Plano TX school district to become more prison like
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:25:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Plano TX school district to become more prison like
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Plano TX school district to become more prison like  (Read 629 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2018, 06:37:02 PM »

link
You must be logged in to read this quote.
maybe if we teach them it's normal to have your privacy invaded on the regular and at random, they won't be such bitches about it when they are adults.  Roll Eyes
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 07:42:14 PM »

This is so ridiculous.  Course it’s been happening for decades in ‘hood’ schools, dead0
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 07:49:36 PM »

Well, this is the price of the Second Amendment.  This is the world we now live in - this is the price we pay.
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 07:54:13 PM »

GOP logic strikes again!

Create an environment where kids never get to experience freedom, then expect them to care about said freedoms when it comes time to vote.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 08:01:13 PM »

Public schools on the way out, I'm telling ya.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »

GOP logic strikes again!

Create an environment where kids never get to experience freedom, then expect them to care about said freedoms when it comes time to vote.
Indeed, K-12 schools do everything that the GOP criticized the USSR for.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 09:45:09 PM »

This is so ridiculous.  Course it’s been happening for decades in ‘hood’ schools, dead0
and it didn't work then either, they still get all uppity as adults.

(to be clear, I'm making fun of the people who think this is ever a good idea, hood or no)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 09:55:31 PM »

This is so ridiculous.  Course it’s been happening for decades in ‘hood’ schools, dead0
and it didn't work then either, they still get all uppity as adults.

(to be clear, I'm making fun of the people who think this is ever a good idea, hood or no)
Well, yeah.  You'd think this coming to better off suburban areas would finally mean some change because parents would be horrified... but a good amount of them aren't and parents with K-12 children represent the smallest amount they ever have since public schools became universal.

When I was in 12th grade, the principal had the upperclassmen pack into the auditorium to announce that random drug searches by dogs in the parking lot and locker bays would begin soon.  Everyone booed and he was a bit taken aback and some staff started telling us to quiet down in a very off-putting tone... so everyone just walked out.  They were honestly very surprised by that.  But it worked.  They said they'd only do it in the building and they would announce that it was going to occur the morning of... and then they ended up just never doing it.

The problem here is they are purposely going to isolate student groups into small enough groups that if they act en masse, they can easily punish them.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 09:58:04 PM »

And should any semblance of my goals work out, I now know exactly which district to not apply for.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 10:14:18 PM »

Honestly I don't see any problem if we installed metal detectors at school entrances as they have in court houses, but this is completely stupid. And we all know these random checks will never include the group that routinely commits mass shootings.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 10:15:05 PM »

Sounds like going to the airport.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 10:18:34 PM »

indeed, which is funked up too (the TSA sucks and is a huge waste of everybody's time and money), but at least you're not forced, as a child, to go through TSA 5 days a week for 10 months a year for 13 of your first 18 years.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 10:20:09 PM »

indeed, which is funked up too (the TSA sucks and is a huge waste of everybody's time and money), but at least you're not forced, as a child, to go through TSA 5 days a week for 10 months a year for 13 of your first 18 years.
this is why I could never completely oppose home schooling.  You always need the option just in case.
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 10:22:25 PM »

this is why I could never completely oppose home schooling.  You always need the option just in case.

I wouldn't be so opposed to homeschooling if I had never met any homeschoolers.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies