad when it comes to being constantly connected for employment-related purposes. I recall Snowstalker posting awhile back a leftist meme against Microsoft along those lines, and I didn't recognize the problem for how bad it really was at that point. It's something we all need to work on to be productive human beings. Addiction is not healthy.

Nah it's not directed at anyone in particular just a trend i notice on forums
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 01:49:19 PM »

You wanna know what I noticed on my front step this morning?  Goose poop. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies