Trump jokes about Gianforte assaulting reporter at MT rally (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:50:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump jokes about Gianforte assaulting reporter at MT rally (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump jokes about Gianforte assaulting reporter at MT rally  (Read 3219 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 18, 2018, 09:19:51 PM »

He jokes about this while:

*Saudi Arabia just dismembered a journalist (Jamal Khashoggi).

*He just called the Democrats the "party of violence and mobs".

*His supporters laugh and cheer.

When will this madness end?

When they run out of fuels for their violence or become consumed by it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 04:59:18 AM »

Obviously this is totally inappropriate. The Republican philosophy under Trump is "might makes right." That is terrifying for anyone who doesn't have power.

Unless we can check him soon, this country isn't really that safe anymore...
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 07:47:02 AM »

Why do you guys continue to treat this as news or as if it’s crossing some line? This is the new normal from the rightwing; best get used to it.

The Gianforte Grapple can only be countered by the Full Bill Nelson.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 08:05:49 AM »

Why do you guys continue to treat this as news or as if it’s crossing some line? This is the new normal from the rightwing; best get used to it.

Any relevant lines were already crossed long since. But still, Trump's shamelessness at openly endorsing political violence does mean that we are completely justified in responding to the GOP cult's frequent whines to violence from the left with derisive laughter.

That doesn't mean political violence is somehow automatically okay, just that the cult has no grounds whatsoever to be critical of it.
I just hope this doesn't dissolve into some Beirut or Fallujah type situation.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 08:36:24 AM »

Because this is not normal. It is neither normal nor acceptable when the President of United States encourages violence against the free press and political opponents, calls the media the enemy of the people, bullies people via Twitter and has a record of telling over 5,000 lies/falsehoods in less than 640 days.

We should never get used to the Trumpian insults and the disgusting human behavior by him and some of his supporters.

One kind of dark thought that I have that is kind of comforting in a way is that though this state of events isn't really sustainable, we can look at the Roman Republic/Principate/Dominate as a case study where norms totally eroded but the system kept chugging along for 600 years.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 09:26:47 AM »

Because this is not normal. It is neither normal nor acceptable when the President of United States encourages violence against the free press and political opponents, calls the media the enemy of the people, bullies people via Twitter and has a record of telling over 5,000 lies/falsehoods in less than 640 days.

We should never get used to the Trumpian insults and the disgusting human behavior by him and some of his supporters.

One kind of dark thought that I have that is kind of comforting in a way is that though this state of events isn't really sustainable, we can look at the Roman Republic/Principate/Dominate as a case study where norms totally eroded but the system kept chugging along for 600 years.

I'm not sure humankind will survive the next 600 years, to be honest here.

I don't think EVERYONE will be dead anytime soon...MOST people dead in the next decades or centuries? Sure.  The worst realistic case scenario is that civilization goes on... just not ours and maybe not at our magnitude for another 1000 years or so. Think of a "Dark Age" of steampunk city states. A lot of technology will be lost, but a lot of modern technology will survive. I can see PCs and the civilian internet not being a thing. I can see space travel going extinct. However, I think large supercomputers, radios, TVs, and power from renewables being a thing. Maybe cars would be fully electric or we go back to using steam-powered trains or electric trains.

Well, sure. The Roman Republic took about 400 years to go from a town to dominating the Mediterranean  basin. It then was able to continue to dominate for another 600 years and was still able to stay relevant for another 200 years after that. So, it took roughly as long for the country to die as it was to be more or less built. The United States took about 150 years to go from Independence to a world power. Its been about 100 years since that has happen... so...

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 09:44:09 AM »

I've come a realization, the right is about jokes and having fun and the left is all about being super serious.  No wonder there is no agreement or middle ground.

Yeah, I’m sure that if Hillary cracked a joke about Antifa, the right would roar with laughter.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 10:12:42 AM »

I've come a realization, the right is about jokes and having fun and the left is all about being super serious.  No wonder there is no agreement or middle ground.

I mean, look at Kavanaugh.  Hey, he's beer-drinkin' party guy! Can't have that in the SCOTUS.

All the left has to offer is that schoolmarm from Harry Potter, but only if she made claims that she was sexually assaulted to excuse her being the authoritarian she is.

Nah, we like having fun too.

This alone fueled NRA ads for MONTHS.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 09:47:02 AM »

He said, as he defended a post criticizing the president for supporting a congressman who assaulted a reporter.

This was the wrong thread to post that in. Saying "The Left" is unhinged in a thread about "The Right" praising its members' criminal behavior just takes the cake for being unhinged.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 10:27:28 AM »

As said by Sasse the President was joking.

Then what? It was Ambien?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 01:32:48 PM »

The President made a joke about an event that happened. It's unfortunate you don't find it funny. His audience certainly did. He's making a joke about a shared common foe, the media.

I don't mind the Left overreacting. It's why the President will win a second term to the White House. They do a fantastic job of uniting the Trump and Romney coalition and a bunch of other center right Republicans behind the President.

This will work....until it won't and even when it stops working under any stretch of the imagination you will adamantly claim it still does.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 01:35:56 PM »

It is unfortunate that liberals labor under the delusion much would change especially since we will retain the Senate. However they will most assuredly guarantee Trump a second term. Please do keep up the hysteria.

It's either that or just accept one-party, one-family rule.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 06:26:20 PM »

One party rule under the GOP sounds good to me. I'm glad you agree.

Well....at least hes honest.

But watch Dems keep trying for bipartisanship and more pointless intellectual discourse with the other side.

Shameless. The word you're looking for is shameless.

GOP cultists are not honest.

He was a solid Never Trump Republican until the Kavanugh hearings. He used to post things like this

I've always been proud I resisted Trump from the beginning and been one of the most ardent #never-Trumpers in the conservative side. He will get my vote when hell freezes over. I want every last Trumpist exiled from the Party too. (Except Sanchez, please). I wouldn't oppose banning every major Trumpist from ever receiving any nomination on our side ever again.

He and his time will pass. And when it does, I want the Party to face the day of reckoning for what it has done and how much damage they have done to itself by going along with this man.  

So the fact is the way the Senate Democrats and the Left also decided to throw civility out the window is why he decided to come back. The problem with them throwing civility out the window was that was a major reason many Never Trumpers had planned to support them.

The phony Kavanaugh outrage is just an excuse by never Trumpers to find a way back into the party while at the same time preserving their ego. It would be purely hackish to suddenly want to tout Trump for appointing 2 Conservative SCOTUS justices....much better to use Kavanaugh as a trapdoor for getting back into good graces with the party.

Than what do you have to say about his earlier post I quoted.

Nothing. He changed his mind about Trump, started looking for a way back in without appearing like a shameless hack so he just latched onto the Kavanaugh nonsense as his ticket back onto the Trump train. Its the new bullshít de jour of the GOP

Basically the normie neocons decided they couldn't be their own thing anymore and decided it was better to have an Alt-right party than let the other guys win.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies