NY-GOV 2022: Brian Barnwell vs. Marc Molinaro (Sanders midterm, Cuomo retires)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:55:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  NY-GOV 2022: Brian Barnwell vs. Marc Molinaro (Sanders midterm, Cuomo retires)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins this matchup?
Marcus Molinaro (R-N.Y.)

Brian Barnwell (D-N.Y.)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: NY-GOV 2022: Brian Barnwell vs. Marc Molinaro (Sanders midterm, Cuomo retires)  (Read 607 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2018, 07:38:27 PM »

Three-term New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) decides not to run for a fourth term in May 2021, looking to challenge President Bernie Sanders in the 2024 Democratic presidential primaries.

New York Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul is seen as Cuomo's preferred choice in the September 2022 primaries, but other N.Y. Democrats run:

-State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli (D)
-NY Assemblyman Brian Barnwell (D-Queens)
-Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown
-Rep. Kathleen Rice (D-Long Island)

Hochul and State Attorney Gen. Letitia James opts out, Barnwell wins due to his appeal to white ethnic voters in the City and Upstate, as DiNapoli is unknown.

Meanwhile, the NY GOP renominates Dutchess County Executive Marcus Molinaro over former S.I. Borough President Jimmy Oddo and black businessman John Burnett.

Barnwell vs. Molinaro. Who wins?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Barnwell

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 09:06:06 PM »

With that primary field, either Rice or DiNapoli are winning, as DiNapoli is a statewide official, who probably would have Coumo's support without Hochul running, and Rice is one of New York's most high profile Congresspeople.

I think the most ticket for Democrats doesn't include Barnwell at all, but actually is:

Thomas DiNapoli/Byron Brown

That ticket balances New York's two reigons (DiNapoli is from Long Island, Brown from Buffalo), and a Democrat is going to dominate New York City no matter what.

The other plausible ticket combination I can think of is:

Kathleen Rice/Lovely Warren, which again would unite two disparate parts of New York, as Rice is a Long Island Congresswoman, while Warren is Mayor of Rochester.
TrumpBritt24
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 08:08:33 PM »

My favorite for that Dem. Primary race would actually be Mayor Byron Brown, and certainly he or whoever the Democratic nominee is would win.

Molinaro will barely hit 35% this year. He will never be Governor of NYS.
Strong Candidate
123NY
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 08:47:26 PM »

With that primary field, either Rice or DiNapoli are winning, as DiNapoli is a statewide official, who probably would have Coumo's support without Hochul running, and Rice is one of New York's most high profile Congresspeople.

I think the most ticket for Democrats doesn't include Barnwell at all, but actually is:

That ticket balances New York's two reigons (DiNapoli is from Long Island, Brown from Buffalo), and a Democrat is going to dominate New York City no matter what.

Kathleen Rice/Lovely Warren, which again would unite two disparate parts of New York, as Rice is a Long Island Congresswoman, while Warren is Mayor of Rochester.

Would DiNapoli really have the support of Cuomo? DiNapoli has been critical of a decent number of Cuomo's initiatives, such as fossil fuel divestment, and didn't give him any meaningful backup during the gubernatorial primary.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 09:08:56 PM »

Would DiNapoli really have the support of Cuomo? DiNapoli has been critical of a decent number of Cuomo's initiatives, such as fossil fuel divestment, and didn't give him any meaningful backup during the gubernatorial primary.

Probably, unless someone Coumo trusts more (Letita James, Kathy Hochul) is running. i don't see Rice earning Cuomo's support (or running in the first place, she'd probably just wait for a position in the Justice Department to open up), Barnwell's an unknown, and while it's plausible Brown could earn Cuomo's support, I think Cuomo would back someone more likely to win the primary, and that's DiNapoli.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies