Anonymous Male Twitter User Accuses Cory Booker of Sexual Assault in Detail
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:32:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anonymous Male Twitter User Accuses Cory Booker of Sexual Assault in Detail
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Anonymous Male Twitter User Accuses Cory Booker of Sexual Assault in Detail  (Read 4481 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 21, 2018, 08:10:51 AM »

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/10/breaking-man-steps-forward-with-sexual-assault-allegations-against-sen-cory-booker-with-lawyer-response-to-gateway-pundit/

Take it with a grain of salt right now because of the anonymous aspect, but it could get interesting.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 08:42:08 AM »

The gateway pundit.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 08:44:52 AM »

It's like that Blumenthal thing all over again.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 08:56:07 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2018, 11:37:46 AM by Devout Centrist »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Okay, I usually don't do this, but this is clear hatchet job. Real people do not write like this, especially about sexual assault. I will gladly let this man tell his story. But these passages really make me stop and wonder how many people are going to fall for this bullsh*t.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 09:05:28 AM »

It's like that Blumenthal thing all over again.

Right now probably tbh, but it seems that this was made by a sophisticated troll rather than a bot.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 09:07:12 AM »

Okay, I usually don't do this, but this is clear hatchet job. Real people do not write like this, especially about sexual assault. I will gladly let this man tell his story. But these passages really make me stop and wonder how many people are going to fall for this bullsh*t.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 09:07:44 AM »

This is very telling. Flip the script?? I suppose that means he expects Cory to deny the allegation and look like a hypocrite for...doubting a sexual assault survivor??
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 09:42:36 AM »

#BelieveVictims
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 09:55:30 AM »

You beat me to it!
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 10:09:09 AM »

So, r/t_d/ has been begging their users to anonymously slam a Democrat for quite a while. While I would also normally believe, I, too, find the circumstances and language of this accusation difficult to accept. I want to give the benefit of the doubt, but as we asked for with Kavanaugh, there should be an investigation here to at least see if it's possible Booker even ever met this guy.

The language overall is just really, really weird.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 10:14:12 AM »

Clearly a Twitter post with very charged language is exactly the same as an emotional testimony.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 10:18:22 AM »

#BelieveMen
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 10:20:16 AM »

Sounds like we need an FBI investigation to get to the bottom of this!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 10:24:59 AM »

Poisin the well, muddy the waters....don’t believe anyone!

The #metoo movement is pretty much ruined and over.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 10:58:27 AM »

Poisin the well, muddy the waters....don’t believe anyone!

The #metoo movement is pretty much ruined and over.

At the rate that facts have simply become a matter of opinion, you gotta start spinning tops and hope they stop spinning.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 11:09:22 AM »

It sounds like he told Dhillon his story and she responded quickly, kindly, but skeptically and suggested he contact Ronan Farrow who took 8 days to respond the same way but asked for more info.

If he is telling the truth, he is letting his experience blind him with a double standard that holds Democrats or liberals to stricter, higher standards while lowering the standard for the right, which in his alienated state, appears the only place he can run to.

The real truth here is that gay men are sexually assaulted all the time and they are still subject to many of the attitudes that are now seen as atrociously inappropriate towards female survivors...like he wanted it...he asked for it...what did he expect, acting like that etc
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 11:11:34 AM »

Clearly this is BS, but the next one (or...ahem...the last one) might not be so obvious.

Good luck everyone, we're going to need it.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2018, 11:14:45 AM »

That last paragraph (and to some extent the Ronan Farrow comment too) seems really odd.  “C-list actress” strikes me as almost a Trumpian insult.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2018, 11:15:03 AM »

Great, now everyone on the right, from normally reasonable moderates to liberty-conservatives are basically all a bunch of culture-war-fighting robots that treat deep emotional trauma and real sexual assault as a joke. Looks like the right will soon be completely emotionally bankrupt in the whole world, not just in my own country.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2018, 11:21:44 AM »

Great, now everyone on the right, from normally reasonable moderates to liberty-conservatives are basically all a bunch of culture-war-fighting robots that treat deep emotional trauma and real sexual assault as a joke. Looks like the right will soon be completely emotionally bankrupt in the whole world, not just in my own country.

The right has always been morally bankrupt. It wasn’t the right that abolished slavery, supported the civil rights movement, or supported the gay rights movement.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 11:24:10 AM »

And this is shocking to you? This isn't new at all. Just another step down a very dark road.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2018, 11:24:17 AM »

That’s what you got from this thread?  After you defined how “real” survivors of sexual assault would talk and dismissed the allegations?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2018, 11:27:29 AM »

That’s what you got from this thread?  After you defined how “real” survivors of sexual assault would talk and dismissed the allegations?

Yes. Unlike so many on the right (and some on the left), I don't cynically use sexual assault allegations. When something has even a shred of credibility, it mustn't be dismissed, but this thing is so painfully political and lacking any credibility that I won't believe it until he presents anything that supports the claim.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2018, 11:39:56 AM »

That’s what you got from this thread?  After you defined how “real” survivors of sexual assault would talk and dismissed the allegations?

Yes. Unlike so many on the right (and some on the left), I don't cynically use sexual assault allegations. When something has even a shred of credibility, it mustn't be dismissed, but this thing is so painfully political and lacking any credibility that I won't believe it until he presents anything that supports the claim.
You said through your empty quote that it was a hatchet job and bullsh**t you wouldn’t fall for.  Then you talk about shreds of credibility.  Well, what “objective” shreds are we talking about?  Will your shreds be credible to others?  Perhaps my shred interpreting skills require a lower threshold to be credible.  Or perhaps I am biased and bullheaded and I need many shreds before I believe an admission and allegation of sexual assault.

I’m not interested in your subjective opinion of what defines credibility nor do I care for your quick deflection of this story into an attack on ‘the right’.

Try thinking critically, considerately, empathetically, and try to be as unbiased as possible.  This is serious sh**t.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2018, 11:45:34 AM »

You said through your empty quote that it was a hatchet job and bullsh**t you wouldn’t fall for.  Then you talk about shreds of credibility.  Well, what “objective” shreds are we talking about?  Will your shreds be credible to others?  Perhaps my shred interpreting skills require a lower threshold to be credible.  Or perhaps I am biased and bullheaded and I need many shreds before I believe an admission and allegation of sexual assault.

I’m not interested in your subjective opinion of what defines credibility nor do I care for your quick deflection of this story into an attack on ‘the right’.

Try thinking critically, considerately, empathetically, and try to be as unbiased as possible.  This is serious sh**t.

You know exactly what I mean. The difference between the highly political language of this allegation and Ford's emotional testimony is like the difference between an ant and an elephant. Trying to spin this into some trashing of the very important #metoo movement is highly cynical.

This is, indeed, serious sh**t, and when posters mock an entire movement that is so important for so many traumatized women as a joke, I can't not call them out.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies