SB 2018-322: Voter Eligibility Reform Act (Tabled)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:18:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2018-322: Voter Eligibility Reform Act (Tabled)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2018-322: Voter Eligibility Reform Act (Tabled)  (Read 603 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2018, 01:14:01 AM »
« edited: November 21, 2018, 04:04:04 PM by Sestak »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]
Sponsor: MB
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 06:42:03 PM »

Never in my life have I seen a bill sit for over a month and not have a single post made in the bill thread by anyone.

This bill has been without a sponsor since MB left the Senate and thus by Senate rules is already technically tabled.

That being said I will speak to the underlying bill itself. I am all far easing the burdens by which people participate in Atlasia. However, we have a serious problem in this game where people do not contribute/participate and it has reached such levels that we are considering an amendment that kicks people from office who do not participate. So why I ask, is it responsible to remove the posting requirement for voting in light of this present situation?

We have seen the voter rolls be expanded massively over the the past year to levels unseen in this game ever and yet we are seeing record inactivity on the part of officeholders and the part of citizenry that is rather concerning to anyone committed to the long term endurance of this game. I would be tempted to refer to this change as the entrenchment of Discordification of Atlasia whereby people register and vote, but do nothing else. They don't post on the AFE board, they don't post on the AFG board once elected, except to vote when prompted. They don't debate, discuss, amend, contribute to the legislation construction or the execution of said laws.

This transformation into Atlasia into essentially a hands off series of regularly scheduled popularity contests where the two sides compete not to see who has the best ideas or the best activity but who can marshal the most soldiers on discord. If this tend is not changed in the near future, I don't think Atlasia can possibly survive.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 07:32:01 AM »

Never in my life have I seen a bill sit for over a month and not have a single post made in the bill thread by anyone.

This bill has been without a sponsor since MB left the Senate and thus by Senate rules is already technically tabled.

That being said I will speak to the underlying bill itself. I am all far easing the burdens by which people participate in Atlasia. However, we have a serious problem in this game where people do not contribute/participate and it has reached such levels that we are considering an amendment that kicks people from office who do not participate. So why I ask, is it responsible to remove the posting requirement for voting in light of this present situation?

We have seen the voter rolls be expanded massively over the the past year to levels unseen in this game ever and yet we are seeing record inactivity on the part of officeholders and the part of citizenry that is rather concerning to anyone committed to the long term endurance of this game. I would be tempted to refer to this change as the entrenchment of Discordification of Atlasia whereby people register and vote, but do nothing else. They don't post on the AFE board, they don't post on the AFG board once elected, except to vote when prompted. They don't debate, discuss, amend, contribute to the legislation construction or the execution of said laws.

This transformation into Atlasia into essentially a hands off series of regularly scheduled popularity contests where the two sides compete not to see who has the best ideas or the best activity but who can marshal the most soldiers on discord. If this tend is not changed in the near future, I don't think Atlasia can possibly survive.

I feel the same. I always liked the fantasy government aspect more than the fantasy election aspect but I'm afraid very few others feel the same way.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 01:45:38 PM »

This is so destructive towards the game, I seriously cannot believe this is happening.
It totally makes sense that Sestak and MB want this considering that the only reason they won is due to recruiting a bunch of zombies right before the election. Labor only cares about winning, not governing plain and simple.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies