2024 Election Game - IC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:40:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game - IC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game - IC  (Read 4421 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: October 19, 2018, 11:10:45 PM »

Gillum 2024 Campaign Schedule
September 1st - September 15th

Key Campaign Staff

• Campaign Chairman: Sen. Bill Nelson (D-FL)
  • Campaign Manager: Jeff Weaver
  • Fundraising Director: Sen. Stephanie Murphy (D-FL)

Campaign Schedule

September 1st

Begin bus tour of Iowa with a speech in Des Moines highlighting the focus of our future and campaigning on protecting the environment, supporting farmers with tax breaks and subsidies, and reversing the Citizens United Decision with an Amendment. 

September 2nd
Continue the Bus tour, Make an appearance with a youth group in Jasper county, with the message of building an effective new America based on renewable energy, single payer healthcare, and a system that works for everyone.

September 3rd
Continue the Bus tour in Iowa, meet with community leaders and the Democratic County Chair about how we can improve our outreach to these Suburban/Rural areas in these midwestern states. After this, the Governor attends a local Corn School (basically a county fair) and talks to local farmers and residents about many issues including the ethanol subsidy and his plant to clean up the environment.

September 4th
Continue the Iowa Bus tour speak in Warren County about the need for Universal Healthcare and the prominence of the Ethanol subsidy in his plan for a switch towards alternative fuels for the future of the environment.

September 5th
Continue the Iowa Bus tour Madison County campaign on cleaning up the corruption in politics and work as an outsider and begin working on the ground game in Suburban and Rural areas in Iowa, focusing mainly on Suburban voters who tend to lean more moderate and people who may feel disaffected by the establishment.

September 6th
Continue the Bus tour into Dallas County campaign focusing on building support among people who feel disaffected by the establishment and suburban voters, but also putting a heavy focus on rural voters as those are the ones who supported Sanders the most in 2016. Governor Gillum meets with leaders of the Democratic Party in the Iowa State Legislature the Senate Majority Leader and the Speaker of the Assembly. following the lunch he takes a plane to Chicago where he attends a fundraiser for his campaign that is attended by Senator Nelson and Senator Murphy.

September 7th
Governor Gillum begins campaigning with leaders of the African American in Birmingham, Alabama and remarks on how we need to work hard for the future of not only the United States, but Humankind. He redoubles his support for Medicare for All policy and Environmental Legislation such as the adaptation of the Paris Climate accord.

September 8th
The Governor gives a speech to a crowd of fishermen in Mobile talking about the disastrous effects of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill on the industry in Alabama. He also meets with the Judge Bob Vance and the leaders of the Democratic party in Alabama.

September 9th
The Governor meets with Senator Jones in Birmingham as well as the State Party chair and multiple county chairs along with many young volunteers who are working on helping Gillum secure the African American vote in Alabama in this early primary.

September 10th
Governor Gillum moves north to New Hampshire where he meets with the Governor and the Speaker of the New Hampshire House of Representatives along with Senators Shaeen and Hassan he also appears at a rally for progressive politicians throughout the nation and New Hampshire.

September 11th
Speech to memorialize the victims of 9/11 in New York.

September 12th
Meet and Greet with supporters in Nashua and the opening of our first campaign office in New Hampshire as the grassroots effort is being primarily focused on the vote rich liberal portions near Massachusetts. 

September 13th
in Oklahoma Governor Gillum lands in Tulsa and visits the University of Tulsa DSA association and meets with the Minority Leader and Minority Leader in the Senate and House. the Governor also opens the campaigns first campaign office in the state and one will open later in the day in Oklahoma City.

September 14th
Governor Gillum focuses on the suburban area in Oklahoma as well as the large urban population, but focuses the hardest on winning the votes of the politically active students at the University of Oklahoma in Norman Oklahoma State University in Oklahoma City and Tulsa University in Tulsa which hold a large amount of votes in the state that could provide a good early win for the Governor.

September 15th
the filming of the Governors first ad begins in Oklahoma city televison market where they hope with the ability to control the air waves here and in the Northeast they will be able to make up for the minor amount of time he spent there this week.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 09:14:15 AM »

Andrew Gillum Ad#1 Red Tide

this will be aired in New Hampshire statewide and Iowa statewide, but will only appear in the coastal area of Alabama specifically Mobile.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 08:25:39 PM »

Opening Statement

Hello Fellow Democrats. I would like to tell you all who I am and why Im here. *pauses* In other words Im going to tell you why Im here and what I will do as your President. I will be pushing for 3 key elements in this campaign and in my time in the White house if you my fellow Democrats and my fellow Americans choose me as your nominee and as your President in more than a years time. These 3 key issues are The Enviroment, Education, and Healthcare. My campaign has put out concrete plans to expand the United State's effort in these three key areas. I want to bring back the America of Union workers, the America of the middle class family, and the America of a lower income inequality.

1. As a minority Governor representing a Southern state, do you believe race relations are better in your state than they were when you took office as Governor?

Yes I do. During my 2 terms as Governor I have pushed for the equal opportunity of everyone regardless of race, religion, creed, or sexuality. I support expanding protections to homosexuals from hate crimes. as President I will personally lead the charge for Anti-Discrimination legislation as I have in Florida I will also fight against any so called National "Bathroom Bills" and most of all I will fight for the rights of all Americans I dont care if you are white black yellow or brown. I care most of all whether or not you have a deep love for your nation in your heart. I dont plan on making race an issue in this election as we saw in 2008 and 2012 America can elect a black president as they did with President Obama.

I think that Governor Abrams can also attest to this, but we have been treated as nothing but respect in the time that I have been Governor, by the vast majority of people. Regardless of race or party affiliation when I believe that race relations have improved greatly during our time and I believe they will continue to improve greatly in the immediate future. With the efforts of myself and Governor Abrams the political activism of African Americans has increased in the southern United States.

2. What is your plan for combating climate change?

My plan to combat climate change is to reenter the Paris Climate Agreement we will also adopt the Kyoto Protocol and then move towards cutting carbon emissions by 50% by 2030 which the IPCC report in 2018 said would be needed to keep climate change under 1.5 degrees celsius. I am coming out here and now in support of a revenue neutral carbon tax to cut carbon admissions as well as large subsidies for renewable energy in the future. With the future of our planet at stake we need to plan not just for the next 5 years, but we need to plan for the future of our children and the future of our nation.

I ask you if you are on the fence about climate change. Whether you're a Democrat Republican or Independent, think of your children if we dont do something to fix the climate of our world then your children will be suffering. I will be doing all I can to eliminate this threat to my children and to to eliminate this threat to all of your children. I am looking forward to a future of a clean planet and a future of a beautiful world.

In Florida when I was elected Governor we were experiencing an environmental and economic catastrophe, the red tide was destroying the beautiful beaches of Florida and harming the fishing and tourism industries. When I became Governor I pledged to put an end to the dangerous practices such as fracking and offshore drilling. We did I worked with a Republican lead legislature to craft bipartisan common sense reform to make Florida a better place and improve our economy. We made change in Florida and if you elect me we will make change in DC.

3. Would you support a federally funded expedition to Mars?
Well, I would. First however, I would speak with the higher ups in NASA and the astronauts to see how much it would cost us to send a man to Mars. If it is cost effective and reasonable I can see the United States sending a man to Mars by the end of a possible 2nd term in office for me. I believe in the future that if we can gain valuable knowledge and resources from the big red dot in the sky then we should make an effort to go on and visit this big red giant.

4. Did you support the Democratic Congress's attempts to impeach President Trump?

I did not, I support impeachment only as the constitution supports it I do believe that President Trump is incompetent  and a bad deal for this nation, but I do believe that we should not decide for the American people. If they did not want him as their President they will not elect a Republican this fall. I will be running on renewing the American dream away from what Trump has prescribed and devastated the American way of life and our nation.

We need a new progressive President one who will pass Universal Healthcare, fight for the protection of the environment against a President who currently denies that climate change exists. In the future we will remember back to his Presidency as a disaster to the American way of life and a disaster to the American people. A vote for Gillum is a vote for the new american dream, and a new American way of life.

Closing Statement:

You may have noticed tonight that I have not attacked any candidates tonight and I will not for the remainder of the debates this primary season. We need a unified Democratic ticket when we reach the election in November we need to fight for the future of the United States and we need to bring back progressive Democratic change to the United States and I believe that I will be the best bet for not just the Democratic Party come November, but also the American people for the next 4 years to fight back control of this nation from the buisnessmen and monopolists and give it back to the middle class and for those who need it most. I am a supporter of Education the Environment and single payer universal healthcare.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies