Trump jokes about Gianforte assaulting reporter at MT rally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:18:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump jokes about Gianforte assaulting reporter at MT rally
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Trump jokes about Gianforte assaulting reporter at MT rally  (Read 3249 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2018, 07:55:11 PM »

As said by Sasse the President was joking.

This is the cult's go to defense whenever Trump so brazenly goes beyond the line of civilized behavior that they cannot spin it. It, like the GOP, is no longer credible.

It is transparently obvious that Trump would treat journalists the same way his buddies MBS and Putin do, were he able to.

The illegitimate Trump maladmnistration and its GOP enablers continue to be sickening.

Lol...and sAsse just excused Trumps rhetoric while in the midst of a booktour for this claptrap:

I think the Republicans that I hate the most are the one that preach this faux-"let's all get along" mentality while clearly lacking the self-awareness to understand how they, themselves, are helping to cause the divides that they rail against. 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2018, 08:20:42 PM »

One party rule under the GOP sounds good to me. I'm glad you agree.

Well....at least hes honest.

But watch Dems keep trying for bipartisanship and more pointless intellectual discourse with the other side.

Shameless. The word you're looking for is shameless.

GOP cultists are not honest.

He was a solid Never Trump Republican until the Kavanugh hearings. He used to post things like this

I've always been proud I resisted Trump from the beginning and been one of the most ardent #never-Trumpers in the conservative side. He will get my vote when hell freezes over. I want every last Trumpist exiled from the Party too. (Except Sanchez, please). I wouldn't oppose banning every major Trumpist from ever receiving any nomination on our side ever again.

He and his time will pass. And when it does, I want the Party to face the day of reckoning for what it has done and how much damage they have done to itself by going along with this man.

So the fact is the way the Senate Democrats and the Left also decided to throw civility out the window is why he decided to come back. The problem with them throwing civility out the window was that was a major reason many Never Trumpers had planned to support them.

The phony Kavanaugh outrage is just an excuse by never Trumpers to find a way back into the party while at the same time preserving their ego. It would be purely hackish to suddenly want to tout Trump for appointing 2 Conservative SCOTUS justices....much better to use Kavanaugh as a trapdoor for getting back into good graces with the party.

Than what do you have to say about his earlier post I quoted.

Nothing. He changed his mind about Trump, started looking for a way back in without appearing like a shameless hack so he just latched onto the Kavanaugh nonsense as his ticket back onto the Trump train. Its the new bullshít de jour of the GOP

That’s not true for many people

My dad for example was willing to support the Democrats but the Kavanugh hearings made him sour on them considerably as well  while his opinion on Trump become less negative.

If someone tells you a specific situation or person changed their political persuation....chances are they were already looking for a way out or changed their mind way before that.

I live with my parents so I kinda would know when they would change

Throughout the Kavanugh hearing you could tell my dad’s opinion on the Democrats was dropping

The Dems did nothing wrong during the Kavanugh hearings.
There were serious allegations made, and they needed to be pursued. It was a GOP Senator who was the one who pushed for more time to investigate the matter (not a Dem).
Now if you and your dad are watching Fox News, then I could imagine the crap they were feeding your brain on how the Dems were out to eat Kavanugh's children like cannibals.

My dad doesn’t watch cable news

OK, fine. You seem to know alot about how your dad is thinking, so I ask you this ...
What did your dad not like or agree with, in regards to the Dems and Kav?

The release of Feinstein letter, use of uncorroborated allegation to smear Kavanugh,  Leftists all over the media(he uses the internet for news) basically calling people who support Kavanugh evil, and other things.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2018, 11:51:14 PM »

hahaha he's hilarious! It's even better when you realize schoolchildren will be looking at this guy in the same line of individuals that include George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.

Warms my heart that there are posters all across this country in schools that include every single US President...saving the best for last, of course.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies