2024 Election Game - Sign Ups and OOC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:57:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game - Sign Ups and OOC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Poll
Question: Turn length?
Keep at 2 Weeks

Extend to 1 Month (starting in October) for duration of game

Extend to 1 Month until Primary Season

Extend to 1 Month until General Election phase

Other (State in Thread)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: 2024 Election Game - Sign Ups and OOC  (Read 11121 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2018, 02:35:24 PM »

Thanks
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2018, 02:40:13 PM »

So, when can I start posting, and how much can I? Also, what's the current Senate composition.

And just saying, Cortez is not going to be next Governor of New York but it's fine I guess.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2018, 02:41:30 PM »

So, when can I start posting, and how much can I? Also, what's the current Senate composition.

And just saying, Cortez is not going to be next Governor of New York but it's fine I guess.
The Senate composition is 68-32 Democrat due to the wave election of 2022. But Republicans are poised to gain many seats in 2024 so it will return to normal.

I'll make it clear when the first turn starts, I'm waiting for enough people. But feel free to write an announcement post.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2018, 02:43:03 PM »

The Senate composition is 68-32 Democrat due to the wave election of 2022. But Republicans are poised to gain many seats in 2024 so it will return to normal.

I'll make it clear when the first turn starts, I'm waiting for enough people. But feel free to write an announcement post.
Also would Phil Scott get any head start in NH?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2018, 02:43:54 PM »

And, can I say Phil Scott is still the Governor? I'd assume I'd be able to have some kind of high approval in Vermont.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2018, 02:45:41 PM »

If you are referring to poll numbers/early campaigning, he will have an edge overall in the Northeast.
And, can I say Phil Scott is still the Governor? I'd assume I'd be able to have some kind of high approval in Vermont.
Yes. He is still the governor.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2018, 02:50:20 PM »

If you are referring to poll numbers/early campaigning, he will have an edge overall in the Northeast.
Yes. He is still the governor.

Alright awesome, thanks.
x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2018, 02:52:56 PM »

I've decided I'll take Shapiro. The whole impeachment gate scenario may very well help him incredibly in this election. Lets see how this goes.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2018, 03:00:39 PM »

I've decided I'll take Shapiro. The whole impeachment gate scenario may very well help him incredibly in this election. Lets see how this goes.
Cool, will note.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2018, 04:08:30 PM »

On second thought, are you going to personally do the debates, and if not, can I moderate them?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2018, 04:21:40 PM »

On second thought, are you going to personally do the debates, and if not, can I moderate them?
My plan was to send question via PM, have the candidates respond, then allow for rebuttals. At this point I would rather have another candidate (specifically another Democratic candidate) but feel free to submit questions.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2018, 04:23:50 PM »

My plan was to send question via PM, have the candidates respond, then allow for rebuttals. At this point I would rather have another candidate (specifically another Democratic candidate) but feel free to submit questions.

Thanks. I think you'll get another Democrat soon enough.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2018, 04:48:16 PM »

can the 2018, 2020, and 2022 Governor and Senate Maps be posted?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2018, 05:11:13 PM »

can the 2018, 2020, and 2022 Governor and Senate Maps be posted?
Yes. I'll certainly get it done by tomorrow if not tonight Smiley
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2018, 05:40:50 PM »

also, will there a primaries list and delegate count for each state?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2018, 05:43:03 PM »

To be honest, I have no idea how delegates work and I intend to do some research on allocation. Help would be appreciated. I should be able to do a schedule however, with a similar order to 2016.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2018, 05:45:42 PM »

To be honest, I have no idea how delegates work and I intend to do some research on allocation. Help would be appreciated. I should be able to do a schedule however, with a similar order to 2016.

Not to similar, maybe make Super Tuesday a bit earlier, replace Nevada with something else, etc, etc. I might be able to help with delegates tho
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2018, 05:46:19 PM »

Personally, I think you should mess with the order (for example be willing to have someone leapfrog Iowa).

So a possible order would be Nevada, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Iowa.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2018, 05:47:57 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2018, 05:53:49 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

Personally, I think you should mess with the order (for example be willing to have someone leapfrog Iowa).

actually, Iowa and New Hampshire have been confirmed to always be the first states. Hell, one time, New Hampshire tried to SUE another state for trying to place their primary before them, same with Iowa.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2018, 05:50:49 PM »

actually, Iowa and New Hampshire have been confirmed to always be the first states. Hell, one time, New Hampshire tired to SUE another state for trying to place their primary before them, same with Iowa.
Anyway, I would love help with the delegates. Thanks for the offer! Regarding order, I'll focus on delegates first and make a decision after that.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2018, 05:55:27 PM »

I'd like to join as Chris Murphy.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2018, 05:59:03 PM »

Noted, thanks!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »

actually, Iowa and New Hampshire have been confirmed to always be the first states. Hell, one time, New Hampshire tried to SUE another state for trying to place their primary before them, same with Iowa.

One day, Iowa/New Hampshire will lose such a lawsuit. That would be a plausible scenario to start with for this game.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2018, 06:39:43 PM »

Can I have Allison Lundragan Grimes if she was elected to the Senate in 2020 or Governor Jim Hood
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2018, 07:36:21 PM »

One day, Iowa/New Hampshire will lose such a lawsuit. That would be a plausible scenario to start with for this game.
@New Tennessean Politician HUGE SHOUTOUT for the delegate numbers! I think I'm going to roll with that.

Regarding scheduling, I will draft a proposed primary schedule and post it sometime in the near future. I will take your suggestion into account and do research on the previous lawsuits.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies