Who are the best pollsters?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:50:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process
  Polling (Moderator: muon2)
  Who are the best pollsters?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who are the best pollsters?  (Read 1200 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2018, 04:22:57 PM »

The question is as in the title. Given that many polling companies (i.e. Emerson, Vox Populi, Gravis, Traflagar, Rasmussen, Morning Consult) seem to have a poor reputation on this site, which pollsters are ones that you trust? Which are the most accurate and the most consistent?
UncleSam

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 12:32:38 AM »

I'm fairly confident Atlas posters have declared  polls from all organizations outside of PPP and Quinnipiac to be garbage at various points in the past. That's because those are the two solid left-leaning but still reasonable pollsters right now.

Personally I think they're all roughly the same and only mean anything when taken in aggregate (excluding internals or push polls obviously).
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 01:34:54 AM »

I'm fairly confident Atlas posters have declared  polls from all organizations outside of PPP and Quinnipiac to be garbage at various points in the past. That's because those are the two solid left-leaning but still reasonable pollsters right now.

Personally I think they're all roughly the same and only mean anything when taken in aggregate (excluding internals or push polls obviously).

This makes perfect sense. Given that this website has a strong left-leaning bias, it doesn't surprise me that many of the users on here disregard any polls which counter their perceptions.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 08:09:11 AM »
« Edited: October 19, 2018, 08:14:48 AM by Zaybay »

This makes perfect sense. Given that this website has a strong left-leaning bias, it doesn't surprise me that many of the users on here disregard any polls which counter their perceptions.

None of that is true, both Q and PPP polls have been thrown out multiple times, and pollsters that have given unreasonable leads to Ds, such as Ipsos, have been regarded as trash, but whatever fits your narrative.

Anyway, to answer the question, the average trusted pollsters are:
Monmouth
Quinnipiac
Sienna
SSRS
Fox
ABC/Washington Post
CNN
Marist

And many more. The reason they are more highly trusted is because they simply put more time, effort and money into their polls, compared to some on your original list. But it should be noted that pollsters cannot be correct 100% of the time, so even these are bound to be wrong sometimes. Thats why its always better to check out the average.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies