2024 Election Game - IC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:22:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game - IC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game - IC  (Read 4368 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2018, 01:24:01 PM »
« edited: October 21, 2018, 11:05:51 AM by Democrats for Knute Buehler »

I'm going to attempt to do one of these. I have never done this before so if you guys could help me I would appreciate it greatly Smiley

Prologue
The 2018 elections were a fairly Democratic set of elections, with Democrats taking control of the House (gaining 42 seats) and tying control of the Senate (picking up Nevada and Arizona, while losing North Dakota). They also came close to gaining a majority in governorships, stifled only by upset victories by Scott Walker and Allen Fung.

2018 Governorships

Democrats 25 (+9)
Republicans 25 (-8)

The 2020 Democratic Primaries were extremely competitive with a wide field of candidates. However, by the Iowa caucus the field had narrowed to three frontrunners: New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, and Former VP Joe Biden. Bernie Sanders, representing a united progressive faction within the Democratic Party, capitalized on the establishment split to take the nomination with relative ease, with 60% of the delegates. He selected Oregon Senator Jeff Merkley as his running mate. On the Republican side, President Trump faced little major primary opposition, but was still burdened by approvals stuck in the upper 30s. Up until October, a Sanders victory appeared likely, however on October 2 he suffered from a stroke while on the campaign trail. For the next two weeks, he stayed in the race before dropping off the ticket due to further health concerns. Mass confusion ensued, with Sanders’s name stuck on the ballots, and the unprecedented nature of this event. Merkley was officially elevated to the Presidential slot and Kirsten Gillibrand was appointed his running mate. Despite the national climate remaining favorable to Democrats, voter confusion tipped the election to Trump, who won 270-268 (losing PA and WI from 2016). Downballot, however, Democrats made significant gains. While they did indeed lose the Montana governorship, they gained a shocking 9 Senate seats (and managed to save Doug Jones), erasing their losses from 2014 and nearly securing a supermajority. They also gained 14 seats in the House, bringing their seat count to 249.

2020 Presidential Election

Donald Trump / Mike Pence 270 EVs 47.1%
Jeff Merkley / Kirsten Gillibrand 268 EVs 49.0%

2019/20/21 Governorships

Democrats 25
Republicans 25

The first half of Trump’s second term was fraught with controversy, most notably relating to the Supreme Court. In 2021, Justice Clarence Thomas retired and Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died, leaving two vacancies. Trump appointed Amy Coney Barrett and Raymond Kethledge to the high court, but these nominees were blocked by the Democratic Senate, who were determined to get revenge for Gorsuch and Kavanaugh. This impasse crippled the court and the popularity of the President and Congress tumbled. This pattern continued on legislative fronts, with Trump being unable to get his agenda through the Democratic congress, and refused to consider Democratic bills on immigration and healthcare. In 2022, the six-year itch combined with anger at Trump and redistricting led to major Democratic gains in both houses (32 House seats and 9 Senate seats), putting Democrats in a dominating position, and likely to win 2024. In early 2023, they nearly pushed a single-payer healthcare bill over Trump’s veto, energizing the progressive base but leading to a slight erosion in support among independents.  

2022 Governorships

Democrats 32 (+7)
Republicans 18 (-7)

But then Chuck Schumer and Tim Ryan commited an unforced error. Frustrated with Trump’s obstructionism, they gave the President an ultmatium: confirm Merrick Garland and another liberal justice to the Supreme Court, or face impeachment. When Trump refused, Congress charged him with multiple gross misdemeanors, and the House impeached him 234-201 with 47 Democrats voting with Republicans against the charges. In the Senate, Democrats theoretically had one more vote than needed to impeach Trump, but defections from multiple red-state Democrats (plus Oregon senator Kurt Schrader) sunk the effort. The American people, Republicans and Independents in particular, were shocked by this blatant attempt at a power grab, and suddenly Republicans had a chance in 2024 again, holding tenous leads in both generic ballots at press time. The fields for both parties are wide open. Republican candidates will need to give the American public a reason to elect them for another 4 years in the White House, while Democratic candidates will need to separate themselves sufficiently from ImpeachmentGate while also appealing to the progressive base.

Trump Approval
Disapprove 51%
Approve 44%

Congress Approval
Disapprove 70%
Approve 19%

Presidential Generic Ballot
Republicans 45%
Democrats 44%

Congress Generic Ballot
Republicans 46%
Democrats 43%

Candidate lists are in no particular order

Declared Republican Candidates
Senator Bill Haslam (R-TN) - New Tennessean Politician
Governor Josh Hawley (R-MO) - NOTTYLER
Fmr. Governor Jon Huntsman (R-UT) - katman46
Governor Phil Scott (R-VT) - KaiserDave
Congressman Justin Amash (R-MI) - NMR
Conservative Commentator Ben Shapiro (R-CA) - x-guy
Fmr. Un Ambassador Nikki Haley (R-SC) - jakobisgood

Potential Republican Candidates
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)
Sec. of State Mike Pompeo (R-KS)
Governor Tom Cotton (R-AR)
Governor Josh Hawley (R-MO)
Fmr. UN Ambassador Nikki Haley (R-SC)
Governor Charlie Baker (R-MA)
Fmr. Governor Larry Hogan (R-MD)
Congressman Steve Scalise (R-LA)
Congressman Justin Amash (R-MI)
Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)
Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE)
Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
Congressman Steve King (R-IA)
Fmr. Governor Chris Sununu (R-NH)
Fmr. Senator Rob Portman (R-OH)
Fmr. Governor Jon Huntsman (R-UT)
Fmr. Governor John Kasich (R-OH)
Conservative Commentator Ben Shapiro (R-CA)
among others

Declared Democratic Candidates
Governor Andrew Gillum (D-FL) - JacksonHitchcock
Congressman Scott Rolen (D-MO) - Jaguar4life
Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT) - Sherrod Brown 2020
Senator Alison Lundergan Grimes (D-KY) - McGinty
Senator and 2020 Vice Presidential Candidate Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) - AdamEvans
Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) - Mycool

Potential Democratic Candidates
Senator Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)
Senator Steve Bullock (D-MT)
Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV)
Senator Jason Kander (D-MO)
Fmr. Senator and Presidential candidate Jeff Merkley (D-OR)
Congresswomen Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI)
Congressman Conor Lamb (D-PA)
Governor Richard Cordray (D-OH)
Senator Susan Rice (D-ME)
Senator and 2020 Vice Presidential candidate Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA)

Governor Gavin Newsom (D-CA)
Governor Andrew Gillum (D-FL)
Fmr. Governor Ralph Northam (D-VA)
Senator Tim Kaine (D-VA)
Senator Tim Ashe (D-VT)
Congressman Jared Golden (D-ME)
Fmr. Governor Martin O´Malley (D-MD)
Senator Krysten Sinema (D-AZ)
Senator Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV)
Fmr. Governor Tom Wolf (D-PA)
Senator Amy Kloubuchar (D-MN)
Senator Sally Yates (D-GA)
Governor Roy Cooper (D-NC)
Governor Julian Castro (D-TX)
Governor Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)
Governor Fred Hubbell (D-IA)
among others

Declared Other Candidates
Director of Neo-Sage and Activist Larry Sharpe (L-NY)

Rules
I have never done one of these before, so I’m going to rely a lot on crowd feedback and ideas. That said, I will base the rules off of similar rules from previous games (thanks Lumine, wxtransit, HCP, and New Tennessean Politican for said rules).

This game will cover the 2024 US Presidential Election from September 1st, 2023 to November 5th, 2024, divided into three main phases:

Primary Phase: Assuming campaign announcements to have come earlier in the year, this primary season will take us from September 2023 to June 2024, with players from the Democratic and Republican Parties fighting to emerge as the frontrunner or even the nominee of their respective parties. As candidates will have entered by September, they will have been assumed to have entered earlier in the year.

Convention Phase: Both main parties will enter this phase to decide on their eventual nominee, although the gameplay will be very limited if a player has already won his respective nomination. Should a party lack a clear nominee, players will be allowed to control their delegates and have them vote for a preferred candidate, with some exceptions to be decided by the moderator (me and possibly others)

General Election Phase: Taking us from September 1st to November 5th, 2024, with eight turns of a week to account for the final stage of the campaign as players play the Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidates, and potentially some key surrogates for their campaigns.

2.- The in-game length of turns will vary from days to an entire month depending on the circumstances, but all turns will last one week (from calendar Saturday to Saturday, no more) in RL. Duly informing of a turn absence will yield no penalty (a polling freeze or very limited loss), but simply not posting will bring consequences. Due to the quirks of my schuedle I may be unable to post turns at busy parts of my year, please bear with me.

3.- Personal message me for endorsements! No candidate may recieve more than 2 per turn, and there are some special endorsements that will be reserved for key events or dates (for example, New Hampshire or Iowa Governors, or relevant newspapers like the Des Moines Register or the New Hampshire Union Leader). Exceptions if the candidate is from Iowa or New Hampshire.

4.- There will be debates, several of them to account for the OTL high number of GOP debates and their undeniable impact on the race. The first few turns will all feature limited debates. I’m unsure quite how to do this, I will appreciate crowdsourcing ideas here.

5.- Like other games, I will use a number randomizer to determine positive and negative news for the candidates. 1-5 will be positive experiences (1 being great news) and 95-100 will be negative experiences (100 being terrible news). 6-94 will be no news. Real life news will also feature as part of the game for players to exploit (or influence).

6.- Third Party candidates are allowed to join, but their respective gameplay will be focused on the General Election. There will be exceptions on a case-by-case basis, for example if two major Libertarian candidates are facing off in a primary.

7 - If your candidate is not included in the provided list below, make a request on the sign-up board. Please make your candidates realistic (I’m going to be pretty flexible with this) .

8. Have fun.

I have copies of the maps for the 2018 House and 2018, 2020, 2022 Senate races, I will post them on request.

Primary Schedule
January 30
Iowa
February 6
Oklahoma
New Hampshire
February 13
South Carolina
February 20
Nevada
February 27
Alabama
March 5 (Super Tuesday)
Oregon
Missouri
Tennessee
Nebraska
Virginia
Washington
Idaho
California
Illinois
Montana
Colorado
March 9
West Virginia
Arizona
South Dakota
Kansas
March 10
Puerto Rico
March 12
North Dakota
Texas
Hawaii
Alaska
March 14
US Virgin Islands
March 16
District of Columbia
Guam
March 19 (Super Tuesday II)
North Carolina
Ohio
New Mexico
Vermont
Kentucky
Northern Mariana Islands
March 26
Indiana
Florida
American Samoa
April 9 (ACELA)
Connecticut
Delaware
Pennslyvania
Rhode Island
Maryland
April 23
Maine
April 30
Michigan
May 7
Wisconsin
May 14
New Jersey
Minnesota
May 21
Utah
May 28
Mississippi
June 11
Arkansas
New York
Georgia
Wyoming
Massachusetts
Louisiana

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 08:26:52 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2018, 08:37:47 PM by KaiserDave »

Governor Phil Scott Announces Candidacy:
A New Kind of Republican

Hello Burlington, it's a pleasure to be with all of you, so many of you I can remember from 2016, 2018, 2020, 2022. One of great parts of being governor of a state like Vermont, is that I get to know so many of my constituents, and many of them have become my friends. But there's been no greater pleasure then being your governor for the past 7 years.

(Clapping, cheering)

We've all changed a lot since 2016, this state has changed a lot. Our economy has grown, our taxes have dropped, we turned a billions in deficit, into a over a billion dollar surplus. We made responsible choices with our spending, and we made a sworn promise to taxpayers, which we kept. Vermont has grown and prospered. But contrary to my own expectations, I've still gotten older.

(Laughs)

But I'm still getting the stock car on the track

(Laughs)

But here in Vermont, we treat each other with respect. If we disagree, we discuss, we debate, we work for compromise. But we never, never make it personal. We don't lob mud at our political opponents, we talk with them, we work with them, we create friendships, and then we create compromise. And these past 8 years, the contrast with Washington has never been so stark. Washington D. C. has become a cesspool of obstructionism, rancor, and just plain nastiness. I don't need to tell you about the gridlock, the insults, and indignity and disrespect that infests Washington. We've all lived through the past 8 years, and nobody has liked it very much. While Washington politicians insult each other, yell at each other, and choose partisan war over common sense compromise, Vermont has create bipartisan change. We've cut taxes, create jobs, and balanced our budgets. While the President waged war on decency, and fought to take healthcare coverage away from millions of Americans, while destroying the dignity of the office of the Presidency, Vermont was improving our insurance programs, and caring for our needy. While Washington partisans increases the debt every year, we created a surplus. Both Republicans, and Democrats are too fault in the toxic Washington, we all remember the Kavanaugh hearings, the impeachment debates, and just the nastiness in Washington.

But Vermont, Vermont has been different. And I think Vermont can model a lot to America. America deserves moderate, solutions-based leadership in Washington. 8 years of partisan war haven't gotten anything done for America. Our problems have gotten worse. Our debt has grown, our taxes, they have too. Children have been locked up on the border, while we haven't got a common sense border security or DREAMers solution. So today, I asked Vermonters, I ask Americans, for the honor of their vote again. Because, I'm running for President of the United States!

(Cheering, clapping)

I'm a Republican, but I believe that my American patriotism, and compromise, and moderation, are more important that any party or idealogical divide. Because America needs healing, just like here in Vermont every day, we need to get over the mountain. Into the sunrise, we need a new day in America. And I believe that I can get it done. There are so many Americans who are sick of the way Washington and Politics operates. I ask them to look at my record, and think about what we do if America picks optimism for the future, we can reduce taxes for working Americans, and reduce the deficit. We can bridge the partisan divide, if we just look to where we agree. If can do it in Montpelier, we can do it in Washington!

(Cheers, clapping)

So the campaign trail begins today, we will criss cross the country. We will speak to voters, and we will get America over the mountain! We will pick aspiration and optimism! So let's get out there and win this election!

(Chant: PHIL, PHIL, PHIL, PHIL, PHIL, PHIL, PHIL, PHIL, PHIL)

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 08:47:14 PM »

Scott Rolen interview with Fox Sports on February 2nd 2023

Q:So who you are in the elected to the Hall Of Fame Scott is baseball over for you and you want to continue on with your political career?

Rolen:Well yes it’s funny you ask that because ever since I won that special election after Congresswoman Wagner retired in early 2020 and since then I have been called one of the most bipartisan members of the house willing to work for both parties especially with that bill I worked with the Republicans members on the issue of opioids and medication that is easily abused. I have worked with the progressives on reforming our gun laws and make sure that a criminal can’t easily get a hand on a assault weapon and I helped out with Medicare and social security which unfortunately President Trump veto both.

We need a leader I think that has proven to work beyond party lines and do things based on the issues not the parties they represent. So that’s why I am running for the Democratic Nomination for President!

Q:Wow you heard it from here folks Mr Rolen is running for President!!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 09:31:07 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2018, 09:31:09 AM by Democrats for Knute Buehler »

For endorsements, I will begin updating this space with current Senators and Governors.

Alabama
Governor Will Ainsworth (R)
Senior Senator Doug Jones (D)
Junior Senator Martha Roby (R)

Alaska
Governor Ethan Berkowitz (D)
Senior Senator Lisa Murkowski (R)
Junior Senator Dan Sullivan (R)

Arizona
Governor Mark Kelly (D)
Senior Senator Krysten Sinema (D)
Junior Senator Ruben Gallego (D)

Arkansas
Governor Tom Cotton (R)
Senior Senator John Boozman (D)
Junior Senator Mike Beebe (D)

California
Governor Gavin Newsom (D)
Senior Senator Dianne Feinstein (D)
Junior Senator Kamala Harris (D)

Colorado
Governor Jared Polis (D)
Senior Senator Michael Bennet (D)
Junior Senator John Hickenlooper (D)

Connecticut
Governor Ned Lamont (D)
Senior Senator Richard Blumenthal (D)
Junior Senator Chris Murphy (D)

Connecticut
Governor Ned Lamont (D)

Connecticut
Governor Ned Lamont (D)

Connecticut
Governor Ned Lamont (D)

Delaware
Governor TBD (D)
Senior Senator Tom Carper (D)
Junior Senator Chris Coons (D)

Florida
Governor Andrew Gillum (D)
Senior Senator Bill Nelson (D)
Junior Senator Stephanie Murphy (D)

Georgia
Governor Stacey Abrahms(D)
Senior Senator Sally Yates (D)
Junior Senator TBD (D)

Hawaii
Governor TBD (D)
Senior Senator Brian Schatz(D)
Junior Senator Mazie Hirono (D)

Idaho
Governor TBD (R)
Senior Senator Mike Crapo (R)
Junior Senator JIm Risch (R)

Illinois
Governor J.B Pritzker (D)
Senior Senator Dick Durbin (D)
Junior Senator Tammy Duckworth (D)

Indiana
Governor Eric Holcomb (R)
Senior Senator Joe Donnelly (D)
Junior Senator Pete Buttigieg (D)

Iowa
Governor Fred Hubbell(D)
Senior Senator Abby Finkenauer (D)
Junior Senator to be filled by 2023 Special Election (Joni Ernst (R) vs. Cindy Axne (D)) (replacing Tom Vilsack (D) (deceased))

Kansas
Governor Laura Kelly(D)
Senior Senator Jerry Moran (R)
Junior Senator TBD (R)

Kentucky
Governor Matt Bevin (R)
Senior Senator Rand Paul (R)
Junior Senator Alison Lundergan Grimes (D)

Louisiana
Governor John Bel Edwards (D)
Senior Senator Bill Cassidy (R)
Junior Senator John Neely Kennedy (R)

Maine
Governor TBD (D)
Senior Senator Angus King (I-D)
Junior Senator Susan Rice (D)

Maryland
Governor TBD (D)
Senior Senator Ben Cardin (D)
Junior Senator Chris Van Hollen (D)

Massachusetts
Governor Charlie Baker (R)
Senior Senator Elizabeth Warren (D)
Junior Senator Ed Markey (D)
pops
katman46

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: 4.00

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 11:26:56 PM »

"I don't want to do just what's best for Republicans. I don't want to do just what's best for Democrats. I want to do what's best for everyone. And that's why I am formally announcing, here and now, my candidacy for President"

ANDERSON COOPER: You just watched former Utah Governor and Russian Ambassador Jon Huntsman announce his campaign for President. This comes after Vermont Governor Phil Scott entered the Republican primary and Missouri Congressman Scott Rolen entered the Democratic Primary earlier today. Missouri Governor Josh Hawley and Tennessee Senator Bill Haslam are expected to announce Republican Primary campaigns any day now, and several others may join in as well. I'm here with Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight. Nate, what do you think the odds are that Jon Huntsman is the Republican nominee?

NATE SILVER: Thanks for having me Anderson. I would say Jon Hunstman has some chance of winning - but it's difficult to see just how he gets there without stringing together some kind of surprising coalition of voters. Let's not forget either that in 2012, the first time Huntsman ran, he got less than 1% in Iowa, 17% in New Hampshire, and proceeded to drop out. Even then, he only won 8 towns in New Hampshire. He has a huge numerical advantage there for sure, but he has to win there and by a lot. That may be hard to do with people like Phil Scott, Charlie Baker, Larry Hogan, and Lisa Murkowski in the race splitting the moderate vote.

ANDERSON COOPER: Thanks Nate, always a pleasure to have you on. Now back to our Alaska political correspondent, Linda Blackberry, she's talking with Joe Miller about his political future.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 07:21:02 AM »

Hawley for America campaign announcement

Jefferson City, Missouri- “Hello Ladies and Gentlemen of this wonderful state. Thank you for the opportunity to serve as your Governor these past few years. I am here today to make an announcement. I am seeking the republican nomination for president!
*Crowd cheers, some chanting Josh!*
Thank you! Thank you! Our American values are under attack by the Democratic Party! We need a leader who will stand up for American Values!
*Crowd cheers*
We need a leader who will defend our constitution from the attacks! We need a leader who will stand up for our gun rights. I am that leader! As you’ve seen from my administration in Missouri, I have a proven record as a conservative! I love you all. And God Bless The USA!”
*Crowd cheers, giving a standing ovation*
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 08:04:15 AM »
« Edited: October 19, 2018, 08:40:19 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

SENATOR BILL HASLAM ANNOUNCES CANDIDACY:
A VOICE FOR THE PEOPLE

Knoxville, Tennessee

March 13th, 2023

"Hello Knoxville, it's an honor to be here with all of you once again, all of whom I remember from 2003, 2007, 2010, 2014, and 2020. An amazing thing about Tennessee is that we focus on the issues and nothing but the issues. When I was Mayor of this fine city, I was able to rebuild downtown Knoxville, preserve several historical sites, such as the S&W Cafeteria, and developed the South Knoxville riverfront, and did more. This city, under my administration, operated under a balanced budget policy and doubled it's savings due to that during my first term as Mayor.

During my term as Governor, we cut taxes by millions of dollars, gave a 2.5% pay raise for State employees, raised millions for construction projects, and lowered unemployment from 9% to 2.8%. Under my tenure and my administration, the state went came out of a horrible situation in the Great Recession to one of the best job creators in the country. We were in the top 10 states for Job Growth for several years during my tenure and our, not my, OUR success was praised by the Democratic lord Barrack H. Obama. I imagine Democrats' heads are exploding at the idea of their best president endorsing a Racist Republican from the South.
"

*Laughs with Audience.*

"I kid, of course, but it shows that in those times, I was a strong candidate and Democrats supported me heavily. And then I became Senator in 2020, replacing Senator Lamar Alexander, who served our state excellently during his own 18 years as Senator. In 2021, I worked with my friend and fellow Republican Senator Marco Rubio, who was still Senator of Florida before losing re-election in 2022, and Democratic Senator Doug Jones of Alabama on a $75 Million tax cut for all Americans bill in the Senate and it barely passed due to Senator Murkowski being the deciding 51st vote.

However, then came Impeachmentgate. Don't get me wrong, I still have several Democratic friends, including Senator Jones, who I deeply respect and I hope doesn't run this year, but what Schumer did was a sign that the Democrats are willing to do anything to get what they want. Americans themselves were angered by this flagrant disrespect of law and our constitution due to Partisan Politics and that is a major reason why we're leading in the polls.

Now we have two Supreme Court Seats open. Not one, two! I do believe that what Mitch McConnell did to Merrick Garland was wrong and should've at least given him a hearing in 2016, but Majority Leader Schumer and the Democratic Party has showed how hypocritical they are. I chewed themselves out myself the day after Impeachmentgate. I was absolutely furious with them and I know many Americans are angered at the Democratic Party.

I am an Honest man and I promise I will do no negative ads and only bring up previous scandals from my opponents during debates because they deserve a chance to clarify themselves to the American people live and on air and I hope my opponents shall do the same.

It's time we bring Common sense, Tennessee Moderation to Washington. It's time someone kicks the insane heads of the Democratic Establishment. It's time someone reminds them they aren't the only party in Washington and their voters aren't the only voters in Washington.

I am Senator Bill Haslam of Tennessee, A Voice for the People, and I am announcing my Candidacy for the Presidency of these great United States!
"

(Crow Cheers and applauds wildly as Senator Haslam walks off the Announcement Podium to shake the hands of his supporters.

After announcing his candidacy, the website www. HaslamforPresident2024 .com is launched and it features all of Haslam's stances and his Accomplishments and his plans if he's elected, including his ideas for Supreme Court Justices.

Bill Haslam For President, 2024
Campaign Staff

Campaign Manager: Stephen Fincher
Communications Director: Bob Corker
Finance Director: Lamar Alexander

Bill Haslam for President, 2024
Campaign Infrastructure

National

- National Headquarters located in Knoxville, Tennessee
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 12:47:38 PM »

Rolen campaigns on tax  reform in St Louis

For the last almost 8 years President Trump especially in 2017 and more recently have been pushing a 1 billion dollar tax cut for the wealthy top 1% and a billion dollar milltary spending bill that unfortunately some of the fellow democrats have supported.

When/or it’s passed the deficit of the country will be so big that Republicans will have to start cutting social programs like Medicare and Medicaid and Social Security just so they can pay it off!

But here’s the thing we don’t need to do that we need to as a matter of fact stop that from happening.

I have a economic plan that if you go to my website you can read and look at is not some partisan hack job but a fair economy for all working and middle class Americans and small businesses!!

We need to cut the massive milltary spending and instead of raising taxes on the middle class we give ten a big tax cut while the people on the top 1% pay their fair share and we put that money into saving social security and Medicare and invest on improving our  education,environment and our space program.

We need a fair American economy!!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 02:17:32 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT
The first turn is now open. It will last in game-time from September 1 to September 15, 2023. The turn will close 12:00 AM CST Thursday October 25 and I expect to release a news post on Friday the 26th. This game remains open for new players and I will grant extensions for anyone who joins late free of polling penalty, until in-game October 1. After in-game November 1 no more candidate sign-ups will be permitted. Thanks for participating!
Endorsements will not be allowed for the first turn except for home-state politicians not on the potential candidates list. This is to accommodate anyone who decides to join in the meantime.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 03:45:37 PM »

What is the polling in Early States and Nationally
pops
katman46

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 04:16:33 PM »

Jon Huntsman Itinerary
September 1st-11th: New Hampshire Town Halls focused on the Opiate Epidemic, Taxes, Family Values, and Foreign Policy
September 12th: Utah Rally
September 13th-15th: Nevada Rallies
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 04:48:08 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2018, 05:33:16 PM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott on Meet the Press

Chuck Todd: We're privileged to have Vermont Governor Phil Scott from Montpelier, Governor of Vermont since 2017, and presidential candidate, welcome to the show Governor.

Phil Scott: Thank you Chuck, it's great to be here.

Chuck Todd: So you've just announced your run for President, how's the campaigning doing putting itself together?

Phil Scott: Really great Chuck, we've set up our campaign headquarters in Burlington, but we've already opened an office in Nashua and Portsmouth, and we're getting an unprecedented amount of volunteers, individual donations, and excitement. You know, people are really sick and tired of how the last 8 years have gone. The toxicity in Washington, I think people are looking for leadership of respect and dignity, leadership that looks for results not tribalism, and these 8 years have been short on results, but there has been plenty of tribalism.

Chuck Todd: How have you used your experiences as Governor of Vermont on the campaign trail?

Phil Scott: We speak about it quite a lot. Because what I've gotten done in Montpelier has been a stark contrast to what's going on in Washington. In Vermont, I worked with Democrats and Republicans to balance budgets, without raising a cent in taxes. In Vermont, I reached across the aisle to strengthen background checks in our state, and we did this all while still respecting each other. Is that so much to ask from Washington? I think that at the local level, leaders get more done. I think Washington needs some of that local, small-state perspective government. I hope to be that leader.

Chuck Todd: You talk a lot about toxicity in Washington. How have you viewed the last 8 years, specifically the Trump administration?

Phil Scott: Very poorly Chuck. The last 8 years have been some of the nastiest, most divisive years in American history. I think everyone from either side can agree on that. We are not on the right track. Both Democrats and Republicans have contributed to a culture of gridlock, rancor, and disrespect in Congress. I think we could all see that in the Kavanaugh hearings, the impeachment hearings, and in our daily lives. Now I think there are people on both sides who want to make things better, they're out there. They're in congress, but they're also outside of congress. In state houses across the country, from Helena Montana to Providence Rhode Island. But most importantly they're in America. So I ask for leadership that reaches to both parties to get results. I think that's better than what we've got.

Chuck Todd: But what about the Trump administration specifically?

Phil Scott: I will be frank, I don't think Donald Trump has done a good job. I didn't think he'd be a good President in 2016, I didn't support him then, and not in 2020. I think his personal conduct is disgusting, I think he shows a horrible example to our children. He's only contributed to the horrible atmosphere in this country, in congress, and across our country. His policy has ballooned the deficit, and he's cut vital services that were critical to Americans across the country, and his healthcare policy would have driven millions of their plans and ended coverage for preexist conditions. I think we need to move on from Donald Trump.

Chuck Todd: Do you think that you aren't conservative enough for the Republican Party, which has become for many the party of Trump?

Phil Scott: I reject the notion that this is the party of Trump. This is the party of patriotic Americans across the country, and a diverse array of opinions about Donald Trump. This isn't the party of any individual, or politician. I'm a Republican moderate, but I put results, consensus, and respect debate ahead off partisanship. Partisanship doesn't work, the last 8 years have proved that. But results, consensus, and respect do work. Montpelier proves that, moderate politics, politics of results and service is what we need for these next 4 years. We balanced our budgets, cut taxes, and grew the Vermont economy. We improved our insurance system, and protected our environment. I think Washington has a lot to learn from that.

Chuck Todd: Thank you Governor.

Phil Scott: Always.

Phil Scott Campaign Schedule: September

September 1st-3rd: Announcement (see earlier post), build campaign team, open campaign headquarters and offices
September 4th: Appear on Meet the Press
September 5th-9th: Hold several town halls, Vermont and New Hampshire, accepts endorsement or Burlington Free Press
September 10th: Give speech in Keene New Hampshire on Balancing Budgets
September 11th-13th: 9/11 remembrance, Hold 'meet and greets' with supporters, New Hampshire
September 14th: Give speech in Manchester, NH on Gridlock and Toxicity in Washington
September 15th-18th: Hold series of town halls, New Hampshire
September 19th-22nd: Gubernatorial Duties
September 23rd-25th: Bus Tour in Rural New Hampshire with Fmr. Vermont Governor Jim Douglas
September 26th: Campaign Rally in Nashua, NH, local and national media appearances
September 27th-29th: Bus Tour of Eastern Iowa, from Davenport to Iowa City
September 30th: Open Iowa Campaign Headquarters in Des Moines, Give speech on trade (condemning trade war)

Phil Scott Ad: "2024"

Hi. My name's Phil Scott. I've been Governor of Vermont since 2016. Today I'm asking for your vote. I'm running for President. Because in 2024, we need change more than ever, the last 8 years have been pretty tough, haven't they. In Vermont, I balanced budgets, cut taxes, grew the economy, and protected our natural wonders. But most importantly, Democrats and Republicans treated each other with respect and dignity. I ask for your vote today, because I think that in 2024, this is what America needs more than ever. I'm Phil Scott and I approve this message.  

(Running in New Hampshire and Davenport-Iowa City Media Markets)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 06:14:15 PM »

Abarms Campaign Schedule

September 1-6 Campaign in Oklahoma

September 6-9 Campaign in Iowa

September 10 Campaign in New Hampshire

September 11 9/11 Memorial

September 12-13 Campaign in Alabama

September 13-15 Campaign in Iowa

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 06:34:25 PM »

Here are Republican polls, Democratic polls will be up soon. As VP and probably most prestigious Republican, Mike Pence is in the polls and holds a lead. If there is no Pence player he will decline to run and his blurb will disappear.

National Polls - Republicans
Undecided/Other 24%
Mike Pence (R-IN) 17%
Ben Shapiro (R-CA) 13%
Nikki Haley (R-SC) 12%
Bill Haslam (R-TN) 9%
Josh Hawley (R-MO) 9%
Phil Scott (R-VT) 6%
Jon Huntsman (R-UT) 6%
Justin Amash (R-MI) 4%'

Iowa Polls - Republicans
Undecided/Other 24%
Mike Pence (R-IN) 14%
Josh Hawley (R-MO) 13%
Ben Shapiro (R-CA) 13%
Bill Haslam (R-TN) 11%
Nikki Haley (R-SC) 10%
Justin Amash (R-MI) 6%
Phil Scott (R-VT) 6%
Jon Huntsman (R-UT) 3%

Oklahoma Polls - Republicans
Undecided/Other 24%
Ben Shapiro (R-CA) 16%
Mike Pence (R-IN) 15%
Bill Haslam (R-TN) 13%
Nikki Haley (R-SC) 12%
Josh Hawley (R-MO) 9%
Jon Huntsman (R-UT) 7%
Justin Amash (R-MI) 3%
Phil Scott (R-VT) 2%

New Hampshire Polls - Republicans
Undecided/Other 24%
Mike Pence (R-IN) 17%
Phil Scott (R-VT) 14%
Ben Shapiro (R-CA) 12%
Jon Huntsman (R-UT) 12%
Nikki Haley (R-SC) 10%
Bill Haslam (R-TN) 9%
Justin Amash (R-MI) 6%
Josh Hawley (R-MO) 5%

South Carolina Polls - Republicans
Undecided/Other 24%
Nikki Haley (R-SC) 21%
Mike Pence (R-IN) 16%
Bill Haslam (R-TN) 12%
Ben Shapiro (R-CA) 12%
Jon Huntsman (R-UT) 9%
Josh Hawley (R-MO) 8%
Justin Amash (R-MI) 4%
Phil Scott (R-VT) 3%

Nevada Polls - Republicans
Undecided/Other 24%
Mike Pence (R-IN) 17%
Ben Shapiro (R-CA) 14%
Jon Huntsman (R-UT) 14%
Nikki Haley (R-SC) 12%
Bill Haslam (R-TN) 10%
Josh Hawley (R-MO) 9%
Phil Scott (R-VT) 5%
Justin Amash (R-MI) 4%

Alabama Polls - Republicans
Undecided/Other 24%
Bill Haslam (R-TN) 15%
Mike Pence (R-IN) 15%
Ben Shapiro (R-CA) 14%
Nikki Haley (R-SC) 12%
Josh Hawley (R-MO) 7%
Jon Huntsman (R-UT) 7%
Justin Amash (R-MI) 4%
Phil Scott (R-VT) 2%

Analysis
The Republican primary field is wide, and lacks a clear frontrunner, the perfect combo for a dramatic primary season. The main thing to watch for is: will Mike Pence run? As incumbent Vice President, he is in a powerful position should he choose to throw his hat in the ring, due to high name recognition and the ability to build a formidable fundraising machine, and will become an early favorite. However, he does have strong competition. Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro rose to prominence during the Impeachmentgate scandals and the WarrenCare (single-payer) Act nearly passing over Trump’s veto. He has the best name recognition despite not holding elected office. Nikki Haley is another strong candidate, a previous South Carolina Governor and UN ambassador, but some may argue her time has passed. Behind them, things become less clear. Senators Bill Haslam and Josh Hawley are solidly in the middle of the pack. Both are well-known and liked in their states, but they don’t have a true national brand. Trailing are Phil Scott, Justin Amash, and Jon Huntsman. For them to come back and win the nomination, they need to increase national name recognition. Scott is perhaps in the best position to do this, as he is in second in New Hampshire, while the others have more ground to make up across the board. Remember, anything is possible at this point, with the debates coming up soon.
pops
katman46

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2018, 06:47:57 PM »

Debate responses

1. As a former Ambassador in the Obama Administration who flamed out in the 2012 primaries. What do you have to offer today's Republican Party?
What I have to offer to the Republican Party is experience, hard work, and compromise. I worked in the Trump administration. I strongly supported Romney in 2012. Most Republican voters did the same - but I do not see anyone else in this campaign trying to bring together all Republicans instead of just appealing to a small sect of the party.

2. As you know a member of the LDS church has never been elected President, with Mitt Romney losing in 2012. What makes you think you have what it takes to win over evangelicals to win the nomination, and then win Independents in the general election?
I worked in the Trump administration - have you seen his approval rating with Evangelicals? I think we share a lot of the same family and religious values. As far as independents go, I believe strongly that they'll vote for me over whatever radical socialist becomes the Democratic nominee.

3. Have we done enough to correct our trade imbalance with China?
I don't think so, and I think this trade imbalance has gone on too long. I have great relations with China and will open up talks with them in a way no President has done in our history. I will be understanding, but firm. They will know that the US is not to be messed with.

4. If you are not nominated President, can you promise not to run an Independent bid?
I cannot make that pledge. I think I'll be the nominee, but if not and it's someone I can't support, I will consider an independent campaign.

My question goes to Phil Scott. Mr. Scott, you're pro-choice, you signed gun control legislation into law, you upheld the individual mandate of ObamaCare after it was removed nationally, and you support open borders. You're not a moderate, you're a liberal. So why aren't you running in the Democratic Primary?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 08:04:11 PM »

Bill Haslam Debate Answers

You must be logged in to read this quote.

1. A fair question and one that I will answer fairly. In the constitution, it says clearly that there is a freedom of religion within this country and in Tennessee, we do that quite well. Don't get me wrong, I am a christian and read the Bible for guidance in times of trouble for me or my family but simply put, making the bible the official book of the state would be a violation of the freedom of religion. Not to mention, the Bible is in every town, city, and state in America. From the Cornfields of Nebraska to the hustle and bustle of New York, From the swamps of Louisiana to farms of California. To make the Bible the official State Book would be saying that our state holds complete ownership over the book and that the Bible is unique to Tennessee. It simply is not. See, by making the bible the official state book, how will those that don't agree with the bible's views or aren't christian feel?.

Back to my point on it being being the freedom of religion. See, by making the bible the official state book, how will those that don't agree with the bible's views or aren't christian feel? I intended to make Tennessee as inclusive as possible and I did just that. Over 81% of the Population of Tennessee is Christian, correct, but that means that 19% of the state's population is not Christian. I will not alienate that minority so the Majority can take advantage of them. That's what this great Nation is all about. Giving a voice to the seemingly voiceless. I will not alienate that minority so the Majority can take advantage of them. I'm sorry and I apologize to all evangelicals but my morals are too high to pass an agenda which unfairly excludes state minorities. I will not pull cheap stunts to unfairly gain the support of a majority at the expense of a minority.

When I became Governor, I promised to represent all Tennesseans. When I had that bill on my desk, I had a decision to make: stick to my morals and my promise and veto or pass it and alienate the minority for potential persecution. In the end, I vetoed the bill, though it pained me to, to not break my promise and so the minority still can read what they like in Tennessee without derision for it.

On the note of evangelicals, I want to state that I won't pander to anyone for their vote. I won't pander to evangelicals, to blacks, hispanics, muslims, jews, catholics. I will earn their vote from my accomplishments and my campaign. I'm running an honest and open campaign and I promise that if pressed on this, I will answer this further. Until then, that is how I feel.

2. Great question and one that I will answer with no shame and with nothing withheld. I think the reason I joined is in the name. Mayors against Illegal Guns Coalition. There are some guns out there that are illegal and some of which that aren't. Many aren't and I believe that's something that should happen. For example, I believe AR-15s are within the legal right of the Constitution but I supported the idea of raising the purchasing age for the AR-15 to prevent potential school shootings on the level of Parkland or Columbine, which, thank god, never happened during my tenure as Governor. Yes, there were shootings here and there, but none on the level of the school shootings that I mentioned. I believe AR-15s are a gun that Americans should be able to get and should be able to use freely to defend themselves.

But I digress to my original answer. When I support a ban on illegal guns, I'm specific on the guns that I consider illegal. Now, before I continue, I want to say, let's get rid of the term Fully Semi-Automatic, as such a term is a misnomer. Semi means half and fully means complete and total, so saying a weapon is Completely half-Automatic is just strange and idiotic. Now that we got that out of the way, let me say my definition of an illegal gun. Any weapon that holds a caliber of 60 bullets of more should not be in the hands of National Citizens, I think everyone here can agree on that. Especially that person has mental issues so we can prevent shootings like the one in Las Vegas in 2017. I define Illegal guns as anything that has more than 60 Bullets per caliber and if they're high military grade, such as Light Machine Guns and Rocket Propelled Grenades, then I believe they shouldn't be in the hands of the common citizen.

Now, before I go on to the next question, I want to propose a solution to two major problems we have in this country. Gun violence within our schools and the low employment for our veterans. My solution to these problems is to arm our veterans and place them within our schools to help the local police force in protecting the school. I believe extensive background checks should happen for this program to see who would be the best suited to be around children. They have more experience than our police and I believe nothing would make them more honored than to defend the future to our nation. I respect veterans and I think this will be a good way to help employ them and allow them the respect they deserve.

3. This is a tricky question and one with no safe answer.  It's obvious that Saudi Arabia has a hold on us through it's strategic positioning and it's massive oil wells and reserves, knowing full well that if we step out of line with their agenda, they can raise prices and watch as the next President ends any restrictions on them once the one who puts restrictions on them is elected out of office by the people. This is a fact well known by many. It's a shame they can use their oil over our heads so we do what they want when we are the world superpower and shouldn't be allied with nations that abuse the civil rights of women, homosexuals and many others. Now, before people say I'm hypocritical because I'm against Gay Marriage, I want to say that while I'm against it, as long as you don't shove it in my face, I generally don't care and will allow bygones to be bygones. Now, to have a way to solve the dilemma that we're facing with Saudi Arabia, I think we need to do one thing: Increase our reserves in Ethanol, a clean energy, and Oil wells across the country, especially in the Northern pole region itself.

By doing so, we get rid of their ability to hold the albatross of oil around our necks. Once that has been dealt with, we can deal with the main issue with them: their various abuses of Civil Rights. it's time we enforce restrictions on them until they start allowing the rights of all to happen within their country. Once they adopt a constitution and allow all of those oppressed within their country, then we will begin to trade with them openly again. Until then, no deal.

For the alliance bit, I believe we should cut our alliance with them off once we have the reserves and strengthen our relationship with Israel and just promote the youth of Iran to revolt against the Islamic Theocracy. We already see that the youth of Iran are more friendly to us then their parents and the government and are pro-democracy themselves. We push some more, but don't go to war with them and don't do anything too harsh on them, and we have a whole new ally in our war on Terror and the war against Afghanistan and would have regained an ally we lost in the 1970s and 1980s and one which is moral, as before and after pictures for Iran before the Theocracy show how prosperous and progressive they truly were before that despotic regime currently in power took over. This is my plan on how to deal with Saudi Arabia and I will continue to develop it as time goes on, as plans are fluid and could change on a dime. For now though, this is my idea and I intend to keep it as such with developments to happen in the future

4. To put it frankly, no, I wouldn't. These are a future we are teaching and by teaching that god created everything and to blatantly disregard science is wrong. I think Mr. Shapiro said it best when he said "Facts over Feelings." and I think my belief on this regard fits that narrative. Facts are more important than feelings all the time and the facts overwhelmingly state that creationism, or Intelligent design" is all in all false and should never be taught in our schools to children. Children have an impressionable mind and to teach them your personal belief is illegal by law. Students should be allowed to form their own opinions on Politics and they should do the same on Science and religion.

I am disgusted to read reports of teachers teaching what they believe to students when they should only being doing their job and allow the students to be able to craft their own opinion on topics. I think we all agree on this idea: Keep Creationism out of our schools and keep it away from our children. If you support it yourself personally, I don't mind and I respect your right to support what you want, but don't indoctrinate children for your own agenda and to score points for your narrative.

Now, before I have a personal question for Governor Scott, I want to make something clear: I know my opponents will try and use a trucking scandal that came up during my term as Governor. They will try and use it as an attack on me but the thing they should no is by the time it happened, I had been out of the company leadership for over a decade. Yes, I still kept in contact from time to time, but I did not know of the abuse which was happening and privately, I was steaming mad about it. Now that we have that out of the way, let's go to my question for Governor Scott.

Governor Scott, throughout your entire tenure as Governor so far, you have voted far more in line with the Democrats than with the Republicans. You claim to be a moderate, I am a Moderate myself, but you clearly support more liberal ideas over others, with you being quite anti-gun being a key example, something that our party would never except in a thousand years. How do you defend yourself against and put to rest that you are just a Republican in Name Only?

I want to thank the moderator and all my opponents who agreed to attend this debate as I believe continual debate will be able to help us consolidate our positions and stances and allow the people a chance to see our ideas take shape and allows the viewers at home to decide for themselves who they should support once it comes to voting. Thank you all and Good Night!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2018, 08:52:03 PM »

Nikki Haley Debate Answers
__________________________________________________________________________________

1. I believe that my service as UN Ambassador under President Trump will help me with the voting group that he has able to receive in 2016 and 2020, and will help me lead the road to a Stronger American by being President.

2. I think that I will be the first ever minority candidate on a GOP Ticket because the Republicans of America are ready for a Moderate, Strong, and Determined Leader. As President, we will ensure Foreign Policy that puts America First, and an Economy that puts America First.

3. There has been no showing of proof that Russia has rigged our election, which leads me to believe that Russia did not interfere. Not to mention, how hard it is to rig an American Election. President Trump won the Presidency fair and square, and served the American people greatly.

4. If Russia threatens or takes actions against any of our allies, the American people can expect Strong Leadership, and Ruthless Actions to ensure Democracies around the world are protected. My experience as UN Ambassador will also assist with my Administration's actions against the Terror of other nations.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2018, 09:08:43 PM »

Nikki Haley for President: A Fighter for the Future

Haley for President Announcement Speech

Hello Charleston! It is so great to be in one of the best cities in the state of South Carolina.

(clapping, cheering)

I am so glad to be gathered here today with family, friends, and supporters. I am so proud to have served as UN Ambassador under our great President Donald Trump!

(claps)

As Governor of South Carolina I: Lowered Taxes, Lowered Unemployment, Increased Emergency Preparedness, Strengthened Small Business, and so many other things. No matter the differences I had with my colleagues on the other side, I worked with them to ensure South Carolina had the best. As Governor, I focused on one thing, improving South Carolina, and as President, I will focus on Keeping America Great and Putting Americans First!

(clapping, cheering)

I believe South Carolina, and I believe that America deserves a President that cares. A President that fights to ensure the best for the country, and a President that is ready to serve. If  I am to be nominated as the GOP Candidate for President, we will make History. I think it's time that America make some history, and I think the GOP is ready to make History!

(claps)

Now, I would like to thank all of you for coming out tonight, and for being apart of the movement to make History! I know that we will win the Nomination, and I know that we will win the Presidency, but we only can with your vote. So let's get out there, and win this race! Thank you South Carolina!

(claps, cheering)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 09:33:28 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT
To make it very clear, only in-state endorsements are allowed for Turn 1. This is due to the possibility of new candidates entering.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2018, 11:10:45 PM »

Gillum 2024 Campaign Schedule
September 1st - September 15th

Key Campaign Staff

• Campaign Chairman: Sen. Bill Nelson (D-FL)
  • Campaign Manager: Jeff Weaver
  • Fundraising Director: Sen. Stephanie Murphy (D-FL)

Campaign Schedule

September 1st

Begin bus tour of Iowa with a speech in Des Moines highlighting the focus of our future and campaigning on protecting the environment, supporting farmers with tax breaks and subsidies, and reversing the Citizens United Decision with an Amendment. 

September 2nd
Continue the Bus tour, Make an appearance with a youth group in Jasper county, with the message of building an effective new America based on renewable energy, single payer healthcare, and a system that works for everyone.

September 3rd
Continue the Bus tour in Iowa, meet with community leaders and the Democratic County Chair about how we can improve our outreach to these Suburban/Rural areas in these midwestern states. After this, the Governor attends a local Corn School (basically a county fair) and talks to local farmers and residents about many issues including the ethanol subsidy and his plant to clean up the environment.

September 4th
Continue the Iowa Bus tour speak in Warren County about the need for Universal Healthcare and the prominence of the Ethanol subsidy in his plan for a switch towards alternative fuels for the future of the environment.

September 5th
Continue the Iowa Bus tour Madison County campaign on cleaning up the corruption in politics and work as an outsider and begin working on the ground game in Suburban and Rural areas in Iowa, focusing mainly on Suburban voters who tend to lean more moderate and people who may feel disaffected by the establishment.

September 6th
Continue the Bus tour into Dallas County campaign focusing on building support among people who feel disaffected by the establishment and suburban voters, but also putting a heavy focus on rural voters as those are the ones who supported Sanders the most in 2016. Governor Gillum meets with leaders of the Democratic Party in the Iowa State Legislature the Senate Majority Leader and the Speaker of the Assembly. following the lunch he takes a plane to Chicago where he attends a fundraiser for his campaign that is attended by Senator Nelson and Senator Murphy.

September 7th
Governor Gillum begins campaigning with leaders of the African American in Birmingham, Alabama and remarks on how we need to work hard for the future of not only the United States, but Humankind. He redoubles his support for Medicare for All policy and Environmental Legislation such as the adaptation of the Paris Climate accord.

September 8th
The Governor gives a speech to a crowd of fishermen in Mobile talking about the disastrous effects of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill on the industry in Alabama. He also meets with the Judge Bob Vance and the leaders of the Democratic party in Alabama.

September 9th
The Governor meets with Senator Jones in Birmingham as well as the State Party chair and multiple county chairs along with many young volunteers who are working on helping Gillum secure the African American vote in Alabama in this early primary.

September 10th
Governor Gillum moves north to New Hampshire where he meets with the Governor and the Speaker of the New Hampshire House of Representatives along with Senators Shaeen and Hassan he also appears at a rally for progressive politicians throughout the nation and New Hampshire.

September 11th
Speech to memorialize the victims of 9/11 in New York.

September 12th
Meet and Greet with supporters in Nashua and the opening of our first campaign office in New Hampshire as the grassroots effort is being primarily focused on the vote rich liberal portions near Massachusetts. 

September 13th
in Oklahoma Governor Gillum lands in Tulsa and visits the University of Tulsa DSA association and meets with the Minority Leader and Minority Leader in the Senate and House. the Governor also opens the campaigns first campaign office in the state and one will open later in the day in Oklahoma City.

September 14th
Governor Gillum focuses on the suburban area in Oklahoma as well as the large urban population, but focuses the hardest on winning the votes of the politically active students at the University of Oklahoma in Norman Oklahoma State University in Oklahoma City and Tulsa University in Tulsa which hold a large amount of votes in the state that could provide a good early win for the Governor.

September 15th
the filming of the Governors first ad begins in Oklahoma city televison market where they hope with the ability to control the air waves here and in the Northeast they will be able to make up for the minor amount of time he spent there this week.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 11:37:53 PM »

National Polls - Democrats
Undecided/Other 28%
Jeff Merkley (D-OR) 26%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 14%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 13%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 10%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 9%

Iowa Polls - Democrats
Undecided/Other 28%
Jeff Merkley (D-OR) 23%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 17%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 13%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 11%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 8%

Oklahoma Polls - Democrats
Undecided/Other 28%
Jeff Merkley (D-OR) 21%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 17%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 13%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 13%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 8%

New Hampshire Polls - Democrats
Undecided/Other 28%
Jeff Merkley (D-OR) 28%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 15%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 11%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 11%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 7%

South Carolina Polls - Democrats
Undecided/Other 28%
Jeff Merkley (D-OR) 19%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 15%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 15%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 14%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 9%

Nevada Polls - Democrats
Undecided/Other 28%
Jeff Merkley (D-OR) 32%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 12%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 11%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 10%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 7%

Alabama Polls - Democrats
Undecided/Other 28%
Jeff Merkley (D-OR) 19%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 16%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 15%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 13%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 9%

The Democratic primaries are slightly less complex, but not much less interesting. 2020 replacement nominee Jeff Merkley clearly leads our early polls, boosted by strong name recognition. The former Oregon senator holds leads in every early primary state, though his strengths vary across them (weaker in the South, stronger in the West and Northeast). However, Merkley’s polls could begin slipping as his opponents have significant material to attack him with (prominent role in Impeachmentgate as policy adviser, loss to Trump in 2020, hasn’t held elected office since January 2021, etc.). Governor Andrew Gillum of Florida was originally seen as the clear #2 in the Democratic primaries, however with the entry of fellow progressive Southern African-American Governor Stacey Abrahms, his path to the nomination has been significantly complicated. Former MLB player Scott Rolen has taken advantage of the three-way progressive split to emerge as the leading candidate of the more centrist wing of the Democrats, despite relative inexperience. However, his candidacy could be crippled by the entry of a more experienced center-left Democrat (eg. New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Montana Senator Steve Bullock, West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin), and in any case the progessive wing is now firmly in command of the party. Lastly, lesser-known Senator Chris Murphy has been behind in polls, but his candidacy has much potential if he can increase his name recognition and usurp Rolen as the preferred establishment candidate.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2018, 08:08:27 AM »

Hawley Debate Answers
1. Do you believe that race relations in Missouri have improved, stayed the same, or gotten worse under your Governorship?
“I believe Race Relations are much better than they were before I was elected. A lot of people have come to me and told me how good of a governor I have been, and that they are honored to support me for President.”

2. Do you trust your Lieutenant Governor to run Missouri while you are campaigning for President?
“Yes I do. Very much”

3. How do you believe we should handle the long-running refugee crisis?
“Well thanks for the question. When I’m president and I’m sitting down and looking at the refugee crisis, with as bad as it is, ya know what I’ll do? I’ll look at it from a logical standpoint. Like, if we continue taking refugees, than anyone will think they’re welcome here. So no. No refugees, without intense screening first. It leads to terrorism and other heinous acts”

4. Name one member of either party, who you would be willing to name as your running mate.
“I think Nikki Haley is the ideal choice. Maybe Joni Ernst. Ya know, it would bring good balance to the ticket. If you want ideological balance, than Mr. Haslam over there is a good choice. Thank you.”
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2018, 09:14:15 AM »

Andrew Gillum Ad#1 Red Tide

this will be aired in New Hampshire statewide and Iowa statewide, but will only appear in the coastal area of Alabama specifically Mobile.

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2018, 10:47:24 AM »

Bill Haslam Interview on Anderson Cooper 360º

September 6th, 2023

Anderson Cooper : "We're honored to have Tennessee Senator Bill Haslam from Washington D.C. He's been Tennessee Senator since 2021, was Governor of Tennessee from 2011-2019,  Mayor of Knoxville from 2003-2011, and now a Presidential Candidate. Welcome, Senator."

Bill Haslam : "I'm honored to be here, Anderson."

Anderson Cooper : "You've just announced your presidential campaign. How's it going so far?"

Bill Haslam : "It's going amazing, Anderson. We've already set up our campaign headquarters in Knoxville, but we've opened offices in Birmingham, Concord, and Des Moines and we're getting an amazing amount of volunteers, individual donations, and astounding excitement. People are sick and tired of the Democratic control of Congress and they want change from Impeachmentgate and all of the democrats' obstruction over the last 6 years. The toxicity from them is really too much to ignore and I think people want some change from that."

Anderson Cooper : "You were Mayor of Knoxville, Governor of Tennessee, and now Senator of Tennessee. How effectively will you use your experience and accomplishments on the campaign trail?"

Bill Haslam : "I think the question is when won't I use my experience? I got a lot done in Knoxville, I got a lot done in Nashville, and I'm getting a lot done in Washington. I will speak about my experience and accomplishments freely and during my rallies and then I will translate how they will become successes for America at large. I have a lot in my past that I can use to help my campaign and I'm going to use it as much as possible."

Anderson Cooper : "You've been seen as somewhat of a rising star within the Republican party, following Impeachmentgate. In fact, currently, you are the 6th most popular Senator in America at this point in time. Why do you think you are so popular?"

Bill Haslam : "To put it simply, I spoke the minds of the people in the aftermath of Impeachmentgate. What the Democrats did was simply unforgivable and I think most Americans agreed with me on that. My reaction to it, by chewing the Democrats in the Senate out for 30 minutes, went viral because I spoke the truth. Schumer and Ryan went out of line and I put them back in their place and reminded them that they weren't the only party within Washington and their voters weren't the only voters in the country. To add on to that, I have worked day and night for what is best for Tennessee and the Nation at large during my tenure in the Senate. From my Tax cuts that was passed in 2021 to the infrastructure plan that was passed a week before I announced my campaign. I'm getting stuff done and I think a lot of people appreciate that."

Anderson Cooper : "So far, you're the only Senator in the Republican Primary. How do you feel?"

Bill Haslam : "Well, I don't want to toot my own horn, but I believe I'm the most experienced to be President in the whole field. I respect all my opponents but all have varying levels of experience. Governor Scott has been Governor for 6 years, Nikki Haley has been out of the National Spotlight for 5 years, Ambassador Huntsman is only well known for being an Ambassador and being smart foreign policy wise, Governor Hawley only has the experience of being a State Attorney General and Governor, Representative Amash has only been a Representative for 12 years and had to constantly deal with re-election every two years rather than serving in Congress, and Mr. Shapiro's only experience is that of an outsider. Now, I'm not bashing any of them. All of them have their own various strengths and various weaknesses and I respect each and every one of them as a person. I just believe that I have stronger experience than any of them. As Mayor, I learned how to deal with problems on the local level. As Governor, I learned how to deal with situations on the State level. And now, as Senator, I'm learning how to deal with situations on the National Level. I think the National progression will be me to become President so I can share my experience and expertise with America domestically and abroad."

Andersoon Cooper : "But this is your first term within the Senate and 2nd year as of 2023 in it as well. How will you be able to safely prove that you have the needed experience to be President from the Senate?"

Bill Haslam : "Good question, Anderson. I know my opponents will use that as an attack and say I'll be just like Obama in every way. However, Obama never had the experience of being Mayor of his birth city and Governor of his state before becoming Senator. I do. I have the needed experience even if I haven't been in the Senate for very long."

Anderson Cooper : "As you know, Vice President Mark Pence is yet to join the Republican Primary. How would you react if he joined the Primary and would you drop out and endorse him."

Bill Haslam : "Well, Vice President Pence is a good friend of mine. I knew him when he was Governor of Indiana and I've gotten to know him very well with me being in the Senate and him being the Vice President. If he runs, it will hurt me, but I will continue my campaign. I'm in this primary to win it and I won't drop out even if a friend is running against me. However, if he wins the majority of States on Super Tuesday, then I will drop out and endorse him because I believe that Super Tuesday is when the party makes it known who they want for the Nominee and I recommend all my opponents do the same to keep the party united. Until then, I'll remain in this race."

Anderson Cooper : "Final question. Senator, what are your views on President Trump and how do you think of the way Governor Scott talked about him on Meet The Press?"

Bill Haslam : "I'm going to be honest with you, in the beginning and in 2016, I wasn't a fan of President Trump. I thought he was a fraud, a faker, and a mistake that we didn't need in the party. You can even look up that I suggested Vice President Pence take over the ticket after the tape scandal in October. However, as time went on, I began to respect him more and more and appreciated him for being our President. A great President in my eyes and the only reason why he's been seen as so horribly is people focus on what he says instead of what he does and his accomplishments. I do believe he should stop tweeting so much and should hold his tongue at times but I think people love him for that exact reason. I'm not the first one to admit this, as Mr. Shapiro would certainly agree with me, but I think President trump will go down as a Great President despite all the obstruction by the Democrats.

As for Governor Scott and what he said about the President, I'm not going to even suggest what he should and shouldn't say, as this is a free country and we can criticize our President at our leisure, but in these difficult times, the President needs the support of the entire party and from every Governor, Senator, and representative in the party. What Governor Scott is doing is trying to pander to his Anti-Trump, Liberal base, a base that is much larger in the Democratic Party. I think his pandering is disgusting and I have only two suggestions for him: either be honest and quit pandering or change your allegiance to the Democratic Party as we don't need anti-trumpers in this difficult time for the party. What Governor Scott is doing will likely cost us the White House and the Economy in November.
"

Anderson Cooper : "Thank you for being on Senator. Honored for you to have been here."

Bill Haslam : "Honored to have been here."
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2018, 11:03:44 AM »

Rolen Campagins on his personality in Kansas City Missouri

I’ve seen on the news recently that I am a insider establishment figure.  Well I have news for them

I am bringing a new kind of Democrat to the table. I fully believe we need to bring bipartisanship to the White House But in a good light.

In congress I have fought against President Trump when it came to his Voodoo economics and his milltary budgets and the way that he has tried to secretly cut Social Security and Medicare.

I fought against the idea against milltary action in Syria and Iran while however I have seen some of my democratic colleagues go ahead and give trump all that milltary power and give Trump those 2 Spureme Court justices.

I think we think we need to put the days of Clinton and Pelosi behind us and make towards a better liberal future.

We need to follow the ideas of like what Sanders and Merkley did in 2020 and make that the main message of the party.

If we don’t wanna risk 4 more years of Republicans in the White House we have to built a bold progressive message like making Healthcare 4 All the law of the land,Fight climate change and the oil companies and bring back Glass Stegall and reform our criminal and justice system.

While At the same time cut most of the massive milltary spending and put it in places like Social Security and funding NASA plans to explore the university.   While at the same time still balancing the budget and not having to raise taxes on working class and middle class people.

That is why our campaign slogan is “A Different Kind Of Democrat” Thank you

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies