Trump jokes about Gianforte assaulting reporter at MT rally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:55:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump jokes about Gianforte assaulting reporter at MT rally
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Trump jokes about Gianforte assaulting reporter at MT rally  (Read 3239 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2018, 12:37:07 PM »

The Left overreacts to everything the President says. To be fair that is a good reason he's, well, the President of the United States. The need to bemoan and to rant about the President every time the President is in public is a key reason he's at 43% approval and rising.

And the right never overreacted to everything Obama said? Roll Eyes

As our newest Supreme Court Justice said, "what goes around comes around."  You guys were totally unhinged when the black guy was president.  You opposed him at every turn.  That's what the opposition party does, after all.  The country is more divided since it was during the Civil War, and that's not likely to change in the foreseeable future.  Quit your whining and get used to it.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2018, 12:37:34 PM »

Unfortunately for you, the President was joking and the good people of Montana are reelecting Greg Gianaforte. The President was being jocular with his supporters.

Of course Trump was joking. How is that better? How is it okay for the President to be publicly expressing how hilarious he finds a very real act of violence against a journalist?

The President is entitled to make quips, especially about people who do nothing but critique him. They're the Fourth Estate. They'll be fine. They're used to politicians making jokes about them and nasty comments.

In other words nobody cares.
Can you explain to me where the inherent humor lies in a candidate for public office bodyslsmming a reporter because he doesn’t like the questions the reporter is asking? I must just not be getting the joke.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2018, 01:00:07 PM »

Trump supporters don't crack their opponents skulls and throw urine at people. Nobody cares about your outrage.

We all know you're a proud boy.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2018, 01:06:45 PM »

Unfortunately for you, the President was joking and the good people of Montana are reelecting Greg Gianaforte. The President was being jocular with his supporters.

Of course Trump was joking. How is that better? How is it okay for the President to be publicly expressing how hilarious he finds a very real act of violence against a journalist?

The President is entitled to make quips, especially about people who do nothing but critique him. They're the Fourth Estate. They'll be fine. They're used to politicians making jokes about them and nasty comments.

Can you explain to me where the inherent humor lies in a candidate for public office bodyslsmming a reporter because he doesn’t like the questions the reporter is asking? I must just not be getting the joke.

Its funny cuz it makes libs cry of course
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2018, 01:11:33 PM »

Its funny cuz it makes libs cry of course

Imagine if Obama made these jokes! The horror from the deplorables.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2018, 01:29:52 PM »

The President made a joke about an event that happened. It's unfortunate you don't find it funny. His audience certainly did. He's making a joke about a shared common foe, the media.

I don't mind the Left overreacting. It's why the President will win a second term to the White House. They do a fantastic job of uniting the Trump and Romney coalition and a bunch of other center right Republicans behind the President.

Lol, we don't need you guys to win.  Your House majority will be gone in fifteen days.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2018, 01:32:48 PM »

The President made a joke about an event that happened. It's unfortunate you don't find it funny. His audience certainly did. He's making a joke about a shared common foe, the media.

I don't mind the Left overreacting. It's why the President will win a second term to the White House. They do a fantastic job of uniting the Trump and Romney coalition and a bunch of other center right Republicans behind the President.

This will work....until it won't and even when it stops working under any stretch of the imagination you will adamantly claim it still does.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2018, 01:35:56 PM »

It is unfortunate that liberals labor under the delusion much would change especially since we will retain the Senate. However they will most assuredly guarantee Trump a second term. Please do keep up the hysteria.

It's either that or just accept one-party, one-family rule.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2018, 01:41:37 PM »

One party rule under the GOP sounds good to me. I'm glad you agree.

Well....at least hes honest.

But watch Dems keep trying for bipartisanship and more pointless intellectual discourse with the other side.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2018, 01:53:51 PM »

It is unfortunate that liberals labor under the delusion much would change especially since we will retain the Senate. However they will most assuredly guarantee Trump a second term. Please do keep up the hysteria.

Nothing will change, including Medicare and Social Security.  We'll just keep cracking skulls and throwing piss at you guys.  As a joke, of course.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2018, 02:03:36 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2018, 02:12:00 PM by peenie weenie »

Gotta love how we've lived through three years of Trump, the politician with a contempt for the press that he isn't even half-capable of disguising, and we still have blue avatars here seriously trying to push the braindead "he was joking, take him seriously not literally" angle.

edited to add: especially when the comment we're supposed to take as a joke is about violence against the press, which Trump couldn't quite bring himself to fully condemn when the Saudis killed a dissident journalist.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2018, 05:10:55 PM »

But watch Dems keep trying for bipartisanship and more pointless intellectual discourse with the other side.

Shameless. The word you're looking for is shameless.

GOP cultists are not honest.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2018, 05:14:14 PM »

"Good people" are not re-electing a violent scofflaw (and fanatc nutjob) to represent them.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2018, 05:20:26 PM »

He was a solid Never Trump Republican until the Kavanugh hearings. He used to post things like this

I've always been proud I resisted Trump from the beginning and been one of the most ardent #never-Trumpers in the conservative side. He will get my vote when hell freezes over. I want every last Trumpist exiled from the Party too. (Except Sanchez, please). I wouldn't oppose banning every major Trumpist from ever receiving any nomination on our side ever again.

He and his time will pass. And when it does, I want the Party to face the day of reckoning for what it has done and how much damage they have done to itself by going along with this man.  

So the fact is the way the Senate Democrats and the Left also decided to throw civility out the window is why he decided to come back. The problem with them throwing civility out the window was that was a major reason many Never Trumpers had planned to support them.

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2018, 06:10:06 PM »

He was a solid Never Trump Republican until the Kavanugh hearings. He used to post things like this

I've always been proud I resisted Trump from the beginning and been one of the most ardent #never-Trumpers in the conservative side. He will get my vote when hell freezes over. I want every last Trumpist exiled from the Party too. (Except Sanchez, please). I wouldn't oppose banning every major Trumpist from ever receiving any nomination on our side ever again.

He and his time will pass. And when it does, I want the Party to face the day of reckoning for what it has done and how much damage they have done to itself by going along with this man.  

So the fact is the way the Senate Democrats and the Left also decided to throw civility out the window is why he decided to come back. The problem with them throwing civility out the window was that was a major reason many Never Trumpers had planned to support them.

The phony Kavanaugh outrage is just an excuse by never Trumpers to find a way back into the party while at the same time preserving their ego. It would be purely hackish to suddenly want to tout Trump for appointing 2 Conservative SCOTUS justices....much better to use Kavanaugh as a trapdoor for getting back into good graces with the party.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2018, 06:11:58 PM »

The phony Kavanaugh outrage is just an excuse by never Trumpers to find a way back into the party while at the same time preserving their ego. It would be purely hackish to suddenly want to tout Trump for appointing 2 Conservative SCOTUS justices....much better to use Kavanaugh as a trapdoor for getting back into good graces with the party.

Than what do you have to say about his earlier post I quoted.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2018, 06:14:53 PM »

Nothing. He changed his mind about Trump, started looking for a way back in without appearing like a shameless hack so he just latched onto the Kavanaugh nonsense as his ticket back onto the Trump train. Its the new bullshít de jour of the GOP
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2018, 06:26:20 PM »

Nothing. He changed his mind about Trump, started looking for a way back in without appearing like a shameless hack so he just latched onto the Kavanaugh nonsense as his ticket back onto the Trump train. Its the new bullshít de jour of the GOP

Basically the normie neocons decided they couldn't be their own thing anymore and decided it was better to have an Alt-right party than let the other guys win.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2018, 06:28:25 PM »

That’s not true for many people

My dad for example was willing to support the Democrats but the Kavanugh hearings made him sour on them considerably as well  while his opinion on Trump become less negative.

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2018, 06:33:57 PM »

My dad for example was willing to support the Democrats but the Kavanugh hearings made him sour on them considerably as well  while his opinion on Trump become less negative.

If someone tells you a specific situation or person changed their political persuation....chances are they were already looking for a way out or changed their mind way before that.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2018, 06:38:39 PM »

If someone tells you a specific situation or person changed their political persuation....chances are they were already looking for a way out or changed their mind way before that.

I live with my parents so I kinda would know when they would change

Throughout the Kavanugh hearing you could tell my dad’s opinion on the Democrats was dropping
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2018, 07:11:33 PM »

Throughout the Kavanugh hearing you could tell my dad’s opinion on the Democrats was dropping

The Dems did nothing wrong during the Kavanugh hearings.
There were serious allegations made, and they needed to be pursued. It was a GOP Senator who was the one who pushed for more time to investigate the matter (not a Dem).
Now if you and your dad are watching Fox News, then I could imagine the crap they were feeding your brain on how the Dems were out to eat Kavanugh's children like cannibals.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2018, 07:21:17 PM »

There were serious allegations made, and they needed to be pursued. It was a GOP Senator who was the one who pushed for more time to investigate the matter (not a Dem).
Now if you and your dad are watching Fox News, then I could imagine the crap they were feeding your brain on how the Dems were out to eat Kavanugh's children like cannibals.

My dad doesn’t watch cable news
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2018, 07:45:12 PM »

My dad doesn’t watch cable news

OK, fine. You seem to know alot about how your dad is thinking, so I ask you this ...
What did your dad not like or agree with, in regards to the Dems and Kav?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »

Fascism.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies