NV Reuters/Ipsos/UVA: UTDH +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:14:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  NV Reuters/Ipsos/UVA: UTDH +6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: NV Reuters/Ipsos/UVA: UTDH +6  (Read 4354 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2018, 09:13:56 AM »

You have to give Trump credit here. Not only did he flawlessly orchestrate the Kavanaugh nomination near the midterms to motivate his base, he solidified TN, TX and ND with the Kavanaugh debacle. Not only has the republicans successfully defended their territory, but they have gone on the offense around the country putting critical democrat funds to non-competitive seats, and has given Heller the momentum and a fighting chance to survive this wave year.

The data has show-....never mind. Its pointless to argue at this point.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2018, 09:15:19 AM »

Heck was leadinding around this time during the election, I wouldn't trust this poll, until final weakend

Heck lost it because he didn't stuck with Trump. Rubio in Florida for example stuck to his Endorsement and never wavered.

BTW,

FOX NEWS will apparently also have a NV Poll out this evening showing Heller ahead. The only Poll where Rosen is leading is the PPP garbarge Poll.

You are right! Heck lost the state cause he didnt stick to Trump, just like how Trump lost the state because he didnt stick to Trump!....wait a second...

Trump actually won NV, Crooked H only got it because of illegals pouring over from Commiefornia... Tongue
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2018, 09:16:32 AM »

Seriously?
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2018, 09:16:47 AM »

I don't get this Atlas meme that a challenger should be embarrassed if they lose to an incumbent. Incumbents win more than 9 times out of 10 in most election years.

Nevada is one state that seems to keep their Senate incumbents running for reelection. How many times was Harry Reid "doomed," but managed to hold onto his seat? There's zero shocks here if Heller holds on and Rosen has nothing to be embarrassed about if she loses.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's still a tossup either way. Rosen should be embarrassed if she loses.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2018, 09:19:15 AM »

I don't get this Atlas meme that a challenger should be embarrassed if they lose to an incumbent. Incumbents win more than 9 times out of 10 in most election years.

Nevada is one state that seems to keep their Senate incumbents running for reelection. How many times was Harry Reid "doomed," but managed to hold onto his seat? There's zero shocks here if Heller holds on and Rosen has nothing to be embarrassed about if she loses.

It's because Atlas is assuming there will be a massive blue wave where Democrats win everything...except Nevada. Sound familiar?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2018, 09:24:45 AM »

Heck was leadinding around this time during the election, I wouldn't trust this poll, until final weakend

Heck lost it because he didn't stuck with Trump. Rubio in Florida for example stuck to his Endorsement and never wavered.

BTW,

FOX NEWS will apparently also have a NV Poll out this evening showing Heller ahead. The only Poll where Rosen is leading is the PPP garbarge Poll.

How do you know what Fox is gonna publish later today?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2018, 09:28:22 AM »

It's because Atlas is assuming there will be a massive blue wave where Democrats win everything...except Nevada. Sound familiar?
I'm seeing more of a normal election than a blue or red wave at this point at least. Republicans gain in Senate only because of a course correction from the 2012 Obama class up for reelection.

Only question is whether there will be enough typical out-party midterm seats (in this case Dem gains) to actually take the House in any effective kind of way. A few seat majority for Rs or Ds (which is looking increasingly likely) is going to be very difficult to whip for either side.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2018, 09:28:48 AM »

BTW,

How do you know what Fox is gonna publish later today?

If Fox is publishing polls, they will probably do the thing where they do 10 states all in one.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2018, 09:29:49 AM »

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2018, 09:30:34 AM »

BTW,

PPP has a strong record. It's best to believe them over a poll that didn't even poll in Spanish or a mystery poll that hasn't even been released (or only exists in someone's head).
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2018, 10:28:29 AM »

Believable. Heller is an absurdly strong rock star who’s certainly not going to lose to an Akin-tier candidate like Jacky Rosen. I think this race (just like MT-SEN) is pretty overhyped, wouldn’t be surprised if the DSCC decided to triage Wacky Jacky today.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2018, 10:31:01 AM »

Believable. Heller is an absurdly strong rock star who’s certainly not going to lose to an Akin-tier candidate like Jacky Rosen. I think this race (just like MT-SEN) is pretty overhyped, wouldn’t be surprised if the DSCC decided to triage Wacky Jacky today.
Think Unbeatable Titan Dean Heller's Megacoattails are long enough to help Lovable Laxalt?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2018, 10:36:51 AM »

>online only
>no Spanish option

Great job, guys, A+ poll
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2018, 10:41:19 AM »

What the hell? Incumbents win 9 times out of 10 because 8 times out of 10 they don't face a serious challenge. For every Heller, there's a Tom Carper or Sheldon Whitehouse or Deb Fischer or John Barrasso.

This is a competitive election, and a candidate who loses a competitive election should take stock of their own flaws. Don't act like all incumbents are made equally.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2018, 10:49:09 AM »

Think Unbeatable Titan Dean Heller's Megacoattails are long enough to help Lovable Laxalt?

Laxalt was already going to win anyway because of his family name and the fact that NV is pretty red down ballot tbh, but with Dirty Dean at the top of the ticket he’s guaranteed to win.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2018, 11:09:40 AM »

This poll (and most others showing a Heller-lead) could be wrong ...

Here's why:

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2018-10/2018_state_topline_-_nevada_final_october.pdf

Among all adults, Rosen leads 38-37 with leaners. But among likely voters, she's down 44-49.

That's because only 76% of Democrats say they are "certain" to vote, but 83% of Republicans and 62% of Independents (Rosen actually leads among Indys by 52-19 with leaners).

That is not something that is supported by the early voting numbers, where Democrats seem to have a higher enthusiasm in NV than Republicans, but we'll see ...
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2018, 11:11:55 AM »

Laxalt was already going to win anyway because of his family name and the fact that NV is pretty red down ballot tbh, but with Dirty Dean at the top of the ticket he’s guaranteed to win.

NV is red at all levels. Hillary only won because of voter fraud and illegals (which is why all the polls are always wrong there.)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2018, 11:12:05 AM »

lol
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2018, 11:13:33 AM »

NV is red at all levels. Hillary only won because of voter fraud and illegals (which is why all the polls are always wrong there.)
Yup.  Republicans are going to win every single seat there.  Every single vote Wacky Jacky gets is the result of fraud, including her own.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2018, 02:05:57 PM »

Someone remind me who called me a joke for calling this Lean R?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2018, 02:07:00 PM »

You are. It’s not a Lean R race, unless the big red wave is real. Reuters is trash.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2018, 02:39:19 PM »

You are. It’s not a Lean R race, unless the big red wave is real. Reuters is trash.

Agreed Reuters is trash, they had Beto winning which unfortunately we all know isn’t true.

BUT other polls have Heller winning too.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2018, 02:40:36 PM »

Agreed Reuters is trash, they had Beto winning which unfortunately we all know isn’t true.

BUT other polls have Heller winning too.

You mean like PPP, which was pretty much spot on in 2016?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2018, 03:26:36 PM »

JUNK POLL!

It moves to Lean R, every day more and more

https://youtu.be/3HPcIiLjL70

This may be one of those threads that will be funny to bump and look at after Election Day.

Yep.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2018, 04:41:11 PM »

Yeah, I don’t see how you can still justify calling NV a "swing state", especially in a Toss-up or Lean D election, but I’m sure we’ll get a ton of Trump +2-6 polls of NV-PRES in 2020, with Atlas bedwetting and predictions of a Democratic wave everywhere except NV (and NH) ensured. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies