Trump's psychiatric diagnoses
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:53:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump's psychiatric diagnoses
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump's psychiatric diagnoses  (Read 1633 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 10:41:37 AM »

I dunno why people are yammering about professionals and Goldwater.  We are not professionals.  We cannot diagnose Trump anyway.  But we can speculate all we want.  He’s a public figure whose actions clearly demonstrate narcissism.  You know quite a bit more about Trump than you do about your own cousin!

It just strikes me as preachy and moralistic to pretend you’re doing a good deed by chiding people for calling Trump a narcissist.  Many of you have no problem labeling Roy Moore a ‘pedo’.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 10:58:44 AM »

I dunno why people are yammering about professionals and Goldwater.  We are not professionals.  We cannot diagnose Trump anyway.  But we can speculate all we want.  He’s a public figure whose actions clearly demonstrate narcissism.  You know quite a bit more about Trump than you do about your own cousin!

It just strikes me as preachy and moralistic to pretend you’re doing a good deed by chiding people for calling Trump a narcissist.  Many of you have no problem labeling Roy Moore a ‘pedo’.

Indeed we must diagnose character -- and we Americans failed badly with Trump. You may do jury duty some time, and you may have the responsibility to determine whether to trust or not trust a defendant's claim to innocence. Some defendant who poses as a gentle soul who makes angry outbursts in the courtroom  may have done the violent crime. We must judge credibility. Maybe we can be misled, but still, trial by jury is better than the alternatives.

I think that we all know that Roy Moore has shown a penchant for females much younger than him. He has other objectionable characteristics.

With Goldwater there was an attempt to label him as crazy for his (then) ultra-conservative ideology. Do we do the same now with racist pigs like David Duke? No. The racism speaks for itself.   
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 11:17:34 AM »

To sum up the President isn't mentally ill. He just has zero craps to give about whose offended by whatever he says.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2018, 12:07:59 PM »

Goldwater Rule. Also what does it say about the Democratic Party that they lost to a mentally ill man because 52% of the country didn't like the candidate they ran? Or the fact the supposedly mentally ill man's party won anyway.

It says two things most people already knew. First, Clinton was a Damage Done popular candidate in part due to her own feelings, but also magnified by literally over 25 years of right-wing media beating a drum about her being the devil incarnate. Secondly, and more importantly, the Electoral College sucks, as Hillary still won the popular vote by almost 3 million people.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2018, 12:27:33 PM »

Goldwater Rule. Also what does it say about the Democratic Party that they lost to a mentally ill man because 52% of the country didn't like the candidate they ran? Or the fact the supposedly mentally ill man's party won anyway.

It says two things most people already knew. First, Clinton was a Damage Done popular candidate in part due to her own feelings, but also magnified by literally over 25 years of right-wing media beating a drum about her being the devil incarnate. Secondly, and more importantly, the Electoral College sucks, as Hillary still won the popular vote by almost 3 million people.

No as the President said, he and his team worked on an Electoral College oriented strategy. Had the strategy been to win the popular vote the President would've campaigned for the popular vote. The Republican Party also won the House popular vote, despite the hysterics of the Left over the President.

The Democrats lost to this man and couldn't even win Congress. And if they are claiming the President is mentally ill, and could neither beat the President or check him in the event he won, it suggests that the electorate correctly concluded two things. (1) the President is not mentally ill; and (2) The Left was worse than electing a mentally ill man, assuming he was such.

Neither reflect well on your side.

Oh, I see. Trump totally completely could have and would have won the popular vote if he wanted to, but instead he specifically chose to forgo winning a yuge popular vote margin so he could quite intentionally squeak out a 1% win in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. Got it. How clever of him.

Hardly anyone short of Jay fern is going to say other than Clinton was a horribly flawed candidate who is probably the only person who could have lost to Trump. I say, though, that it actually says far far far worse about the 45% or so of trump voters. There are a handful of former Obama supporters who were desperate enough 2 fall for mister New York tax cheat billionaire promising economic Justice 4 blue collar industrial workers--you know, the stuff your party adamantly runs against and you disapprove of mightily in economic policy? Just like your boy Coolidge? The worst that can be said about them is summed up in my signature line. However, it says far far far worse about the 40-some percent of Hardcore Republicans who would gladly adopt this Psychopaths as president because stopping Hillary, winning domination of the Judiciary, and getting high income tax cuts are more important than the country's stability.

No Chuckles. This failure is electing  a bona fide case of narcissistic personality disorder  as POTUS  is solely on you and your ilk. Not mine. The fact that there are such a large percentage of Americans who would be willing to do so, again, since far far more and far far worse about the Republican Party nationally than it does about the Democrats.

It's you & yours failure. At least have the stones to own it.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2018, 12:42:41 PM »

To sum up the President isn't mentally ill. He just has zero craps to give about whose offended by whatever he says.

These are contradictory because complete lack of empathy is indeed a mental illness.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2018, 01:31:44 PM »

I diagnose him with a rather severe case of "Greatest President of all Time" and a textbook case of "Genuinely Good Human Being."  

Cult of Personality demonstrated.

Obama always knew that there was greater (Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and either Roosevelt) and could best be on par with the likes of Truman, Eisenhower, and perhaps Reagan.

Trump is simply awful, the Nero, Caligula, or Commodus of American Presidents.

He's definitely the richest president of all time. Maybe we are that obsessed with money and "scoring" that nothing else really matters.

you can't deny that's pretty impressive

anyway @pbrower2a: George Washington helped found this country, and Donald Trump saved it from certain death. He is one of the Greats. It's that simple.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2018, 02:23:40 PM »

Yes, indeed, the President and his canpaign decided to go for an inside straight while Hillary decided to ignore the Midwest. Yes, I agree, the President was quite clever. That's why he's called President Trump.
I have no idea of the point you made or whatever you were trying to convey but I think Republicans are happy the President is standing up for America's economy and is working to deregulate, cut taxes, and challenge America's economic adversaries like China. GOP orthodoxy is being enacted with a few tweaks, by and large.

Indeed, aside from the hysteria demonstrated by an increasingly deranged and unhinged Left that seemingly injects themselves with every fresh Trump inspired uproar, the country is doing very well, thank you. Our stability is fantastic and we are, as the President says, making America Great Again.

The very very easy to Grass point is that Trump did not choose to lose the popular vote by nearly 3 million. He did so because he is a justifiably divisive and dishonest and unpopular person. The Electoral College sucks and is anti-democratic far more than Trump is clever.

Trump is literally mentally ill in a manner that pervades every aspect of his presidency, and you accept it because he gives you tax cuts and conservative judiciary.

Like I said, not off Hitler supporters parched in Torchlight parades.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies