MI Tarrance Group (Internal): Stabenow +7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:36:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MI Tarrance Group (Internal): Stabenow +7
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MI Tarrance Group (Internal): Stabenow +7  (Read 1670 times)
DataGuy
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2018, 10:09:42 AM »

Debbie Stabenow (D): 48%
John James (R): 41%
Undecided: 7%
Other: 4%

https://johnjamesforsenate.com/new-poll-7/
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 10:10:47 AM »

That seems about right for an internal. I am guessing Stabenow+12-14.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 10:11:25 AM »

LOL
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 10:13:08 AM »

Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 10:23:24 AM »

Of course we'll continue to see people arguing about how Jones can beat Stabenow because of this poll.

We are sorely in need of a quality poll, though I don't think it's going to find anything interesting.
UncleSam

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 10:30:56 AM »

Beware the ides or March and early polls of Michigan

I’ve been saying for a while that James isn’t losing by twenty and probably isn’t going to lose by double digits. Honestly this is an internal but you can’t fabricate a lot of the under the hood numbers in this poll - great favorables, particularly among undecided voters, a huge surge in name ID, and a big drop in Stabenow’s approvals, particularly among undecided voters.

Again, it is an internal. In a pro-D environment. But right now I think the biggest thing that’ll pull Stabenow over the line is the fact that Whitmer is destroying Schutte. It’s funny because everyone expected James to pull Schutte down, not the other way around.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 10:34:43 AM »

Safe D. Stabenow wins by about 15 points, around the same margin she’s won by for the past three elections. I do see it possible Whitmer outperforms her.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 10:43:32 AM »

A certain user will probably take this as the gospel truth and proof that James is "surging" Roll Eyes

Anyway, Safe D.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 10:46:06 AM »

I’ve been saying for a while that James isn’t losing by twenty and probably isn’t going to lose by double digits. Honestly this is an internal but you can’t fabricate a lot of the under the hood numbers in this poll - great favorables, particularly among undecided voters, a huge surge in name ID, and a big drop in Stabenow’s approvals, particularly among undecided voters.

Again, it is an internal. In a pro-D environment. But right now I think the biggest thing that’ll pull Stabenow over the line is the fact that Whitmer is destroying Schutte. It’s funny because everyone expected James to pull Schutte down, not the other way around.

I'd argue that's not the case. The swing in the Midwest against Trump and the fact that Stabenow remains liked doesn't lead to the belief that she'll win just because the gubernatorial race is not close. This isn't a close poll.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 10:47:22 AM »

A certain user will probably take this as the gospel truth and proof that James is "surging" Roll Eyes

Anyway, Safe D.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 11:13:50 AM »

Trafalgar is actually not that bad of a pollster, considering the fact that they were the only who got it right in 2016. Isn't it a coincidence that the race has been tightening since the debate? More and more people are getting familiar with James and his record as a pilot and as a businessman. This is what James planned from the start, being quiet at the start of the campaign, only to make his name recognition more known to the public near the end of October. James could possibly pull off a Gillespie-like offset in Michigan with partial help from urban blacks. I'm not saying that he's winning, but rather that this race could potentially be the biggest surprise of the night.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 11:15:55 AM »

Trafalgar is actually not that bad of a pollster, considering the fact that they were the only who got it right in 2016. Isn't it a coincidence that the race has been tightening since the debate? More and more people are getting familiar with James and his record as a pilot and as a businessman. This is what James planned from the start, being quiet at the start of the campaign, only to make his name recognition more known to the public near the end of October. James could possibly pull off a Gillespie-like offset in Michigan with partial help from urban blacks. I'm not saying that he's winning, but rather that this race could potentially be the biggest surprise of the night.

Are you just going to ignore the political scientific literature that says black voters don’t shift at all if the GOP candidate is black?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 11:16:57 AM »

1. This isn't Trafalgar.
2. Trafalgar has been bad since 2016. They were off by a ton in VA-Gov and AL-Sen.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 11:21:34 AM »

Either way this race has been tightening. Don't be surprised on election night if Stabenow is in a neck to neck fight for her political career.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 11:24:41 AM »

Oh, we should assume every state will vote the way it did in 2016? Congratulations, Governors Gonzalez, Jealous, Halquist, and Kelly! And I guess posters claiming this are conceding that Senator Rosen is inevitable. Smiley
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 11:27:56 AM »

Either way this race has been tightening. Don't be surprised on election night if Stabenow is in a neck to neck fight for her political career.
I will be. Even as a Republican as much as I like Mr. James, this race is only on the periphery of being actually competitive (aka likely D instead of safe D). For better or worse, Stabenow should win. An internal showing you "only" down 7 points means that it's a double-digit lead for your opponent.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 11:28:36 AM »

Oh, we should assume every state will vote the way it did in 2016? Congratulations, Governors Gonzalez, Jealous, Halquist, and Kelly! And I guess posters claiming this are conceding that Senator Rosen is inevitable. Smiley

All I'm saying is that the momentum is with James at the moment, just like President Trump's surge in the last few weeks of the election.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 12:40:54 PM »

Anyway, Safe D.

lmao are you referring to me

Anyway if Stabenow has a severe scandal before Nov 6...who knows?

Even if my man JJ doesn't make it, he should try to oust Gary Peters in 2020 when Trump wins Michigan at bigger margins.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 12:43:53 PM »

Anyway, Safe D.

Even if my man JJ doesn't make it, he should try to oust Gary Peters in 2020 when Trump wins Michigan at bigger margins.

You’re such a meme.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 12:45:05 PM »

You've also been saying for months that Schuette would win, lol.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 12:46:12 PM »

Anyway, Safe D.

I wasn't talking about you, but thanks for the laughs anyway, your posts truly brighten my day.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2018, 03:24:53 PM »

If you feel compelled to release an internal showing you down 7 points, you’re probably not in a position you want to be in
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2018, 03:28:43 PM »

I look forward to the pleasure of Stabenow winning by 15+ points.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2018, 03:28:44 PM »

Why would anyone release this? Anyway, it’s an internal, but I *do* believe he’ll do better than Schuette, which is really not saying much though.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2018, 03:30:41 PM »

Why would anyone release this? Anyway, it’s an internal, but I *do* believe he’ll do better than Schuette, which is really not saying much though.

I mean his campaign hasn’t been a comedy of errors in the way Schuette’s has been so I see this as likely
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies