Trump jokes about Gianforte assaulting reporter at MT rally (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:08:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump jokes about Gianforte assaulting reporter at MT rally (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump jokes about Gianforte assaulting reporter at MT rally  (Read 3201 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: October 19, 2018, 03:29:40 AM »

I've come a realization, the right is about jokes and having fun and the left is all about being super serious.  No wonder there is no agreement or middle ground.

I mean, look at Kavanaugh.  Hey, he's beer-drinkin' party guy! Can't have that in the SCOTUS.

The problem was more the lying to Congress about the beer drinking.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 08:03:54 AM »

Why do you guys continue to treat this as news or as if it’s crossing some line? This is the new normal from the rightwing; best get used to it.

Any relevant lines were already crossed long since. But still, Trump's shamelessness at openly endorsing political violence does mean that we are completely justified in responding to the GOP cult's frequent whines to violence from the left with derisive laughter.

That doesn't mean political violence is somehow automatically okay, just that the cult has no grounds whatsoever to be critical of it.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 03:50:49 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2018, 03:56:35 PM by Ghost of Ruin »

I've come a realization, the right is about jokes and having fun and the left is all about being super serious.  No wonder there is no agreement or middle ground.

So the Right is The Joker after Harly dumped him, and the Left is Batman? Not a bad analogy.

I look forward to putting the GOP back in Arkham.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 10:22:27 AM »

As said by Sasse the President was joking.

This is the cult's go to defense whenever Trump so brazenly goes beyond the line of civilized behavior that they cannot spin it. It, like the GOP, is no longer credible.

It is transparently obvious that Trump would treat journalists the same way his buddies MBS and Putin do, were he able to.

The illegitimate Trump maladmnistration and its GOP enablers continue to be sickening.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 05:10:55 PM »

One party rule under the GOP sounds good to me. I'm glad you agree.

Well....at least hes honest.

But watch Dems keep trying for bipartisanship and more pointless intellectual discourse with the other side.

Shameless. The word you're looking for is shameless.

GOP cultists are not honest.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 05:14:14 PM »

Unfortunately for you, the President was joking and the good people of Montana are reelecting Greg Gianaforte. The President was being jocular with his supporters.

"Good people" are not re-electing a violent scofflaw (and fanatc nutjob) to represent them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies