Trump's psychiatric diagnoses
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:54:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump's psychiatric diagnoses
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump's psychiatric diagnoses  (Read 1600 times)
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2018, 11:28:55 PM »
« edited: October 21, 2018, 12:14:37 AM by eric82oslo »

Everyone already knows that Trump is one of the biggest narcissists the world has ever seen and that his brain for at least the last couple of 2-3 years have shown clear signs of dementia. What is in some ways even more alarming, cause it's hardly not talked about at all is this: Yesterday, when I was trying to educate myself about the multitude of personality disorders out there (it's said that 10-15% of the population has one of several, including myself, which is why I did the search in the first place), I came across this truely amazing Wikipedia description about anti-social personality disorder:

"Antisocial personality disorder is defined by a pervasive and persistent disregard for morals, social norms, and the rights and feelings of others. Individuals with this personality disorder will typically have no compunction in exploiting others in harmful ways for their own gain or pleasure and frequently manipulate and deceive other people, achieving this through wit and a façade of superficial charm or through intimidation and violence. They may display arrogance, think lowly and negatively of others, and lack remorse for their harmful actions and have a callous attitude to those they have harmed. Irresponsibility is a core characteristic of this disorder: they can have significant difficulties in maintaining their social and financial obligations, and people with this disorder often lead exploitative, unlawful, or parasitic lifestyles."

While I was reading it I kept telling myself; this is not 97%, 98% or 99% the description of Trump, this actually fits him perfectly in every possible way, bottom up. There's not a single word that doesn't fully translate into the Trumpian personality. So scary in every way, yet at the same time comforting, cause at least now we have (one more) diagnosis.

Link to Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 12:05:59 AM »

Everyone already knows that Trump is one of the biggest narcisists the world has ever seen and that his brain for at least the last couple of 2-3 years have shown clear signs of dementia. What is in some ways even more alarming, cause it's hardly not talked about at all is this: Yesterday, when I was trying to educate myself about the multitude of personality disorders out there (it's said that 10-15% of the population has one of several, including myself, which is why I did the search in the first place), I came across this truely amazing Wikipedia description about anti-social personality disorder:

"Antisocial personality disorder is defined by a pervasive and persistent disregard for morals, social norms, and the rights and feelings of others. Individuals with this personality disorder will typically have no compunction in exploiting others in harmful ways for their own gain or pleasure and frequently manipulate and deceive other people, achieving this through wit and a façade of superficial charm or through intimidation and violence. They may display arrogance, think lowly and negatively of others, and lack remorse for their harmful actions and have a callous attitude to those they have harmed. Irresponsibility is a core characteristic of this disorder: they can have significant difficulties in maintaining their social and financial obligations, and people with this disorder often lead exploitative, unlawful, or parasitic lifestyles."

While I was reading it I kept telling myself; this is not 97%, 98% or 99% the description of Trump, this actually fits him perfectly in every possible way, bottom up. There's not a single word that doesn't fully translate into the Trumpian personality. So scary in every way, yet at the same time comforting, cause at least now we have (one more) diagnosis.

Link to Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

I'll add to this.

"Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder with a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy.[2][3] Those affected often spend a lot of time thinking about achieving power or success, or on their appearance.[3] They often take advantage of the people around them.[3] The behavior typically begins by early adulthood, and occurs across a variety of social situations."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 12:56:05 AM »

Everyone already knows that Trump is one of the biggest narcisists the world has ever seen and that his brain for at least the last couple of 2-3 years have shown clear signs of dementia. What is in some ways even more alarming, cause it's hardly not talked about at all is this: Yesterday, when I was trying to educate myself about the multitude of personality disorders out there (it's said that 10-15% of the population has one of several, including myself, which is why I did the search in the first place), I came across this truely amazing Wikipedia description about anti-social personality disorder:

I'll add to this.

"Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder with a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy.[2][3] Those affected often spend a lot of time thinking about achieving power or success, or on their appearance.[3] They often take advantage of the people around them.[3] The behavior typically begins by early adulthood, and occurs across a variety of social situations."

Now there's the ticket.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 12:59:52 AM »

This is gross.

Unless you're a medical professional, please don't armchair diagnose. If you are, I'm pretty sure you were taught not to diagnose mental illness of celebrities without meeting them, as all medical folks I know personally have told me they were taught.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 01:38:54 AM »

This is gross.

Unless you're a medical professional, please don't armchair diagnose. If you are, I'm pretty sure you were taught not to diagnose mental illness of celebrities without meeting them, as all medical folks I know personally have told me they were taught.

Agree with these points. But, I have mentioned this early on that there is likely something wrong with Drumpf. Could also be an inferiority complex that he tries to compensate through playing Mr. Tough Guy.
pops
katman46

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: 4.00

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 01:51:47 AM »

This is gross.

This. Goldwater rule.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 02:01:43 AM »

This is gross.

This. Goldwater rule.

Intersting, though, that nobody today would call Goldwater a maniac. He would be a considered a moderate if he was around.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 07:55:10 AM »

This is gross.

This. Goldwater rule.

Intersting, though, that nobody today would call Goldwater a maniac. He would be a considered a moderate if he was around.

Same with Reagan.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 08:06:12 AM »

Not that I want to dump a lot on this thread, but I am not interested in trying to find psychiatric diagnoses; I want to find impeachable offenses.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 08:14:34 AM »

Please don't promote ableism and invalidate or dehumanize neurodivergent people, thanks.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 08:14:55 AM »

This is gross.

This. Goldwater rule.

"I'm not a doctor."
- Senator Harry Reid or Senator Tim Johnson's brain bleed.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 09:14:09 AM »

This is gross.

That is indeed what is taught, but first up, some things are just so obvious that you don't actually have to examine anyone to "diagnose" correctly. Second, we are talking about the most powerful man on earth, so this is not just meanspirited gossiping, this is actually important and a vital interest to the public.

For the record I am a psychologist, although for the last decade and a half I have taught psychology and political science instead of practising psychology.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 09:17:09 AM »

This is gross.

This. Goldwater rule.

Same with Reagan.

Amnesty Ron!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 09:50:15 AM »

They claimed Ronnie was mentally gone too. How did that work out?

It is well known that Reagan showed early signs of Alzheimer's in the final years of his presidency. There is even a difference between his debate performances from 1980 to 1984.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 10:07:15 AM »

This is gross.

That is indeed what is taught, but first up, some things are just so obvious that you don't actually have to examine anyone to "diagnose" correctly. Second, we are talking about the most powerful man on earth, so this is not just meanspirited gossiping, this is actually important and a vital interest to the public.

For the record I am a psychologist, although for the last decade and a half I have taught psychology and political science instead of practising psychology.

Valid points in regards to the circumstances. That said, I'm still uncomfortable with non-professionals trying to diagnose, as per others in this thread. In addition, it's still obvious that Trump is unfit without bringing possible mental illness into the picture. We don't need a condition to prove his fitness or not, and assuming an illness would be enough to make him unfit is also problematic. So, by all means, let's discuss his unfitness, but let's leave possible illnesses out of it. The point is that he isn't able to appropriately do the job, and that is obvious without any other information.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 08:28:55 PM »

Oh my God!
Could you possible have nailed it down any better?
It's almost like this description was written specifically for trump.
I'm not sh*tting you. Everyone here on Atlas ....  please read this description and tell me that it doesn't at least partially (if not fully) describes how the Orange Tangerine conducts himself.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 08:32:55 PM »

Goldwater Rule. Also what does it say about the Democratic Party that they lost to a mentally ill man because 52% of the country didn't like the candidate they ran? Or the fact the supposedly mentally ill man's party won anyway.

Meanwhile 54% of the country, in fact even more if you count the people who didn't or can't vote, rejected your candidate. He couldn't even get a plurality and just barely won the states that put him over the top.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 09:21:55 PM »

Goldwater Rule. Also what does it say about the Democratic Party that they lost to a mentally ill man because 52% of the country didn't like the candidate they ran? Or the fact the supposedly mentally ill man's party won anyway.

Meanwhile 54% of the country, in fact even more if you count the people who didn't or can't vote, rejected your candidate. He couldn't even get a plurality and just barely won the states that put him over the top.

You must have missed The Doctor's two plus year tirade against Trump stronger than anyone bar runeghost and proudmoderate. He was part of the 54 percent, but by God he is seeing the light. Thank Kavanaugh!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 09:27:08 PM »

You must have missed The Doctor's two plus year tirade against Trump stronger than anyone bar runeghost and proudmoderate. He was part of the 54 percent, but by God he is seeing the light. Thank Kavanaugh!

You really do need to consider changing your user name to "Sprouts Funny Farm."
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 11:49:08 PM »

I diagnose him with a rather severe case of "Greatest President of all Time" and a textbook case of "Genuinely Good Human Being." 
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 12:07:02 AM »

Please don't promote ableism and invalidate or dehumanize neurodivergent people, thanks.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2018, 08:06:00 AM »

Unironically, this. Nothing like liberals taking aim at a conservative Republican like Kavanaugh who had little to do with Trump to realize that all conservatives are the intended political target of the ideological Left.

Trump isn't perfect but at least I'm not siding with the people I am a target of.

Occam's razor suggests that he has always agreed more with Trump than anyone else in office right now on the other side of aisle.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2018, 09:50:41 AM »

I diagnose him with a rather severe case of "Greatest President of all Time" and a textbook case of "Genuinely Good Human Being." 

Cult of Personality demonstrated.

Obama always knew that there was greater (Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and either Roosevelt) and could best be on par with the likes of Truman, Eisenhower, and perhaps Reagan.

Trump is simply awful, the Nero, Caligula, or Commodus of American Presidents.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2018, 10:13:41 AM »

Cult of Personality demonstrated.

Obama always knew that there was greater (Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and either Roosevelt) and could best be on par with the likes of Truman, Eisenhower, and perhaps Reagan.

Trump is simply awful, the Nero, Caligula, or Commodus of American Presidents.

He's definitely the richest president of all time. Maybe we are that obsessed with money and "scoring" that nothing else really matters.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2018, 10:35:55 AM »

I knew The Doctor would see the light!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies