Trump's psychiatric diagnoses (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:13:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump's psychiatric diagnoses (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump's psychiatric diagnoses  (Read 1626 times)
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« on: October 22, 2018, 12:59:52 AM »

This is gross.

Unless you're a medical professional, please don't armchair diagnose. If you are, I'm pretty sure you were taught not to diagnose mental illness of celebrities without meeting them, as all medical folks I know personally have told me they were taught.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 10:07:15 AM »

This is gross.

Unless you're a medical professional, please don't armchair diagnose. If you are, I'm pretty sure you were taught not to diagnose mental illness of celebrities without meeting them, as all medical folks I know personally have told me they were taught.
That is indeed what is taught, but first up, some things are just so obvious that you don't actually have to examine anyone to "diagnose" correctly. Second, we are talking about the most powerful man on earth, so this is not just meanspirited gossiping, this is actually important and a vital interest to the public.

For the record I am a psychologist, although for the last decade and a half I have taught psychology and political science instead of practising psychology.

Valid points in regards to the circumstances. That said, I'm still uncomfortable with non-professionals trying to diagnose, as per others in this thread. In addition, it's still obvious that Trump is unfit without bringing possible mental illness into the picture. We don't need a condition to prove his fitness or not, and assuming an illness would be enough to make him unfit is also problematic. So, by all means, let's discuss his unfitness, but let's leave possible illnesses out of it. The point is that he isn't able to appropriately do the job, and that is obvious without any other information.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies