2024 Election Game - IC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:18:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game - IC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game - IC  (Read 4385 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2018, 12:45:34 PM »

News, September 1

Tick Tock
In a somewhat surprising move, the Doomsday Clock was moved from 11:58.30 to 11:59, the closest to Doomsday is had been since it’s creation. The operators of the clock provided the following justification for their decision.
“Unlike in the Cold War, no one crisis caused the clock to shift towards midnight. Rather, numerous events since 2016 have contributed to the shift. Firstly, let’s look at American politics. Ever since the election of Donald Trump seven years ago, tensions here have radically increased, most recently manifesting themselves in the Impeachmentgate crisis of 6 months ago. Congress and the President have been at an impasse, with no major legislation having been passed since the bipartisan 2021 Tax Cuts (which only passed by 1 vote). In the event of a global crisis, if this worrying trend continues the world’s greatest power will be crippled by internal dissent and record levels of partisanship. Secondly, let’s look at East Asia. Ever since 2018, the trade war between the United States and China has been escalating slowly. While neither nation has taken action since 2022 on this, threats have been exchanged and the relations between the superpowers have deteiorated significantly. This is an extremely pressing issue especially in the light of renewed tensions in the Korean Peninsula. The Treaty of Singapore in 2019 theoretically ended the Korean War and provided provisions for denuclearization, but earlier this year reports emerged that Kim Jong Un had ordered nuclear testing to resume, and had requested Chinese premier Xi Jinping for nuclear weapons to place at Kaesong. Reasons for this are unclear, though it could either be desire to align with traditional ally China, the admission of South Korea and Japan to NATO (now renamed WTO, World Treaty Organization) in 2021, and/or political pressure from China.  Thirdly, let’s look at Eastern Europe. Ever since 2014, Russia has been slowly encroaching on Ukraine, first annexing Crimea, then most recently the provinces of Luhansk and Donetesk, in 2022, and also engineering unification with Belarus in 2021. To combat this, Ukraine has applied to join WTO. Should Ukraine be accepted, it would significantly increase tension with Russia. The Middle East remains chaotic, though it has been surpassed in importance by crisis elsewhere. Saudi Arabia remains a stedfast ally of the United States despite alleged human rights violations, and the authortarian Iranian regime remains an issue. Bashar-al-Assad’s forces emerged victorious in 2021, meaning that while there isn’t any war in the Middle East for the first time in 10 years, it remains a powder keg due to inevitable conflicts in interest. Combining all these events together, it appears alarmingly likely that a major war could break out sometime in the next 5 years, and that if a war starts it could snowball quickly due to Russia and China’s mutual dislike of the US and WTO. Therefore, we have decided to shift the Doomsday Clock to one minute before midnight.”

Supreme Court deadlock continues
Despite numerous attempts to mediate by both sides, the Supreme Court crisis of the past two years remains unresolved. In the wake of Impeachmentgate and rapidly falling Democratic poll numbers, Chuck Schumer proposed a compromise with President Trump: An undisclosed liberal justice and a moderate-to-conservative justice like Thomas Hardiman be nominated and confirmed, which would restore the court to it’s ideological position in 2017. However, a still angry President Trump turned down his offer, demanding that Coney Barret and Kethledge be confirmed immediately. After another two months of deadlock, President Trump proposed his own compromise: Merrick Garland and an undisclosed conservative justice would be nominated, which would in practice shift the court considerably to the right by replacing Ginsburg with a center-left moderate. Schumer declined the offer. In August, a bipartisan group of senators (Joe Manchin, Mike Beebe, Doug Jones, Lisa Murkowski, Mitt Romney, and Shelley Moore Capito) proposed a compromise: a liberal justice and conservative justice would be nominated and confirmed, maintaining the balance of the court. Trump agreed to this deal, however Schumer came out against it, meaning Trump didn’t nominate the justices for fear of the liberal justice getting confirmed and the conservative justice failing in the heavilly Democratic Senate. Rumor has it that the group of senators are drafting another solution to the crisis, but at least for now it shows no sign of resolving amid a historic divide between President and Congress.

It’s election season? The elections of 2023
While most elections occur in even-numbered years, the odd-number years aren’t entirely devoid of American elections. This November, there are 4 marquee races. Firstly is the Special Election for Iowa Senate, where Rep. Cindy Axne is facing off against Fmr. Senator Joni Ernst to fill the late Tom Vilsack’s seat. Ernst has a modest lead in that race, leading by 4-5 points in the RCP Polling Average. Secondly is the Mississippi Gubernatorial Election. Governor Jim Hood is quite popular in the Magnolia State, but his party registration is dragging him down in a state that is very favorable to Republicans currently. His race against Phillip Gunn is a dead heat. In Louisiana, Governor John Bel Edwards is retiring. The seat is not looking good for Democrats, with their best recruit being Mayor Mitch Landrieu, who is not as well liked as Edwards. The GOP opposition also looks strong, with AG Jeff Landry leading the pack. However, the presence of David Duke could mess things up for Republicans, so most pundits rate this one Likely Republican Pickup. Lastly, Jeanne Hampton is running to succeed Republican Governor Matt Bevin of Kentucky, but faces strong opposition from 2019 candidate Andy Beshear. Hampton is holding a modest lead due to Kentucky’s political lean and Impeachmentgate dragging down Democrats, but Beshear is a good candidate and could very well come back.
Ratings
Iowa Senate: Leans Republican Pickup
Mississippi Gubernatorial: Toss-up
Louisiana Gubernatorial: Likely Republican Pickup
Kentucky Gubernatorial: Leans Republican

On the Campaign Trail: Chaos in the Democratic Primary
Up until this point, Fmr. Senator Jeff Merkley had been seen as the frontrunner for the nomination. But in a shocking announcement, he declined to run for President. Further shaking up the field were Kamala Harris and Kirsten Gillibrand throwing their hats in the ring. Both are very influential in the Senate and ran in 2020 meaning they are powerful contenders. But they could compete with each other, Scott Rolen, and Chris Murphy for votes. While this is bad news for the latter two contenders, it’s a massive boon to Governors Gillum and Abrahms, who are no longer splitting the progressive vote with Merkley. We’ll have a better idea of the situation when polls are released for the September 15 cycle.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2018, 04:53:27 PM »

Note: Sorry for pathetic photoshop, Phil got a tan in....Iowa?Huh   Also. For the Lt. Gov question, the current Lt. Gov is a progressive party member, but I highly doubt it'll be that way in 2023. So I will assume it's some kind of generic democrat or moderate. Also the _____ is for whatever city, since it was never clarified.

• Opening Statement

First I'd like to thank CNN/Fox News/CNBC for hosting this debate and the people of _______ as well, and I'm happy to be here. My name is Phil Scott, and I've had the honor of governing the state of Vermont since 2016, and before that Lieutenant Governor and state senator. But before then and still today I’m a race car driver and avid cyclist. On top of that, in the summertime I can usually be found at Barre’s Thunder Road where I have raced the #14 car since 1992. Also, I have the most career wins as a Late Model driver at the track. And nobody’s beating that record. Now, governing hasn't been easy. Being chief executive of a state of 700,000 has its own unique challenges. And not to mention it's a state as blue as states can be. But I earned the trust of the people of Vermont, and was reelected not once, or twice, but three times. And that's an amazing honor. But there's a reason for that. When I became governor, I inherited a state buried in debt. Democratic tax and spend policies had forced people out of Vermont. And I wasn't going to have it. I said no to tax increases, and I worked with Democrats and Republicans to turn a deficit into a near billion dollar surplus. I turned low bond ratings in AAA bond ratings across the board, the strongest New England economy. We got people to start coming to Vermont, and the population grew. Fiscal responsibility was my first priority, and that hasn't been the first priority of Washington. But Washington hasn't been getting their priorities straight, for well, a long time. They ballooned our deficit to over a trillion dollars, and they created a toxic atmosphere of partisan rancor. We all know how toxic Washington has become. We saw it on display in the chaos and havoc of the impeachment hearings, in the Kavanaugh hearings. Politicians are putting party before patriotism and that's not okay. But outside of Washington, I was getting things done for Vermont. I ended the state deficit, balanced our budgets and protected the natural beauties of Vermont. I stood up for our fiscal conservative values, and most importantly, we treated each other with respect, and integrity. I think these are the values we need most in Washington. Respect, dignity, responsibility, and compassion. I think we can all agree these are sorely missing.

• As a moderate New England Governor, what do you have to offer Republicans, that other candidates cannot?

I can offer my experience of getting things done for Vermonters. Because, there is an alternative to what's going on in Washington. Gridlock, partisanship, and just..... nasty politics. In Montpelier, I got Democrats and Republicans to work together for once. And we got results, boy we got results. We got Vermont to a triple A bond rating, and got the strongest economy in New England. We eliminated our budget deficit, and we never raised taxes. Not a cent, we cut taxes in fact. And I stood up to every attempt to cut taxes on Vermonters. I'm sure there are plenty of good ideas and candidates and ideas up here. But I provide the experience that not many else do. We have plenty of Governors up here, but I turned a really bad situation in Vermont, into the strongest economy in the region. And we ended gridlock, it's possible, and we did it in Vermont. And you know what, we can dang well do it in Washington. But we aren't going to do it with the same people who've been running things since Bush was President. We need fresh ideas and new leadership. We need leaders that don't use fiscal responsibility as a talking point, we need leaders that govern that way. And I have for 7 years.

• Do you trust your Lieutenant Governor to run Vermont while you are running for President?

I do. We might disagree on a good deal of things, but we're not afraid to compromise, we're not afraid to reach across the aisle. I've worked on local transportation issues with the state assembly and the lieutenant governor, on education initiatives, and on combating the opioid epidemic, and together we will able to give our first responders the 100% support they deserve. We reduced overdoses, that's what reaching across the aisle means. So I trust him completely. But don't get me wrong, I am still the Governor of Vermont. I spend every free minute with my family and friends, or attending to my duties as governor. I am still working with local leaders, meeting with Vermont teachers, and doing everyday duties. Running for President is not an abdication from responsibility.

• Did you support the renegotiation of NAFTA?

It's known that I'm a supporter of NAFTA. Vermont has an active trade relationship with Canada, but heh, so does the entire country. I believe that President Trump made the right choice to renegotiate deal, and I support him for doing that. I believe we got a good deal, a deal that modernized NAFTA, preserved the benefits for working for the benefit of American workers. As President, I will always be seeking to improve our existing free trade agreements for the betterment of American workers. And in new agreements, my first priority is always. Jobs, jobs, and jobs. How is the American worker going to be impacted by this deal? And I will have no hesitation to reject a deal that doesn't meet that standard, but if it does help American workers, I would be happy to support it.

• You are a pro-choice Republican. Give primary voters a reason why they should nominate you over pro-life alternatives.

I do not believe this issue is as black and white as some make it out to be. That being said, in the end I am a pro-choice Republican, I'm aware that I am a minority in my party. But there are still many of those who agree with me. I do not believe the government has a role to play in a serious matter between a woman, her family, and her doctor. That being said, I stand firmly opposed to taxpayer funding of abortion, and as President, as will continue to firmly enforce the Hyde Amendment. And I would stop Planned Parenthood from using federal funds for political lobbying.

• Rebuttals

Whoa. (Laughs) Hold your horses. First, Governor Huntsman. The idea that I support open borders, or have ever supported open borders, is a fiction and a fantasy. I have consistently called for a strong border, I would raise pay for our border patrol offices, and make sure we have an effective border security strategy with a strong budget. So, get your facts straight Governor. Now I have called for the end of the cruel practice of family separation. That is unacceptable and un-American. If you have a problem with my saying that Jon, then just say that. Governor Haslam, I'm not Washington congressman, I don't vote in a legislature. Furthermore, I have absolutely no idea where you found the figure that I have voted more in line with Democrats than my own Republican Party.  That is simply not true and once again you should get your facts straight before you make an attempt to rocket yourself to the presidency.

What I do is that a build results, I find Democrats and I find Republicans, and we get results. What we got done, we got a AAA bond rating, we balanced our budgets, and never raised taxes. That's fiscal restraint. Governor, you didn't do that. You raised the property taxes in Knoxville, if I'm elected President, I will never raise taxes for working and middle class Americans. But moving on to the individual mandate, and the 2nd Amendment. You said that I’ve proven to be quite anti-gun. As justification for that bold claim, I assume you were implying my signing of gun control legislation back in 2018. When I first ran for Governor in 2016, the NRA proceeded to assign me an A rating. Today, it is nothing short of B-. If anything, that recent figure in itself displays that I am a moderate. I feel I must elaborate on my signing of gun legislation. Two months before the fateful day new gun control legislation was put into law, police foiled an alleged shooter’s plans to storm a local high school and kill as many as possible. After that, I could no longer sit back and do nothing. I had already made up my mind then. That legislation was never intended to take anybody’s guns away — period.

Now, the Individual mandate, a very interesting topic. Now, I and a majority of the legislature were in agreement that mandating health coverage was necessary to keeping the state’s insurance market relatively stable. It was our commitment to maintaining Vermont’s low uninsured rate. There was concern that the lack of a federal penalty would cause a significant number of people to drop their health insurance, thus increasing costs for those who retained coverage. In fact, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont — the state’s largest insurer — had said a portion of its 2019 rate hike was due to the effects of the federal change. Let’s just get this out of the way, not many people were thrilled about enacting a mandate. But what most people unders was, when you talk about the requirement under the Affordable Care Act to cover pre-existing conditions, you can’t have one without the other. It was acknowledged that there’s a debate about whether the Affordable Care Act should be repealed at the federal level. But the bottom line is, what we had then was what we had.

Both you and Governor Huntsman have claimed that I am not a Republican, but a liberal. You’ve effectively just stated that New England Republicans are liberals. Such a claim is either ignorance or blatant lies at its finest. Additionally, you’ve questioned why I am even running under the Grand Old Party. Once again, this rhetoric by the two of you is exactly that, rhetoric and prepared zingers. Within the course of my life, I’ve been a Republican and always will be one at heart. With that said, the party needs change and a new face, I’m running to be that person.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2018, 06:29:42 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2018, 09:49:43 PM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott on State of the Union

Jake Tapper: We now are going live to Montpelier, where Vermont Governor and presidential candidate Phil Scott has just returned to from New Hampshire.

Phil Scott: Hello Jake, happy to be on.

Jake Tapper: You're coming from Nashua correct?

Phil Scott: Oh yeah, we held a pretty big rally. There was a really large and enthusiastic group of people there, you know the people there really inspire. Because if you go out to places like Nashua, you'll find really great people. Most of them are Republicans, but plenty of independents, and some Democrats even. Because out here in America, people can move beyond party differences, it's my hope that we can get Washington to do the same thing. I had the pleasure of going on Access Nashua to do an interview there, and we just walked through the streets, going restaurant to restaurant, business to business. The best part of any political campaign is meeting people.

Jake Tapper: What kind of topics did you speak about?

Phil Scott: A variety of topics Jake. I talked about stories from my time as Governor, even some stuff from the racetrack. I talked about how we balanced our budget without raising taxes. I talked about how we were able to fund our schools, and pay our teachers. But Jake, we also talked about the big thing missing in Washington. Respect. If people in Portsmouth and Nashua can treat each other with respect regardless of party, why can't people in Washington. If we had more respect, and less politics in Washington, we could get a lot more done.

Jake Tapper: Now, Senator Haslam, your opponent has gone after you lately on CNN. He said, I quote " What Governor Scott is doing is trying to pander to his Anti-Trump, Liberal base, a base that is much larger in the Democratic Party. I think his pandering is disgusting and I have only two suggestions for him: either be honest and quit pandering or change your allegiance to the Democratic Party as we don't need anti-trumpers in this difficult time for the party. What Governor Scott is doing will likely cost us the White House and the Economy in November." What do you have to say to that?

Phil Scott: (Laughs) Well, I just find that funny. Cause he said he wasn't gonna suggest to me what to say, before in no uncertain terms, telling me to get in line. Well I say, I'm not getting in line Senator. This isn't the party of Donald Trump, this isn't the party of Bill Haslam. And heck, this isn't the party of Phil Scott either. This is the party of a diverse group of Americans across this great country with varying opinions about the President. It's my view that we've had a vacuum of moral leadership in this country. I don't think Donald Trump provides a good example to our children. His comments about women are revolting, and his attitude towards the press, immigrants, and fellow Republicans has been extremely disrespectful. I think we need to move on as a party and as a nation. Now, I think that we've gotten a lot of good stuff done these past 8 years, NAFTA renegotiation, I approve of the individual tax cuts in the Tax Bill, though I sure as sure want them to be made permanent. But things have also gotten worse in many many respects. Partisanship, good lord, it gets worse every day. The impeachment, as all Republicans, most independents, and some Democrats agree, was a partisan sham and a disgrace. But we all know that Senator Mitch McConnell drew up his healthcare bills in the dead of night and tried to rail it to the desk of the President. And I think many Americans agree with me on this. We need to move forward.

Jake Tapper: Your opponents in the recent debate accused you of being too liberal for the Republican Party, do you think your views are consistent with the majority of the Republican party?

Phil Scott: I do Jake. But Senator Haslam and even Governor Huntsman have spent a good deal of their campaign attacking me. I've been talking to voters, I've been doing calls, I've been knocking on doors. I'm not talking about Senator Haslam and Governor Huntsman, because this election isn't about them, or me, or any other individual. This election is about the people of this country, and about the future we want. I think Republicans from Vermont to Nebraska agree with me and would approve of my record. Which is I talk about how I balanced the budget without raising taxes, about how we bridged the partisan divide. I don't think Americans want to hear attack ads, we've had 8 years of that. We need solutions and leadership, and I'm hoping to be that leader.

Jake Tapper: Thank you Governor.

Phil Scott: Anytime Jake.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2018, 10:57:31 PM »

Democratic Primary Poll

National Polls - Democrats
Undecided 26%
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) 18%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 16%
Kamala Harris (D-CA) 13%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 11%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 10%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 6%

Iowa Polls - Democrats
Undecided 26%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 17%
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) 16%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 14%
Kamala Harris (D-CA) 11%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 11%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 5%

Oklahoma Polls - Democrats
Undecided 26%
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) 21%
Kamala Harris (D-CA) 16%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 13%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 12%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 6%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 6%

New Hampshire Polls - Democrats
Undecided 26%
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) 20%
Kamala Harris (D-CA) 15%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 13%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 10%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 8%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 8%

South Carolina Polls - Democrats
Undecided 26%
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) 19%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 14%
Kamala Harris (D-CA) 14%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 12%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 11%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 4%

Nevada Polls - Democrats
Undecided 26%
Kamala Harris (D-CA) 23%
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) 18%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 11%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 10%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 6%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 6%

Alabama Polls - Democrats
Undecided 26%
Andrew Gillum (D-FL) 19%
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) 17%
Kamala Harris (D-CA) 12%
Stacey Abrams (D-GA) 12%
Scott Rolen (D-MO) 10%
Chris Murphy (D-CT) 4%

pops
katman46

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: 4.00

P P P
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2018, 12:36:12 AM »

Jon Huntsman on The Blaze Radio with Glenn Beck
BECK: I'm here today with Presidential candidate Jon Huntsman. Jon, great to have you on.
HUNTSMAN: Thanks, great to be here
BECK: So I want to start by asking you: what's your pitch? Why are you running?
HUNTSMAN: Donald Trump has done a great job as President, but not everyone could support someone like him. I'm running to bridge the divide that's formed in the Republican party - the supporters of Trump and the old guard. I worked for the Trump administration, and I possibly had the most important job in the administration. I want to make sure that everyone can be represented. That's my goal.
BECK: Who are the current top picks for your running mate?
HUNTSMAN: I haven't decided yet. I would pick an outsider for sure - someone like Ben Shapiro, yourself, or some businessman.
BECK: Sign me up! *laughs* You've said that you're open to running an independent campaign if the nominee is not someone you can get behind. So, I want names: who would you run an independent campaign against?
HUNTSMAN: I'll be very blunt about this. Governor Scott and Governor Baker, if he chooses to run, do not align with much of the country. They won't be satisfied with either of their candidacies, and I won't blame them. I wouldn't be satisfied either.
BECK: It's been great to have you on Jon. Up next, we've got Austin Petersen back in the studio. Stay tuned.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2018, 11:18:03 AM »

Larry Sharpe Launches Campaign For President
Buffalo, New York

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Campaign Headquarters

National:
  • Buffalo, NY

New Hampshire:
  • Concord, NH

Vermont:
  • Burlington, VT

Utah:
  • Salt Lake City,UT

Virginia:
  • Arlington,VA
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2018, 03:05:45 PM »

Larry Sharpe Endorsments
'

Matt Waters (L-VA)
Student Director of Young Americans For Liberty and Former Virginia Senate Candidate

Matt Waters will be trying to unite the Libertarian Party around Larry Sharpe. With uniting the party, Waters is trying to stop any more Libertarian candidates from joining the race so Larry Sharpe will have a united party which will make getting into the debates much easier than when part of the party won't support you. Waters mainly stays in Virginia and Washington D.C. area. Water goes to D.C. since he will be starting the second Sharpe headquarters in the Libertarian party headquarters and then he is touring Virginia because Sharpe believes that is crucial to his campaign since it has a large Libertarian voting base.

Travis Irvine (L-OH)
Former Ohio Governors Candidate

Travis Irvine, unlike Matt Waters, is focused on building a Sharpe general election base. Irvine would travel the country especially Libertarian heavy areas. Irvine would build Sharpe's military record and talk about the need to end useless wars and the need to cut military spending. Irvine would spread that message in states like Vermont which has a more liberal-libertarian base but in states like Utah and Virginia, Irvine stuck to a message of cutting taxes and cutting spending so we can cut the deficit.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2018, 06:40:05 AM »

Hawley for America campaign schedule

September 1st- Campaign kickoff in Jefferson City, Missouri.
September 2nd- Fly to Iowa, have dinner at local restaurant in Des Moines
September 3rd- Host a town Hall in Des Moines, then do meet and greets with voters, and talk to church leaders
“Hello! Thank you all for being here. Ya know, Jesus is the most important aspect of my life. It’s God
first, and it always will be. The democrats have been trying to infringe on our religious freedom for years! That’s one reason why I am running, to tell the democrats that they will not take away our beliefs! We are one nation under one Almighty God and they want to deny God? But not just the democrats, no it’s also some republicans too. Phil Scott supports abortion, saying it’s okay to do that. Is he even really a Republican? We at the Hawley campaign believe that this is a sin. Thank you, and God Bless”
September 4th-7th- meet and greet with voters around the state of Iowa.
September 8th- fly to Oklahoma, give speech about the refugee crisis. 
“Ladies and gentlemen. Thank you all for coming! One of the longest ongoing crises is the Refugee crisis, which is such a shame. When I’m president we will hold intense screening processes to see who should be allowed here. We can’t keep taking refugees!”
September 9th-10th- Have dinner with voters in Oklohoma, meet with church leaders and farmers.
September 11th- Attend 9/11 Memorial, meet with some of the families of the victims.
September 12th-15th- Fly to South Carolina, meet with church leaders, farmers, business owners, and NRA members. Have meet and greets and town halls with voters
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2018, 07:24:27 AM »

Bill Haslam Campaign Schedule (September 1st-September 15th, 2023)

September 1st-6th

- Senator Haslam campaigns throughout most of Alabama, going down to the town level and meeting with voters across the state. He campaigns on Economic growth, stronger foreign policy, and his moderate credientials

- Appear on Anderson Cooper 360º on September 6th

September 7th-9th

- Senate Duties in Washington D.C.

September 10th-14th

- Haslam campaigns in Iowa, campaigning on the county level and meeting with voters. He campaigns on Agriculture, Foreign Policy, religious freedom, and his support of President Trump. He also builds several headquarters in Des Moines, Black Hawk, and Cedar Rapids and begins a ground level grassroots volunteer movement to garner support

September 15th

- Haslam begins campaigning in New Hampshire, meeting with voters in Coos and Grafton counties and going down to the towns and villages within those two counties, meeting and talking with the average citizen and understanding what their struggle is. He also meets with several local elected officials to discuss how they can better their town/city for the future.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2018, 08:19:59 AM »

What Rolen did part 1

Rolen campagined in Iowa and Missouri with Jason Kander on Medicare for all and gun reform and foreign policy in which he took a mostly dove approach to it.

x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2018, 03:53:27 PM »

SHAPIRO 2024: Fighting for America!
Candidacy Announcement
Los Angeles, CA

"Today is dedicated for a momentous occasion. As you all know the United States has been in political turmoil for the past few years ever since unhinged and reckless Democrats took power during the elections that have taken place. You all know me as the same person who stood up to them with full force once they began seeking power in the most desperate of ways. The most notable of their actions is to impeach the President. However, it was never on the basis of actual collusion or Mueller's investigation as they so desperately desired. Instead they sought out to obtain more power by impeaching him to pack the courts with liberal judges instead of those who were constitutionalists. The Democrats in the past few years have betrayed public trust in more ways than one and I believe its about time we elect a President who will keep them in check. A President who will respect the constitution, and a President who will fight against the corrupted Chuck Schumer and Tim Ryan!"

"But above all we need a President who will create responsible and conservative policy for the economy. The fact is that the Democrats and their increasing move towards radical policies have always escalated and thankfully they were stopped right in their tracks after their move to overthrow Trump's veto over their single payer healthcare bill failed. We need a President who will be strong on economic policy and in order for that we need proper conservative policy like an across the board tax cut, a huge cut of damaging regulations that hinder the economy, and further expansion of free trade wherever possible for competitive opportunities!"

"Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Ben Shapiro and I am running for President of the United States!"
x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »

Ben Shapiro's Debate Answers

1. You are not a politician. After eight years of Trump, is another non-politician what America needs as President?

"While it is true that I never held elected office I personally believe that you don't have to have been elected to understand and realize the current situation that present day America faces. There is a reason as to why you see my strong polling numbers among Republicans and that's because they know that while I am an outsider that I am someone who has experience and has studied topics that are very important to Americans such as the economy and healthcare. In fact these are topics that I have thoroughly debated with democrats and progressives for YEARS while making the case for conservatism. But I am also someone with a real message for the American populous of defending the constitution against corrupt politicians, a strong private healthcare system, and tax cuts to strengthen our economy. Republicans want a President who will be strong against Democratic corruption and a defender of constitutionalism and that's exactly what you can expect from a Shapiro administration."

2. Do you believe the mainstream media is fake news?

"I believe in many ways the mainstream media leans for the Democrats. There have been many times in which the media has shown its biases in favor of the democratic party. How do I know this? Well because I am someone who certainly has a lengthy experience with the media being a public political figure and being the editor in chief of Daily Wire. Do I believe the mainstream media is entirely fake news? Not if we are talking about the entirety of them. Do many mainstream media outlets favor democrats as oppose to Republicans? Absolutely."

3. Do you believe President Trump is innocent of any allegation of wrongdoing in regards to Russia?
"I certainly believe that as the days go by that the likelihood for collusion with Russia has drastically gone down. We have barely seen any evidence or really any final conclusion from the Mueller team on this important topic when Trump's term is almost coming to an end. With all of that being considered I would say the likelihood of his campaigning colluding with the Russians has certainly gone down as the years have went by."

4. Would you support war with Iran?

"When it comes to Iran I do find it to be of great importance that as President that we avoid massive wars that prove to be ineffective and wasteful. War should always be the last resort and I would like to believe that this sentiment is certainly a sentiment that many Americans commonly agree with. It would be highly irresponsible of me to make a justification for either option as this is something we should wait for in terms of developments. Of course I hope it never comes to that and with a need for a strong economy in America I don't believe initiating war would be productive on the economic front either."
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2018, 06:00:07 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2018, 06:07:22 PM by terp40hitch »

Larry Sharpe's Campaign Scheadule For September 1st to 15th

September 1st to 2nd: New York

September 1st:
Buffalo, NY: Meet with Potential Campaign Staffers
Buffalo, NY: Work with Communications Director on Announcement Speech

September 2nd:
Buffalo, NY: Launch Campaign and Open Sharpe For President Headquarters
Lockport, NY: Speech to Young Americans for Liberty Club
Rochester, NY: Meet and Greet with Rochester Republican Club

September 3rd: Vermont

September 3rd:
Burlington, VT: Open Sharpe For President Field Office

September 4th to 7th: Alaska

September 4th:
Fairbanks, AK: Fundraiser with Local Libertarian Party
Tok, AK: Speech to Pro-Constitution Group

September 5th:
Nome, AK: Speech on Second Amendment Freedom to Local NRA Group
Nome, AK: Go to Local Bird Club with some supporters
Nome, AK: Meet with Mayor to Urge Pro-Second Amendment Legislation

September 6th:
Juneau, AK: Fundraiser with Libertarian Party
Juneau, AK: Speech to Libertarians at Alaska Libertarian Party Headquarters

September 7th:
Kodak, AK: Rally at Local Gun Range

September 8th: Virginia

September 8th:
Arlington, VA: Matt Waters Endorses Larry Sharpe For President

Lexington, VA: Fundraiser with Matt Waters

September 9th to 11th: New York

September 9th:
Buffalo, NY: Meet with Potential Vice-Presidential Candidates and Endorsments
      Meeting Included:
  • Former Governor Gary Johnson
  • Former Governor Bill Weld
  • Austin Petersen
  • Libertarian Chairmen Nicholas Sarwark
  • Matt Waters
  • Commisner of Public Lands Aubery Dunn

September 10th:
New York City, NY: Rally Outside Mayor's Office protesting high taxes
Brooklyn, NY: Meet with People Living on Streets

September 11th:
New York City, NY: Attend 9/11 Memorial Sevrice

September 12th: Mississippi
Jackson, MS: Larry Sharpe Endorses Danny Bedwell in Mississippi Governor's Race

Canton, MS: Rally for Danny Bedwell
Vicksburg, MS: Meet and Greet with Local Libertarian Supporters
Jackson, MS: Fundraiser with Mississippi Libertarian Party for Sharpe and Bedwell

September 13th to 14th: New Hampshire

September 13th:
Concord, NH: Endorsment Rally with Travis Irvine

Manchester, NH: Meet and Greet with Local Officials to Discuss Marijuana Reform

September 14th:
Dixville Notch, NH: Meet and Greet with First in the Nation Voters

September 15th: New York
Rochester, NY: Rally with Larry Sharpe, Matt Waters, and Travis Irvine
Rochester, NY: Mass Fundraiser with New York Libertarian Party
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2018, 06:29:37 PM »

Chris Murphy Announcement Speech-Hartford, Connecticut

"Hello, Hartford, it's good to be back!

For the last eight years, our nation has struggled under the Trump administration. Citizens that should be protected are no longer protected. We have lost our leadership position in the world. The people are no longer listened to. Trump's America is not the America we know and love. Well, we can fix that together! It's time for a new voice and a new leader to run our country. A leader willing to stand up for progressive views and values across the nation. I will be that leader which is why I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States! Join me, work with me, and together, we can protect those who need protection, we can regain our leadership position, and we can make sure the people across this nation are heard once again!"
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2018, 06:46:01 PM »

Republican Debate One-Results

National

Haslam 29%
Scott 25%
Amash 23%
Shapiro 14%
Haley 6%
Huntsman 4%
Hawley 3%
Tie 2%

Iowa

Haslam 28%
Shapiro 20%
Amash 14%
Scott 12%
Hawley 9%
Haley 7%
Huntsman 7%
Tie 3%

Oklahoma

Shapiro 24%
Haslam 24%
Scott 19%
Amash 13%
Haley 8%
Hawley 5%
Huntsman 5%
Tie 2%

New Hampshire

Scott 26%
Haslam 23%
Amash 17%
Shapiro 12%
Huntsman 11%
Hawley 6%
Haley 3%
Tie 2%

South Carolina

Haslam 28%
Scott 20%
Amash 15%
Shapiro 15%
Haley 6%
Huntsman 6%
Hawley 4%
Tie 6%

Nevada

Amash 27%
Shapiro 25%
Haslam 14%
Scott 14%
Huntsman 5%
Haley 5%
Hawley 5%
Tie 5%

Alabama

Haslam 30%
Shapiro 20%
Scott 19%
Amash 15%
Haley 7%
Huntsman 4%
Hawley 3%
Tie 2%
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2018, 06:50:57 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT
With Debate results posted, the turn can end as soon as everyone posts their schedules. Waiting on the following people:

Democrats
Kirsten Gillibrand
Kamala Harris
Scott Rolen (unless you just campaign in Missouri and Iowa, but still say how you distribute your time)
Chris Murphy

Republicans
Justin Amash
Ben Shapiro
Nikki Haley

Thank you for participating. Polls for the next turn will be released soon.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2018, 07:28:24 PM »

Chris Murphy Campaign Schedule-September 1 to September 15

September 1: Sets up campaign headquarters in Hartford, Connecticut, and hires major campaign staff (campaign manager, communications director, finance director)

September 2: Rallies in Hartford and New Haven with Governor Lamont and Senator Blumenthal

September 3-4: Barnstorming and townhall meetings in New Hampshire. A campaign office in Concord is opened

September 4-6: Barnstorming and fundraising in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts

September 7-8: Rallies and fundraising in Las Vegas and Reno, Nevada. A campaign office in Las Vegas is opened

September 9-10: Barnstorming in Iowa

September 10: Rally in Des Moines, followed by a meeting with local leaders

September 11: No campaigning in commemoration of 9/11

September 12-14: Barnstorming in Iowa and Illinois

September 15: Townhall meetings in Concord and Nashua, New Hampshire
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2018, 08:26:07 PM »

Congressman Scott Rolen for President 2020

September 1st:Campaign In Independence Missiouri on foreign policy and gun form

September 2nd:Campaign In Kansas City Missiouri on tax planand campaign finance reform

September 3rd and 4th:Fundraiser In St Louis and speech on dealing with China and Russia

September 5th and 6th:In Kansas City speak on reducing aid to Saudi Arabia and calling them “violators of human rights”

September 7th though 9:Campaign In High Ridge and Springfield Missouri on Medicare for all and healthcare plan.

September 10th:Campaign In Springfield Missouri on Bipartisanship

September 11th:Break to honor the victims of the 9/11 attacks

September 12-14:Campaign Now In Kentucky on Universal Healthcare and how to pay for it.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2018, 05:46:21 PM »

Trouble in Vermont? LG Zuckerman accused of misusing government funds
In a surprising turn for Vermont, Lieutendant Governor Dave Zuckerman was indicted by the FBI for misusing government funds to finance his 2024 gubernatorial bid (to succeed term-limited Phil Scott (R), who is running for President). In a report which content has not been fully released, the investigation found that Zuckerburg had channelled money on multiple occasions, starting in 2022, when there was some speculation he would challenge Scott for governor, but ultimately declined.
Zuckerman has denied the charges, calling them ‘politically-motivated indictments by the Trump administration’. While Democratic officials have been mostly quiet on this, Republican officials have called for Zuckerman to step down. President Trump weighted in on Twitter:
Trump tweet: “Creepy Dave Zuckerman used taxpayer money to fund Governor bid! FBI officials also found large stashes of weed in his office. Democrats think this is okay. Creepy Dave must resign now!  #4moreyears #Republicans2024”
We have been unable to verify Trump’s claim of hidden weed in Zuckerman’s office, however, these allegations are certainly damaging. While Zuckerman’s 2024 plans are clearly scuppled, the impact on Governor Phil Scott’s presidential bid is less certain. Half of Republican voters believe Trump’s weed claims, and since this alledgedly occured under Scott’s nose it certainly won’t help him. A disappointing development given Scott’s strong performance in the debate this week.

Amash recieves high-profile praise for debate performance
Despite being a little-known representative from Michigan, Justin Amash had a strong debate performance, breaking out from relative obscurity. And Republican giants took notice. Vice President Pence, who is reportedly leaning against a presidential run, praised Amash on Twitter, for a “strong performance”, going as far to say that “Amash, along with Bill Haslam, were the winners of the debate”. Amash also earned recognition from Senate candidate Joni Ernst in Iowa, and on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show. Ernst, who came close to endorsing him at a Des Moines rally, which will surely provide a much-needed boost in the first state to hold primaries. Fox News, as the preferred conservative news channel, also holds clout for Republican primary voters.

Senate ‘Gang of Six’ proposes second solution to Supreme Court crisis
In a floor speech today, Senator Doug Jones (D-AL) proposed a second solution to the Supreme Court crisis, which was drafted by the moderate-leaning ‘Gang of Six’ consisting of Jones, Joe Manchin, Mike Beebe, Lisa Murkowski, Mitt Romney, and Shelley Moore Capito. The solution would entail nominating Merrick Garland and Thomas Hardiman to the high court, both of whom were more moderate-leaning than some other proposed appointees. Jones emphasized that with Justice Breyer reportedly considering retirement, the importance of filling the vacancies and that the moderate plan would maintain the current court balance, but with two moderate judges there would be more flexibility on the court.
Initial reactions to the plan from the general public have been enthusiastic, as Americans wish to see the issue resolved (57% approve of the plan, according to a Gallup poll, and 82% of Independents approve). However, the more liberal and conservative wings of the Democrats and the Republicans, respectively, have reservations about the plan. Conservative Republicans want two conservative justices, while liberal Democrats want two liberal justices, and neither of these groups is very interested in compromise. Majority Leader Schumer, Minority Leader Thune, and President Trump have yet to publically react to the proposal, though sources close to Trump say that the President is lukewarm about the plan, fearing that Hardiman would be a liberal ‘stealth justice’. Reports also indicate that Schumer wants to wait until 2024, when 2 liberal justices could be confirmed with the assistance of a Democratic president, but it is unclear if he is willing to risk public backlash to continue delaying the process.

New Polls for 2023 Elections
With November slowly approaching, campaigning for the 2023 off-year elections has intensified, particularly in Iowa. Some new polls have been released. A NYT/Siena poll showed Joni Ernst leading 50%-44%, a solid result for the former Senator. However, a Monmouth poll released days later showed Ernst with a lead of 1 (46%-45%). Mississippi also got polled, with Gravis Marketing showing Phillip Gunn leading 49% to 43%, but a DCCC poll showed Hood with a 1 point lead. Neither of these pollsters are particularly known for accuracy, but the race is looking slightly more favorable to Gunn than two weeks ago. NYT/Siena also polled Kentucky, showing a tie between Beshear and Hampton, a very good result for Democrats. Of course, it’s just one poll. Lastly, Mitch Landrieu is in a dreadful position to succeed John Bel Edwards. 4 polls of varying repute show Landry at or near the 50% threshold, and Landry with a solid advantage in the runoff. Pundits have generally concurred that Kentucky’s race is now a tossup, while Louisiana’s is Solid Republican Pickup.

Draft Kirsten for Senate? Bad sign for Gillibrand in New York
In an interesting turn of events, 7,500 New York Democrats signed a petition for Presidential candidate Kirsten Gillibrand to drop out and return to the Senate. Their website, DraftKirstenSenate.com, states that Gillibrand’s exit complicates the Democrats’ path to holding the seat due to Fmr. Rep. Elise Stefanik (who lost narrowly in the state’s 2022 Gubernatorial election) entering the race and the possibility that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, New York’s moderately unpopular governor, may enter the race and lose the seat. The group has pledged to vote for one of Gillibrand’s opponents in the New York primary if she fails to comply, most likely Kamala Harris or Andrew Gillum. While this group may not have a significant impact on the result, they could give delegates to Gillibrand’s opponents and dampen the home-state boost she would get on the last primary date before the convention.

On the Campaign Trail: Crisscrossing the Nation
With about a year until the general election and 4 months until the Iowa caucus, candidates from both parties have begun campaigning in earnest. Let’s take a look at where they’ve been going.

Jon Huntsman (R-UT)
Mr. Huntsman, a former Utah governor, ran before in 2012, where he faltered after failing to win New Hampshire. This time around, he has put much emphasis on the state, spending the majority of his time there while also campaigning a bit in Utah and Nevada. While New Hampshire is a good state for him to focus on, he must compete with Phil Scott there, who has a neighboring state advantage. It appears at this juncture that New Hampshire will eliminate either Huntsman or Scott.

Phil Scott (R-VT)
As mentioned earlier, Scott has been putting emphasis on New Hampshire, spending much of his time there and in neighboring Vermont. However, he also spent time doing set-up operations and appearing on Meet the Press. New Hampshire looks by far Scott’s most important, even more so than Huntsman (who at least has Nevada to fall back on), so expect him to focus on there. Also look for Scott to begin gaining momentum. His good 2 weeks was spoiled by the Zuckerman news, but if he can dodge that and keep up the pace/debate performances, his polls will tick up and up.

Bill Haslam (R-TN)
The junior Senator and former Governor of Tennessee had a good 2 weeks in media coverage, mostly due to a solid debate performance. In terms of campaigning, his focus was on Iowa, a state that would be a major win for him, and Alabama, a state where he holds a narrow lead over Shapiro and is tied with Pence (last turn’s polls). Haslam is overall in a much better position than Huntsman and Scott, and has a real chance to become the frontrunner by 2019.

Josh Hawley (R-MO)
Governor Hawley didn’t perform extremely well at the debate, but still is in the fight due to strong polling in Iowa. It thus made sense that he would campaign in Iowa, while he also had events in Oklahoma and South Carolina. While Hawley is nowhere near out in the latter two states, he lags the frontrunners significantly, meaning his campaigning there may not have been worth it. When polls for this week appear, we will have a better idea of this.

Stacey Abrams (D-GA)
Overshadowed by fellow African-American progressive governor Andrew Gillum, Abrams is looking to burst out of the shadows at next week’s debate. Until then, however, she has campaigned mostly in Oklahoma and Iowa, states where she has a reasonable chance of overtaking the leaders. Her chances hinge on being able to swing undecided and Gillum voters to her at the debate.

Andrew Gillum (D-FL)
The slightly better-known African-American progressive governor is firmly in second place at press time, trailing Gillibrand by 2 points in nationwide polling. Gillum focused on Iowa, conducting a bus tour in the early days of the month, but also campaigned in Southern states like Oklahoma and Alabama (both of which where he leads). He also threw in time to New Hampshire, where he is more of a longshot (9 points behind Gillibrand and 4 behind Harris).
Scott Rolen (D-MO)
Rolen’s campaign schedule was...unconventional. Instead of focusing on the early primary states, he barnstormed Missouri and Kentucky. It is unclear why he is doing this, possible reasons include that he is trying to secure a base or trying to get an edge before other candidates arrive in force there. Nonetheless, he will likely lose some ground in early primary states, and will need to perform well in next week’s debate the make it up.

Chris Murphy (D-CT)
Murphy put most of his effort into Iowa and New Hampshire, two states where he could use a solid performance. He also put resources into Nevada, where he had 6% of the vote in the latest poll. Murphy is fairly unknown, so this strategy could certainly help his numbers in critical states. The debate will also help his name recognition - if he does well.

Polls will be posted when the last schedules are posted.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2018, 05:51:58 PM »

Btw the turn is NOT over. I released the news as it isn't sensitive to what people do for the remainder of the turn. The turn closes tonight at 12:00 AM CST
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2018, 06:06:31 PM »

Phil Scott Addresses the Incident

Good morning everyone, I'm sure you all know why I'm out here today, and I'm cut right to the chase. Lieutenant Governor Zuckerman has been implicated and indicted in ethics and campaign finance violations in his gubernatorial campaign. My first reaction at the time was fury at such an undermining of trust, not just with me, but with the people of Vermont. It is my duty as Governor to provide for a transparent, honest government, and to fulfill that promise and duty, I will no longer be working with the Lieutenant Governor, and I am calling upon the State Legislature and law enforcement to continue with due process. And for the State Legislature to immediately impeach Lieutenant Governor Zuckerman and consider removal from office. I was not supporting his bid for Governor, but if he does continue to run, I call upon the people of Vermont to soundly reject him Lieutenant Governor Zuckerman. My office will conduct it's own investigation against the Lieutenant Governor, and we reiterate our promise for a transparent government and to hopefully work with the FBI to further expose his crimes, and for an honest administration. The promise of transparency is not taken lightly by this administration, and we will work tirelessly to keep that promise. I'd like to thank the President and the FBI for working to achieve this indictment. Thank you.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2018, 10:49:38 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT
With 1 hour until the deadline for Turn 1, I will begin Turn 2. It will last until next Wednesday at 12:00 AM CST. The Democratic party will have debates this turn. I will continue to accept candidate schedules for Turn 1 until Friday at 12:00 PM CST.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2018, 10:17:18 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2018, 11:12:37 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

Bill Haslam Campaign Schedule (September 16th-September 30th, 2023)

September 16th-19th

- Haslam campaigns across the rest of New Hampshire, focusing on Sullivan, Chesire, and Merrimack Counties. There, he focuses on Infrastructure, Foreign Policy, and Energy policy as well as his moderate stances and an end to Court Interference. He focuses on the village and town level of each county, meeting with the citizens of each county and discussing what is important in their life and what they need to help them.

September 20th-22nd

- Senatorial Duties in Washington D.C.

- On September 21st, Senator Haslam introduces a proposed 28th Amendment to fix the Court Issue for good:

"As everyone in this court body knows, especially Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Two Court Justice Seats have been held open for several years and a third might open up in a few months or so and I want to say that this is getting completely insane. 3 seats being held open until November is not what the American people want. That's why I'm proposing, with the help of Senators Bill Nelson, Joe Donnelly, and Mike Lee, that a new amendment be placed in the Constitution to put this issue to rest once and for all. Ladies and Gentlemen of the United States Senate, the proposed 28th Amendment:

The Supreme Court of the United States shall remain with 9 Justices, and shall never exceed 9 Justices ever. To ensure a quick and speedy process, the President shall no longer choose the replacement to the Supreme Court and instead the Justice who is retiring will choose their replacement. Following their choice, The United States Senate will have a one week hearing and then the House will hold a one week hearing before holding a vote to either confirm or deny the replacements. Refusal of the Congressional leaders to do so shall enact immediate constitutional penalties and will result in their removal from the Congress of the United States immediately. Furthermore, in order to prevent lifetime Justices and Justice Deaths while sitting on the court, there will be an Age Limit of 70 for future Justices, though any Justice on the Supreme Court already above that age at the passage of this amendment may or may not stay ont eh Court for however long they like.

It's time we end the Politicization of the Supreme Court and put this issue to rest for good. The United States Senate, I request that you take a week or two to look on this proposed amendment and then hold a vote on it. Thank you.
"

September 23rd-29th

- Haslam goes to Iowa for the following six days. He goes to Polk, Linn, Scott, Buchannan, Fayette, and Carroll Counties, focusing on one county per day. He focuses on the issues, bringing up his experience as Governor and how the Democratic President Obama praised him, stating "How will the Democrats be able to argue against my policies when President Obama said I was doing well and knew what I was doing? They can't and they know it." as he also focuses on his Education, Foreign Policy, Energy, and Economics stances and ideas as well as going down to the city, town, and village level of every County that he is in to meet with the inhabitants of the towns, villages, and cities and to hear from themselves what is important to them and how he can help them if he becomes President. He also meets with local leaders and discuss how to fix the issues they are having. He then starts a grassroots network of supporters and volunteers to spread his message across the state.

- Haslam ends his Campaign in Iowa by holding a speech on Agriculture and Energy in Manning, Carroll County:

"Agriculture is one of the most important issues in Iowa due to how many farmers and how much farmland there is. It is the main thing you focus on because it's what your state's economy depends on the most. Another issue facing our nation as a whole is a looming Energy crisis. Oil is becoming harder and harder to find and sooner or later, the wells will dry up and Gas will be non existent. Energy will be non existent. You may be saying "But Bill, Electric Cars are being produced quickly and could overtake Gas Cars in the next Decade or so." and I completely agree with you on there but the problem is, Oil might dry up within the next 3-6 years or so, so we need a suitable replacement quickly. That's why I suggest we put our efforts into Hybrid cars the use both Gas and Ethanol as fuel. Ethanol is more effective than Gas and is cleaner for the environment to be used. I was one of the first governments to implement the use of Ethanol and it worked quite well for my state. The only issue we would need to fix will be an issue between Fuel and Food and I believe, we encourage Farmers to produce 25-35% of all their crop for Ethanol purposes and the rest for Food, the Issue can be solved relatively quickly.

This idea can help everyone as will allow Farmers to be helpful for everyone and for them to receive help in times when they can't help themselves because we would need to depend on them to get from place to place. This idea will be beneficiary to the ordinary citizen as well, as the Government will make Hybrid Cars cheap enough to be affordable to the Average American citizen so we can slowly phase out gas guzzlers and introduce us to cleaner and newer alternatives. So, why not we allow this to happen? Thank you and Goodnight! I hope to see all of you once Again in another visit of mine!
"

September 30th

- Haslam Goes to Oklahoma, arriving in Wagoner County, where he focuses on Agriculture, Economics, and Education as well as Foreign Policy and his proposed 28th Constitutional Amendment. He also goes down to the Towns and Communities of the county to meet with the inhabitants of them and talk about what is important to them and how he could help them as President. He also meets with local leaders to discuss how to help them with the issues they are currently facing. He finishes up with a quick fundraiser in Oklahoma City and the creation of an Outreach Center and Campaign Headquarters there to start a grassroots movement in the state.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2018, 10:30:50 AM »

Bill Haslam Endorsements

Former Florida Senator Marco Antonio Rubio (endorses Haslam during Rally in Claremont, Sullivan County, New Hampshire on September 17th)

"Thank you...Thank you. I am honored to be here today to endorse a good friend of mine, Senator Bill Haslam of Tennessee. Say what you like about the other candidates but you cannot deny that Bill has worked day and night for the betterment of his state and the betterment of his country, as the 2021 Tax Cut Bill showed. There is also no denying that his performance in Last Week's debate was absolutely stellar against his performances. There is no one who deserves the Presidency more than Senator Haslam. Let's help win New Hampshire and then let's help him win the White House!"

Former Senator Rubio puts his efforts into New Hampshire and Alabama, stumping for Senator Haslam there to raise his support

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul (endorses Haslam during a Rally in Elgin, Fayette County, Iowa on September 28th)

"I am honored to be here today with Senator Bill Haslam of Tennessee and I am honored to endorse this man for President of the United States. I saw his debate performance and saw how strong of a candidate he was. I listened to him as he chewed out the Democrats about the hypocrisy of Impeachmentgate. I was a deciding vote on the 2021 Tax Cut Bill he introduced. But the thing that made me decide to endorse him as opposed to Amash or Scott was his proposed 28th Amendment to the Constitution. I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment and idea for the Amendment and I guarantee that I will vote yes on it. Senator Haslam is bringing real change to Washington and he can continue that once he becomes President."

Senator Paul campaigns in Iowa and Oklahoma for Senator Haslam in order to raise his support.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2018, 11:37:40 AM »

Scott Rolen makes his first stop in Iowa and talks about Healthcare

Rolen:Well I think the Affordable care act  was on the right track but it wasn’t the end goal. I have through my years in Congress fought for Medicare for all and universal healthcare which we did get passed but unfortunately President Trump vetoed it.

That bill would of saved us 32.6 trillion dollars over the next 10 years however Trump being Trump didn’t care that’s it was good and popular for the American people and still decided to veto it and decided that yeah he wanted to see Americans suffer more.

The Republicans if they get 4 more years in the White House will try anyway they can to cut Medicare and Social Security so that they can give more tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires and to the big pharmaceutical companies.

As President one of my first to do things would be get Amercia to join with the rest of the world with Universal Healthcare and Medicare for All without having to raise taxes on middle and the working class.

And make sure that Big Pharma doesn’t rig the system and buy out politicians like they have recently.

*Crowd claps and cheers*
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies