Anonymous Male Twitter User Accuses Cory Booker of Sexual Assault in Detail
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:47:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anonymous Male Twitter User Accuses Cory Booker of Sexual Assault in Detail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Anonymous Male Twitter User Accuses Cory Booker of Sexual Assault in Detail  (Read 4462 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2018, 11:58:57 AM »

Great, now everyone on the right, from normally reasonable moderates to liberty-conservatives are basically all a bunch of culture-war-fighting robots that treat deep emotional trauma and real sexual assault as a joke. Looks like the right will soon be completely emotionally bankrupt in the whole world, not just in my own country.
That’s what you got from this thread?  After you defined how “real” survivors of sexual assault would talk and dismissed the allegations?

Yes. Unlike so many on the right (and some on the left), I don't cynically use sexual assault allegations. When something has even a shred of credibility, it mustn't be dismissed, but this thing is so painfully political and lacking any credibility that I won't believe it until he presents anything that supports the claim.
You said through your empty quote that it was a hatchet job and bullsh**t you wouldn’t fall for.  Then you talk about shreds of credibility.  Well, what “objective” shreds are we talking about?  Will your shreds be credible to others?  Perhaps my shred interpreting skills require a lower threshold to be credible.  Or perhaps I am biased and bullheaded and I need many shreds before I believe an admission and allegation of sexual assault.

I’m not interested in your subjective opinion of what defines credibility nor do I care for your quick deflection of this story into an attack on ‘the right’.

Try thinking critically, considerately, empathetically, and try to be as unbiased as possible.  This is serious sh**t.

You know exactly what I mean. The difference between the highly political language of this allegation and Ford's emotional testimony is like the difference between an ant and an elephant. Trying to spin this into some trashing of the very important #metoo movement is highly cynical.

This is, indeed, serious sh**t, and when posters mock an entire movement that is so important for so many traumatized women as a joke, I can't not call them out.
I’m glad you admit you believe this is a movement for women.  And I detest your insistence that victims must speak “traumatese” or whatever you think it is.

Basically in your mind, in order to be taken seriously, you must be a woman, and you must be a shriveled, terrified, emotional wreck when coming forward.

Perhaps since this was an allegation against a prominent politician that occurred at a political event in the workplace to a politically engaged fan of the alleged perpetrator could explain the political language.  Just a thought.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2018, 12:06:45 PM »

Great, now everyone on the right, from normally reasonable moderates to liberty-conservatives are basically all a bunch of culture-war-fighting robots that treat deep emotional trauma and real sexual assault as a joke. Looks like the right will soon be completely emotionally bankrupt in the whole world, not just in my own country.
That’s what you got from this thread?  After you defined how “real” survivors of sexual assault would talk and dismissed the allegations?

Yes. Unlike so many on the right (and some on the left), I don't cynically use sexual assault allegations. When something has even a shred of credibility, it mustn't be dismissed, but this thing is so painfully political and lacking any credibility that I won't believe it until he presents anything that supports the claim.
You said through your empty quote that it was a hatchet job and bullsh**t you wouldn’t fall for.  Then you talk about shreds of credibility.  Well, what “objective” shreds are we talking about?  Will your shreds be credible to others?  Perhaps my shred interpreting skills require a lower threshold to be credible.  Or perhaps I am biased and bullheaded and I need many shreds before I believe an admission and allegation of sexual assault.

I’m not interested in your subjective opinion of what defines credibility nor do I care for your quick deflection of this story into an attack on ‘the right’.

Try thinking critically, considerately, empathetically, and try to be as unbiased as possible.  This is serious sh**t.

You know exactly what I mean. The difference between the highly political language of this allegation and Ford's emotional testimony is like the difference between an ant and an elephant. Trying to spin this into some trashing of the very important #metoo movement is highly cynical.

This is, indeed, serious sh**t, and when posters mock an entire movement that is so important for so many traumatized women as a joke, I can't not call them out.
I’m glad you admit you believe this is a movement for women.  And I detest your insistence that victims must speak “traumatese” or whatever you think it is.

Basically in your mind, in order to be taken seriously, you must be a woman, and you must be a shriveled, terrified, emotional wreck when coming forward.

Perhaps since this was an allegation against a prominent politician that occurred at a political event in the workplace to a politically engaged fan of the alleged perpetrator could explain the political language.  Just a thought.
While this certainly could be possible, there are:

--zero concrete details
--no record of the event in question (checking on the Wayback machine, I cannot find any information of an event that fits his description for the summer of 2014)
--differing accounts on the victim's age
--zero receipts for the communications with Farrow
--odd and questionable language throughout
--use of the twitter handle 'The Deep Throat' and several Nietzsche quotes

To say that this case is very odd is an understatement. But if the victim comes forward and gives out details, then I'll be willing to admit that I'm wrong. However, as it stands, this is an anonymous allegation. I don't give those any stock unless there's a wealth of details and information.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2018, 12:28:53 PM »

I don't always agree with you, but I'm so thankful for you actually coming up with the words to respond to this in this way, and I completely agree. It made me so angry I couldn't think of the right words. So. Thank you.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2018, 12:39:24 PM »

I’m flabbergasted by all of the responses in this thread.  People mocking the #metoo movement, people dismissing the allegation right out the door with no further information, people insisting victims must act and talk a certain way or be a certain gender, using this as a cover to attack the right...

My only takeaway is you all think you’re experts at parsing real allegations from fake ones, that you know real victims because they all act a certain way, or you don’t take any of the #metoo movement seriously and just want to poisin the well and muddy the waters to discredit future allegations before they come out.

Yuck.

Let’s wait for more information.  Let’s withhold judgment. 
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2018, 12:45:31 PM »

All allegations matter, all victims deserve to be heard - unless I disagree with them, then you need to shut up.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2018, 12:50:54 PM »

All allegations matter, all victims deserve to be heard - unless I disagree with them, then you need to shut up.

So, r/t_d/ has been begging their users to anonymously slam a Democrat for quite a while. While I would also normally believe, I, too, find the circumstances and language of this accusation difficult to accept. I want to give the benefit of the doubt, but as we asked for with Kavanaugh, there should be an investigation here to at least see if it's possible Booker even ever met this guy.

The language overall is just really, really weird.

Stop putting words in my mouth, thanks. Others have also asked for either supporting information or an investigation. I am doubtful, but open to this being truthful. This person, thus far, has not put their name on the line nor made sworn statements. It also uses language similar to that of certain members of the alt-right who have been campaigning to get their members to issue false claims against Democrats. Thus, it is very important to neither dismiss this out of hand nor accept it as absolute truth without more substance. I certainly don't want him to shut up; quite the opposite.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2018, 01:55:09 PM »

That’s what you got from this thread?  After you defined how “real” survivors of sexual assault would talk and dismissed the allegations?

You said through your empty quote that it was a hatchet job and bullsh**t you wouldn’t fall for.  Then you talk about shreds of credibility.  Well, what “objective” shreds are we talking about?  Will your shreds be credible to others?  Perhaps my shred interpreting skills require a lower threshold to be credible.  Or perhaps I am biased and bullheaded and I need many shreds before I believe an admission and allegation of sexual assault.

Try thinking critically, considerately, empathetically, and try to be as unbiased as possible.  This is serious sh**t.

In what world is an anonymous twitter allegation from a brand new account with two posts credible?

Can't believe I'm actually taking the bait here, but this is absolutely freaking absurd.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2018, 02:56:56 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2018, 03:01:14 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

So, r/t_d/ has been begging their users to anonymously slam a Democrat for quite a while. While I would also normally believe, I, too, find the circumstances and language of this accusation difficult to accept. I want to give the benefit of the doubt, but as we asked for with Kavanaugh, there should be an investigation here to at least see if it's possible Booker even ever met this guy.

The language overall is just really, really weird.

Stop putting words in my mouth, thanks. Others have also asked for either supporting information or an investigation. I am doubtful, but open to this being truthful. This person, thus far, has not put their name on the line nor made sworn statements. It also uses language similar to that of certain members of the alt-right who have been campaigning to get their members to issue false claims against Democrats. Thus, it is very important to neither dismiss this out of hand nor accept it as absolute truth without more substance. I certainly don't want him to shut up; quite the opposite.

I'm sorry, but Green Line's statement has, pretty much, become the de facto Atlas Working Standard on this subject.

This is why the allegations of Dr. Ford stand out amazingly in comparison to other cases, even Roy Moore's.  Dr. Ford passed a polygraph, had the subject documented in therapy progress notes, and made a statement under oath that was coherent.  That is nowhere near enough for probable cause as to a crime, but it is at least EVIDENCE, and not a mere he-said-she-said matter.

The truth is that the bulk of #MeToo allegations ARE unreported "he-said-she-said" allegations with little or no proof to justify them, and, in cases where one can look at the stated victim's allegations and say, "Yeah, something must have happened to her/him of that nature." because they're "messed up" (PTSD, Borderline Personality Disorder, etc.), that may indicate that they have been VICTIMS, but they may not be necessarily identifying the correct PERPETRATOR for reasons that have to do with pathology.  Victimized people can often be pretty messed up themselves, and it is far from unheard of to have a victim name a different perpetrator to protect the actual perpetrator due to pretty serous intrapersonal issues stemming from trauma.

The only solution to this is to create a society where (A) victims are encouraged to report actual trauma, (B) victims will not be treated judgmentally when reporting trauma, but (C) with the understanding that prompt reporting of sexual assault is vital to justice being served.  We don't shame people for being beaten or robbed, and we should not shame people for being raped or sexually assaulted in some other way, and making these changes as a society is far from impossible.  But we don't investigate crimes that have been unreported for decades for which no forensic evidence exists, either, and for which there is no reasonable basis to believe that probable cause for an arrest or an indictment can ever come about.

The alternative is to believe alleged victims who name HPs as their victimizers and trash "victims" who name FFs as their victimizers.  That's where we're heading, and heading fast.  And think, for a minute, how easy it would be to make a #MeToo allegation out of whole cloth that could actually gain enough traction to ruin someone's career.  There are all sorts of intelligence operatives, in and out of government, whose job had been to destabilize foreign governments and gain intelligence from extremely hostile areas.  Some are still in government, and some are retired.  How difficult would it be for such people to conjure up a story, even one with a victim coming forth, about Cory Booker or Roy Moore perpetrating a foul act ever so long ago?  Is that really far-fetched, given what is at stake in our elections, and the amount of money both sides invest to determine the outcome of campaigns?

It is time we create a "Reporting Culture" when it comes to sexual assault.  This can be done.  What has been in the past is not acceptable, but the idea that we will go beyond believing alleged victims to punishing alleged perpetrators without any sort of legal due process is fast becoming the #MeToo legacy, and that is not acceptable, either.  Report.  Investigate.  Hold Perpetrators Accountable.  I suggest that this become not just the IDEAL, but the NORM for this issue.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2018, 03:29:57 PM »

Hey, my top priorities still are finally enacting the Bradford X Tax or the Progressive Consumption Tax in the US, getting rid of most Dutch rent controls and reducing the European employment protections that create a horribly inequitable winner-loser labour market and harm productivity by basically creating lock-in problems on the labour market. Making the Euro more sustainable also would be nice, and I'm proudly voting for the new Flawless Beautiful Rutte-Macron alliance Purple heart in 2019. I don't care for the culture wars, I've just discovered the drug that's called triggering the leftists Tongue.

But the Kavanaugh affair probably is the one issue I proudly support the deplorables on, it was rather sickening to see how leftists apparently are open to completely derailing lives and careers based on he said/she said stories. I don't care about Kavanaugh, I care about the precedent that it would create. If something pops up that proves Kavanaugh actually sexually assaulted women you can always impeach him anyway.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2018, 04:59:14 PM »

Looks like fanfiction. I wish it happened to me!

Actually, if this does end up being true, I might go to work Sen. Booker's office before he resigns...
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2018, 05:20:35 PM »

While I do have doubts about the allegations, I still think that Booker is a homosexual.

If only 2020 was Booker vs. Lindsey, we could have the first gay president for sure!
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2018, 05:21:52 PM »

While I do have doubts about the allegations, I still think that Booker is a homosexual.

If only 2020 was Booker vs. Lindsey, we could have the first gay president for sure!

In that case they should solve partisanship once and for all by setting aside their differences and marrying. It would be so beautiful.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2018, 05:23:30 PM »

Poisin the well, muddy the waters....don’t believe anyone!

The #metoo movement is pretty much ruined and over.

Because we doubt the authenticity of an assault allegation made by an anonymous twitter user being peddled by the Gateway pundit Roll Eyes
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2018, 05:25:40 PM »

In that case they should solve partisanship once and for all by setting aside their differences and marrying. It would be so beautiful.

Putting the "bi" in bipartisanship. Purple heart
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2018, 05:36:38 PM »

The right has always been morally bankrupt. It wasn’t the right that abolished slavery, supported the civil rights movement, or supported the gay rights movement.

While which party "the right" has infected has changed with time and place, the moral bankruptcy remains constant.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2018, 05:43:42 PM »

The right has always been morally bankrupt. It wasn’t the right that abolished slavery, supported the civil rights movement, or supported the gay rights movement.

All MP's of my right-leaning Dutch party (VVD) voted for gay marriage all the way back in 2001. So proud Smiley.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2018, 05:48:51 PM »

I'm really skeptical of the idea that the statute of limitations has expired for a felony sexual assault case from 2014...he mentions in a followup document that the statute of limitations has passed for the alleged assault.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2018, 05:54:31 PM »

Uh oh. #SupportSurvivors
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2018, 05:58:27 PM »

Even if this turns not to be true, Booker should take the high road and resign.

There's just too much risk for Democrats on the slight chance that it is true.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2018, 06:32:07 PM »

Roll Eyes

You realize how easy it would be to write up a false anonymous accusation for all 100 Senators, right? Even for a single unwashed 4chan troll with no resources at their disposal.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2018, 06:38:14 PM »

There isn't a single democratic man in congress that couldn't be accused of it as most "liberal" men over 30 partied and messed around when they were younger. The sexual revolution isn't going to look like such a good idea in the times of metoo.

The party has done a 180 in just 30 years.  Young men have to consider waiting for marriage again just to safe guard themselves.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2018, 06:39:44 PM »

Roll Eyes

You realize how easy it would be to write up a false anonymous accusation for all 100 Senators, right? Even for a single unwashed 4chan troll with no resources at their disposal.

There are least a few Senators for whom it would never be credible though Romney (should he be elected), and Feinstein are the only two I can think of.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2018, 06:40:51 PM »

There isn't a single democratic man in congress that couldn't be accused of it as most "liberal" men over 30 partied and messed around when they were younger. The sexual revolution isn't going to look like such a good idea in the times of metoo.

The party has done a 180 in just 30 years.  Young men have to consider waiting for marriage again just to safe guard themselves.

That's a very good idea. Too bad no one's going to listen to that sage advice.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2018, 06:42:52 PM »

Roll Eyes

There are least a few Senators for whom it would never be credible though Romney (should he be elected), and Feinstein are the only two I can think of.

False. Technocracy Timmy confided in me that Dianne Feinstein grabbed his junk at a seedy Orange County motel one night.

#IBelieveTimmy
#ResignFeinstein
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2018, 06:43:22 PM »

Even if this doesn't turn out to be true, I think it proves he is temperamentally unfit to serve on the Senate any longer. This is not a trial, it's just a job. No biggie. In the worst case he'll work for the pharmaceutical industry.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies