Anonymous Male Twitter User Accuses Cory Booker of Sexual Assault in Detail
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:48:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anonymous Male Twitter User Accuses Cory Booker of Sexual Assault in Detail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Anonymous Male Twitter User Accuses Cory Booker of Sexual Assault in Detail  (Read 4477 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2018, 06:43:58 PM »

Poisin the well, muddy the waters....don’t believe anyone!

The #metoo movement is pretty much ruined and over.

Because we doubt the authenticity of an assault allegation made by an anonymous twitter user being peddled by the Gateway pundit Roll Eyes
I think it would be better if when an allegation of this calibre cones out that you wouldn’t run your mouth before there is more information or some time has passed with no further action or information.  

Before Ford came out it was just some random letter being peddled by a known Democrat.  There is enough comparability there to shhhhhhhhhhh.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2018, 06:50:58 PM »

Even if this doesn't turn out to be true, I think it proves he is temperamentally unfit to serve on the Senate any longer. This is not a trial, it's just a job. No biggie. In the worst case he'll work for the pharmaceutical industry.

It's really intellectually disingenuous to compare this to Ford. For one thing, it wasn't an anonymous accusation. She came forward. They knew each other and had interactions at parties. She testified under oath. She provided at least some circumstantial evidence to raise the possibility that the event in question occured. It was a lot more credible than some random anonymous Twitter account's essay peddled by a right wing blog.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2018, 06:53:54 PM »

Even if this doesn't turn out to be true, I think it proves he is temperamentally unfit to serve on the Senate any longer. This is not a trial, it's just a job. No biggie. In the worst case he'll work for the pharmaceutical industry.

It's really intellectually disingenuous to compare this to Ford. For one thing, it wasn't an anonymous accusation. She came forward. They knew each other and had interactions at parties. She testified under oath. She provided at least some circumstantial evidence to raise the possibility that the event in question occured. It was a lot more credible than some random anonymous Twitter account's essay peddled by a right wing blog.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2018, 07:03:38 PM »

Even if this turns not to be true, Booker should take the high road and resign.

There's just too much risk for Democrats on the slight chance that it is true.

Roll Eyes

You realize how easy it would be to write up a false anonymous accusation for all 100 Senators, right? Even for a single unwashed 4chan troll with no resources at their disposal.

There are least a few Senators for whom it would never be credible though Romney (should he be elected), and Feinstein are the only two I can think of.

False. Technocracy Timmy confided in me that Dianne Feinstein grabbed his junk at a seedy Orange County motel one night.

#IBelieveTimmy
#ResignFeinstein

Clever response.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2018, 07:29:46 PM »

The lack of good faith in this thread is overwhelming. This accusation is getting weaponized by the same people who said that false accusations would become the standard way of ruining a politician's career. Lindsay Graham said so himself -- I just figured it would take longer than three weeks for his prediction to come true. Congratulations on turning the abuse of men and women into a joke and a game, you ing assholes.

Obviously this should be vetted and investigated by people who know what they are talking about, but this accusation has a long-ass way to go until it comes anywhere close to the level of credibility that the Ford accusations have. Not that any of you people have a problem with sexual assaulter serving in Congress even if it did happen.

Roll Eyes

You realize how easy it would be to write up a false anonymous accusation for all 100 Senators, right? Even for a single unwashed 4chan troll with no resources at their disposal.

There are least a few Senators for whom it would never be credible though Romney (should he be elected), and Feinstein are the only two I can think of.

What is it about Booker, pray tell, that makes this accusation more credible than one against Romney? I'm dying to know.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2018, 07:35:15 PM »

The OP posted a thread about the fake allegations on Twitter against Blumenthal https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=277606.0
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2018, 07:44:41 PM »

The lack of good faith in this thread is overwhelming. This accusation is getting weaponized by the same people who said that false accusations would become the standard way of ruining a politician's career. Lindsay Graham said so himself -- I just figured it would take longer than three weeks for his prediction to come true. Congratulations on turning the abuse of men and women into a joke and a game, you ing assholes.

Obviously this should be vetted and investigated by people who know what they are talking about, but this accusation has a long-ass way to go until it comes anywhere close to the level of credibility that the Ford accusations have. Not that any of you people have a problem with sexual assaulter serving in Congress even if it did happen.

Roll Eyes

What is it about Booker, pray tell, that makes this accusation more credible than one against Romney? I'm dying to know.

Romney's so impersonal that other than having kids (with his wife mind you), he probably doesn't even know how to sexually harass someone.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2018, 07:52:12 PM »

Roll Eyes

False. Technocracy Timmy confided in me that Dianne Feinstein grabbed his junk at a seedy Orange County motel one night.

#IBelieveTimmy
#ResignFeinstein

Well, I don't know.  Timmy had a signature that was a quote from Teddy Roosevelt that he attributed to William Howard Taft on a meme that was a picture of Grover Cleveland, so . . .
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2018, 12:44:16 AM »

Great, now everyone on the right, from normally reasonable moderates to liberty-conservatives are basically all a bunch of culture-war-fighting robots that treat deep emotional trauma and real sexual assault as a joke. Looks like the right will soon be completely emotionally bankrupt in the whole world, not just in my own country.

Yep. There was a real opportunity to be complete s*** bags about this,, comparing an anonymous internet post to Congressional testimony under oath, and a whole lot of people even Beyond these two took the opportunity. Nice job, people.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2018, 12:09:57 AM »

2014? I dunno lol. Why would Cory do that? Lmao I wonder if we can do a 'Cory In The House' joke because of this? Hmm....

What would a crossover between Cory in the House and Spartacus be like?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2018, 07:09:17 PM »

Clearly a Twitter post with very charged language is exactly the same as an emotional testimony.

I like how the right is terrified of potential victims making up accusations to ruin the lives of their enemies, and then proceed to do the exact same thing for the people they don't like. Self-awareness and consistency at its best.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2018, 07:40:23 PM »

Clearly a Twitter post with very charged language is exactly the same as an emotional testimony.

I like how the right is terrified of potential victims making up accusations to ruin the lives of their enemies, and then proceed to do the exact same thing for the people they don't like. Self-awareness and consistency at its best.

Precisely.

This individual also isn't willing to step forward and release their name. The people who accused Kavanaugh did release their names. As far as I am aware, no one has been "ruined" by anonymous statements. While Dr. Ford's statement was at first anonymous, it wasn't until it had a name attached that it became something used in the hearings. Assault victims stepping forward in the #metoo movement are very much not anonymous, instead showing the world at large that people you know have been affected.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2018, 10:18:23 PM »

The proper comparison here isn't the Kavanaugh affair, it's the Aziz Ansari affair.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2018, 01:13:45 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2018, 01:19:55 AM by BlueSwan »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Let's assume for a moment that this account is true. I don't see the crime. At least not the way it is described. So Booker came on to him and then...what? Was it sexually aggressive behaviour? Yes! Was it more aggressive than I personally deem appropriate? Yes! Was it criminal sexual harrassment? I don't see it and I don't think any court of law would either. This is NOT like holding someone to the floor, taking off their clothes and putting their hand on your mouth so you can't scream.

For what it is worth, I tend to think that the account is likely true.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies