America's Future! - A 2020 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:00:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  America's Future! - A 2020 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: America's Future! - A 2020 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 2784 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2018, 08:00:36 AM »
« edited: October 24, 2018, 09:53:14 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

Turn I

October 1st-October 31st, 2019

2020 Election Begins

President faces primary challenge while Libertarian runs as an Independent and Democratic Field gets larger

Jeff Sessions and Rod Rosenstein to Retire, will still support President

Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General Retires, but defends the President from attacks and refuses from endorsing someone else. Trump to announce replacements soon.

Congress to vote on Federal Funding for the Wall

Congress will hold a shared Vote on October 19th to determine the first payment of Federal Funding for the Wall

Republicans Nationally:

Donald Trump: 71%
John Kasich: 23%
Undecided: 6%

Despite a 90% Approval Rating among Republicans, President Trump faces opposition in strong opponent John Kasich. The former Ohio Governor has been a critic of the President since Inauguration Day and both share an intense rivalry. The President has labeled the former Governor "Basic Kasich" though it is unknown if the Naming tactics Trump used in 2016 will work in 2020.

Democrats Nationally:

Joe Biden: 27%
Kamala Harris: 19%
Jason Kander: 14%
Steve Bullock: 10%
Micheal Avenatti: 7%
Undecided: 23%

With a field of 5 Candidates already, The Democratic Primary has begun with the Moderate Montana Governor Steve Bullock facing Progressive California Senator Kamala Harris, Experienced former Vice President Joe Biden, Popular Veteran Jason Kander, and well known lawyer Micheal Avenatti. All 5 Candidates have their own specific brands. All 5 Candidates have their own plans. As the primary goes on, only time can tell how big and how close this Primary could get.

General Election Polling

President Donald Trump: 48%
Generic Democrat: 44%
Austin Peterson: 2%
Undecided: 6%

Generic Republican: 46%
Generic Democrat: 45%
Austin Peterson: 4%
Undecided: 5%

Trump Approval Rating

Approve: 53%
Disapprove: 44%
Undecided/Unsure: 3%

Moderator's notes: This turn will last until Monday Afternoon, at 3:30 PM Eastern Time. Make sure to PM me ASAP if you need an extension, preferably after you read this sentence. Extensions will be given for the requester and the requester only, not for the field at large, so if you need an extension, PM me.

This turn will last the month of October. Make sure to schedule your campaign accordingly.

Messaging is key! This turn will be all about setting up your ground game and building your coalition, so make sure to write your speeches/schedule accordingly! Speaking of which...

A schedule is required. You can post 20 speeches or no speeches, but what is required for you to post is your schedule. It doesn't have to be detailed, just give me a short description of each day's (or week's) events.

Advertisements: if you poll more than 15% nationally, you may run three advertisements. If you poll between 10% and 15%, you may run two advertisements, and if you poll below 10% but above 5%, then you can run one advertisement! Remember to diversify.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 08:26:13 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2018, 09:52:40 AM by New Tennessean Politician »

First Democratic Debate

CNN Debate

University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

October 11th, 2019

Wolf Blitzer: "Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the first of potentially many Democratic Debates between Former Vice President Joe Biden of Delaware, Senator Kamala Harris of California, Governor Steve Bullock of Montana, Mr. Jason Kander of Missouri, and Lawyer Micheal Avenatti of California. I'm your host Anderson Cooper of CNN. We want to thank the University of Pennsylvania for hosting this debate. We ask for all those in the Audience tonight to hold their applause and remain quiet for the Duration of their debate and respect each candidate as they answer. Now, let's start debating."

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wolf Blitzer: "And that will be the end of this debate. We again want to thank the University of Pennsylvania for hosting this debate. Thank you and Good Night.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 10:55:04 AM »

Joe Biden’s first endorsements

Today, at a rally in Des Moines Iowa, Former Secretary of State John Kerry endorsed Former President Joe Biden for the Democratic Nomination he said “My fellow Americans. Thank you all for coming. For the past four years, we have had a country in extreme turmoil. President Trump has been atrocious, and has completely divided this country. The leader we need is someone who can bring everyone in the country together. And I Believe me when I say this. Joe Biden is that man. I had the honor of working with Joe when he was in the senate. He was a fantastic senator. One of the greatest I knew. But not just in the senate. I had the privilege for four years of Serving as Secretary Of State alongside Joe, who was Vice President at the time. And if we elect Joe, we can fix the damage that President Trump has done to this wonderful country. So please, stand with us, and vote for Joe Biden!”

And, at a rally in Tennessee, Joe was endorsed by formber Vice President and 2000 Democratic Nominee, Al Gore. Gore stated “Joe Biden was one of the greatest Senators and one of the best Vice Presidents. He and Barack made this country a better place, and had a fantastic 8 years. Let’s have 8 more fantastic years; under the candidate who will truly bring this country back together. The candidate who looks to the future. Mr Joe Biden!”
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 01:15:46 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2018, 10:47:53 PM by Democrats for Knute Buehler »

Steve Bullock Debate Answers

1. I’m running as a unity candidate. For the past four years, partisanship at the national level has reached, quite frankly, unacceptable heights, as we saw in the 2018 midterms and the Kavanaugh nomination process, among others. As President, I will work to heal the partisan divide in Washington and get sensible, bipartisan legislation passed, just like in Montana - something the President and the Republican Congress have failed to do.

2. I would vote against that. While I support public safety for our current citizens, separating families at the border and diverting precious taxpayer money to build a wall is not a solution. America was built on immigration and frankly, it disgraces our country to even suggest the construction of this wall. As President, I will support paths to citizenship and assisting the newest, most vulnerable members of American society.

3. I was shocked by these allegations, anyone would be. But I was one of the first Democrats to call on Senator Booker to resign. Sexual assault of any kind is unacceptable and should not be tolerated in the United States Senate. We established this precedent with Al Franken and I was glad to see Senator Booker make the right choice here.

4. I believe that it is important to help Democratic candidates out in these races, to set the tone for a good year in 2020. I will personally campaign with Jim Hood, Andy Beshear, and John Bel Edwards this month, we all share similar views and value bipartisanship and compromise. But perhaps the most important seat up for election is New Jersey. To have a chance at retaking the Senate, and thus have a friendly Congress when we retake the presidency next year, we need to get Frank Pallone elected. I will try to make appearances in New Jersey to help him get elected.

5. I believe the Democratic message in 2018 was far too divisive on the whole, and Republicans took advantage to keep us shut out of government. Some examples of this include the clearly partisan-charged allegations of Julie Sweatnik. In 2020, I'll run on a bipartisan message of unity and fixing government, ideas that the majority of Americans support.

6. I stand against these groups, especially against their tactics. The solution to percieved problems is peaceful lobbying and debate, not disturbing the peace and harassing others. While their views on supremacist groups may have a little merit, they are discrediting their causes by their militant methods.

7. This is a hard one. My criteria for a running mate is someone who is experienced, 100% capable of becoming President on short notice, someone who can appeal to all wings of the Democratic party, and someone as willing as I am to focus on compromise and getting things done in Washington. That said, Governor Roy Cooper of North Catolina is one of my top choices, as well as Senator Jeff Merkley, Senator Sherrod Brown, Governor Tom Wolf and Governor Andrew Cuomo.

This is my first debate btw, just tried my best Tongue
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 01:26:00 PM »

Steve Bullock Schedule
October 1-8: Barnstorm across Iowa, hold town halls in Iowa City, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, Davenport, and Council Bluffs.
October 9-10, 12-14: Return to Montana for a rally with Senator Jon Tester. Conduct gubernatorial duties.
October 11: Debate in Pennsylvania
October 15-20: Campaigning in Nevada, town halls in Reno and Las Vegas.
October 21: Fly out to Lexington, KY for a campaign event with Gubernatorial candidate Andy Beshear.
October 22: Fly out to Jackson, MS for a campaign event with Gubernatorial candidate Jim Hood.
October 23: Campaign in New Orleans with John Bel Edwards
October 24-26: Campaign in Charleston, SC on common sense reforms eg. infrastructure
October 27-28: Campaign in Trenton with Frank Pallone.
October 29: Fly to New Hampshire, rest on the beach at Portsmouth
October 30-31: Campaign in New Hampshire, mostly in the Southeast. 
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 02:45:56 PM »

President Trump endorsements

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)

While in one of his opening re-election rallies in New Jersey to support the Republican candidate in the Senate Special Election in the state, Senator Ted Cruz, which survived a tough campaign against Fmr. Rep. Beto O'Rourke in the 2018 midterms; appeared at the event to give his support for President Trump's 2020 re-election campaign. In the words of Senator Cruz:

President Trump has proved himself to be one of the best Presidents in recent American history. His tireless work to keep our country free and secure should be celebrated by all Americans. We know that if the President is doing well, the country is also doing well. That's why I support the President's re-election campaign and his efforts to Keep America Safe, Keep America Strong and Keep America Great!

Governor Scott Walker (R-WI)

In another really near the newly opened Foxconn plant in Wisconsin, President Trump was endorsed by Governor Scott Walker in the event. Walker, which overcame his 4th election last year in a not-so-easy affair, praised President Trump's accomplishments in his last three years, and enthusiastically favored Donald Trump's re-election campaign. In an excerpt from Walker's speech:

During the last three years, ground breaking accomplishments have been made in America. Historic tax reform led to one of the best periods of economic growth in our country's history. Consumer confidence is at an all-time high, unemployment is at an all-time low; while in meantime the United States has secured its borders and its workers from unfair foreign competition. Judges which respect our constitutional values have been confirmed, and I have a distinct feeling that America has been made great again.

That's why I'm officially endorsing President Trump's 2020 re-election campaign. Thank you all, and goodnight Wisconsin, and goodnight America!
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 03:17:33 PM »

President Trump Schedule

October 2: Rally in New Jersey, support Republican candidate Dawn Marie Addiego (Announce Cruz endorsement)

October 3-5: Presidential Duties

October 6: Meeting with business leaders, fundraise

October 7: Rally in Wisconsin (Announce Walker endorsement)

October 8-14: Presidential Duties

October 15: Barnstorm, speak in Iowa

October 16: Protect American Workers event in Iowa

October 17-18: Presidential Duties

October 19-21: Fly to Florida, watch Wall vote. Golf.

October 22: Fly to Kentucky. Rally with Governor Bevin and Vice-President Pence in support of Bevin's re-election campaign.

October 23: Fly to Mississippi. Rally with Lt. Gov Tate Reeves in support of his election campaign.

October 24-26: Presidential Duties

October 27: Rally with Republican candidate in New Jersey, Dawn Marie Addiego, with Vice-President Pence.

October 28: Presidential Duties. Announcing Justice Department shuffle:

Attorney General: Trey Gowdy (To be confirmed by Senate)
Deputy AG: Noel Francisco (To be confirmed by Senate)
Solicitor General: Ken Cuccenelli (To be confirmed by Senate)

October 29: Fly to Florida. Golf.

October 30-31: Fly to Iowa. Campaign with Vice-President Pence. Barnstorm through West Iowa, rural areas, and Des Moines; Sioux City; Fort Dodge; Waterloo and Creston. Speech:

Vice-President Pence, a great man; a beautiful man; just so you know, has announced as you folks may already have heard that he won't run again as Vice-President because of the threats and horrible slander against his beautiful family. We have seen this before, haven't we? Just a year ago, the Democrats in Congress and elsewhere made horrible, horrible remarks against a brilliant and fine judge Brett Kavanaugh and his family. Horrible stuff. 

Now, everyone is saying that the Democrats are reforming, but I think we should be more careful, yeah? Remember 'Jobs, not Mobs?!' I think we should bring that back, yeah? What do you folks think? Its a great phrase, its all I can tell you right now. We should be more careful!

nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 09:43:48 PM »

Debate responses:

Question 1: It is not proven that Sweatnik's accusations are at all false, given that the White House has refused to start an investigation on the matter. Kavanaugh was only confirmed because Republicans control the Senate and a party with actual dignity would not have confirmed that person. As for 2018, Democrats only lost those elections because the Republicans rigged them, had the election been free and fair Democrats would have won in a landslide.

Question 2: Let it be known that I will never support funding for a border wall and will in fact work to abolish ICE if elected. We are ruining the lives of millions of immigrants daily and we need to take drastic action to improve this situation, otherwise their blood will be on the hands of America.

Question 3: I have been consistent on Sexual assault and I believe in zero tolerance of such a horrible practice. There is no place in the Senate for people like Cory Booker and he made the right choice to resign like he did.

Question 4: I wish Democrats the best of luck in any election, and they deserve the national attention they are getting, but we need to focus on New Jersey the most, as New Jersey will be absolutely vital to retaking the Senate in 2020.

Question 5: The midterms only went badly for Democrats because of Russian meddling and GOP voter suppression. As President I will work hard to massively improve our voting infrastructure and protect it from future attacks from hostile enemies in the future.

Question 6: While sometimes these groups get a little out of hand, they have a just cause. How are we supposed to stay silent when the Republicans are launching nonstop attacks on the media, our institutions, and every single woman and non-white in this country?

Question 7: Let me be clear, I would not choose a fake Democrat as my running mate, he or she would have to be a progressive fighter who would be absolutely able to take the role of President should disaster strike. That being siad, I think Senator Sherrod Brown would be my top choice, followed by Elizabeth Warren, Tammy Baldwin, Andrew Gillum, and finally Beto O'Rourke.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 12:27:43 AM »
« Edited: October 26, 2018, 12:31:48 AM by alancia »

Donald Trump presidential campaign, 2020

Campaign: Republican Primaries, 2020

Candidate: Donald Trump - President of the United States, 2017 - Incumbent

Affiliation: Republican Party

Announced: January 20th, 2017

October 2nd, 2019

Key People: Campaign Manager: Brad Parscale

Deputy Campaign Manager: Nick Ayers

Campaign Treasurer: Bradley Crate

National Press Spokeperson: Katrina Pierson

Military Advisor: Martha McSally

Senior Advisor: Rudy Giuliani

Senior Advisor: Chris Christie

Senior Strategist: Kellyane Conway

Slogans:

Keep America Great

Keep America Safe

Keep America Strong

Promises Made, Promises Kept

The Silent Majority stands with Trump

Key Locations:

National Headquarters: Trump Tower, New York City

Northeast HQ: Waterbury, CT

Midwest HQ: Milwaukee, WI

Southeast HQ: Atlanta, GA

Southwest HQ: Dallas, TX

Rocky HQ: Colorado Springs, CO

West HQ: Anaheim, CA

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 10:20:15 AM »

October 1st to 15th Campaign in Iowa
October 16-30th Campaign in New Hampshire
October 31st Event in Kander Campaign HQ for Halloween

To Mr. Kander: Mr. Kander, despite your loss in 2016, you are still quite popular among the party but the question remains. In 2018, you dropped out of the Kansas City Mayoral Race stating that you were suffering from PTSD and didn't want to hide it anymore. People are concerned about the idea of a President suffering from PTSD being too unstable under so much stress. Have you recovered from your situation?
I have recovered and frankly if I didn't recover from PTSD, I wouldn't run for President

To All Candidates: As you know, a Vote will be held on Federal Funding for the Wall in eight days. If you were there, in Congress, how would you vote and what would be the reasoning behind your vote?

I would vote NAY because it won't work, I don't believe in it and the builders will be illegals

To All Candidates: If you recall, a few months ago, then Senator Cory Booker was revealed to have Sexually Assaulted a Gay Man years ago and resigned due to that. What was your immediate reaction to these revelations?

I am glad that resigned and Cory Booker shouldn't of done that

To All Candidates: Next Month, the 2019 Elections in New Jersey, Mississippi, Kentucky, and Louisiana will take place and they are a bellwether for the outcomes in the Elections the following year. How much focus will you put on these elections and what would be the most important state you focus on?

All of them,
To All Candidates: If you recall, last year, the Democrats came 4 seats short of retaking the house, didn't pick up any Governor Mansions, and lost 5 Seats in the Senate. Why do you think the midterms went so horribly for Democrats and how will you try to mend that in 2020 to win?

Because the Republicans rigged them and I've met voters who were out of the voting list before

To All Candidates: All across the country, Republicans and Conservatives are being attacked by groups like ANTIFA and BAM with little reaction from the Media and the Democratic Party, though House Minority Leader Tim Ryan has denounced both organizations. How do you stand on these activist groups and their over-aggressive tactics?

I denounce these groups

To All Candidates: Vice President Mike Pence will not be on the Ticket this year for Donald Trump should he get renominated by the Republican Party in August, stating that he will want to be with his family to be able to protect them from extreme attacks by groups I mentioned in my previous question. On the topic of Vice Presidents, who would your be top 5 choices for a Running Mate and please state why you think they will be your best choices.

It's a hard choice but for now, 1. Maggie Hassan, 2. Kristen Sinnina 3. Representative Ann Kirkpatrick 4. Tina Smith 5. Tammy Baldwin
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 11:04:15 PM »

Republican Debate 1

Welcome to the first Republican Presidental nomination here on CNN I’m Anderson Cooper and we are live here in the Amway Center here in Orlando Florida

Meet the candidates President Donald Trump and his challenger former Ohio Governor John Kasich

Questions to President Trump
1.You may be wildly popular with the Republican Party but there are still Republicans who are still skeptical of your leadership. How do you plan on winning with them in your bid for re-election?

2.A recent CNN poll has you at your highest approval point in your administration’s history so far with about 54% approval how do you plan on keeping that?

3.With the United States reaching 20 trillion dollars in debt and with the vote on the funding for the wall would add more to the large debt to the list. How can you be sure that that won’t happen?

4.With Mike Pence not returning to the ticket. What is your idea replacement and how can you make sure it’s won that can over your die hard supporters and your critics?

To Governor Kasich
1.You have several times said that you have been in favor of some gun control legislature such as a new Assault Weapon Ban and universal background checks of course with the 2nd deadliest mass shooting in American history at Pulse Nightclub here in Orlando. With President Trump and his supporters who have been very much been very pro 2nd ammedent and with President Trump speaking at the NRA conventions for the last few years how can you make sure you are pro 2nd amendment?

2.You have been criticized as a RINO by Trump and his supporters and not conservative enough to be the leader of the Republican Party. How can you respond to that?

3:With the vote soon for the US Mexico wall soon how would a President Kasich deal with the wall and what would he add or remove to it?

4.A lot of Republicans worry that you will run as a independent if you don’t get the Republican nomination? Will you support President Trump if he is once again the Republican nominee?

General questions

1.A nonpartisan study shows that the debt in the United States could reach 30 million by 2026 and that the US would have to cut Medicare and Medicaid and Social Security to get out of it. How would you save Social Security and Medicare and Caid

2.Tensions are rising again in Crimea between the Russian and the Ukrainian this time it is more dangerous and serious. As President how would you deal with that?

3.Its been about 20 years since we last had a balenced federal budget and a recent poll shows Americans are in favor of a federal balance budget. How you plan on doing that?

Closing Comments:

I’m Anderson Cooper and thank you are watching h Debate Night in Amercia

Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 06:48:16 PM »

Kamala Harris Announcement Speech-San Francisco, California

"For the past four years, our nation has suffered under the Trump administration. Our economy suffers, minorities that should be protected are not protected, and the country is more divided than it's been in a long time. It's time for a candidate with progressive values to fix it. I am that candidate which is why I am declaring my candidacy for President of the United States."
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 09:51:25 PM »

Michael Avenatti Schedule:
October 1st-5th: Campaign in Iowa, barnstorming and holding town halls all across the state.
October 6th-10th: Fly to New Hampshire and campaign extensively there, holding rallies and town halls.
October 11th: Debate
October 12th: Return to California for a rally and a speech:

"Democrats, we face a decision. Either we choose someone who will stand up to the Republicans and fight for the people or we choose a "moderate" who will call for "compromise" with people whose beliefs threaten every single one of you. That's why I'm the true progressive outsider in this race, not Kamala Harris. Kamala Harris in fact, supports failed "Tough-on-Crime" policies that have lead to large amounts of police brutality all across our nation. She also is an opponent of legalizing marijuana, despite such measures passing in many states last year. Does that sound like a progressive to you? It sure doesn't to me. That's why I am a proud defender of the Black Lives Matter movement and will pass massive criminal justice reform within 100 days of taking office. I will work to make sure every single American, no matter where they come from, is able to live without fear of law enforcement coming to their house and shooting them. Thank you, and good night!"

October 13th-18th: Fly to South Carolina to campaign extensively.
October 19th-26th: Fly back to New Hampshire (this time mostly in urban areas) for more campaigning in that state.
October 27th-31st: Fly to Iowa for another 4 days of campaigning, on a message of being an outsider.

alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2018, 01:52:00 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2018, 01:56:07 AM by alancia »

Trump debate responses

Well, I think the accomplishments speak for themselves. We've had wonderful, wonderful accomplishments during the last 3 years; its truly beautiful. We've had historic tax reform, a tremendous victory in the Midterms last year, outstanding economic growth, and two fine new justices on our Supreme Court. I think, for these Republicans that are still unsure about my re-election, they should look at our successes, they really should.

I think there's two big, big reasons as for that. First, the Russian witch hunt was exposed as the complete and total lie that it was, and the fact that America is now great again. You see, people are seeing, that we're having tremendous job numbers, people are confident in the future of our country  once again, and America is now stronger than ever before during the last administration. We made America great again, we really did, and the great people of this country know this.

I think the best solution to our debt problem is to cut with the huge waste going on in the Federal Government. There's some really bad stuff there, there really is, and though my administration was successful in ending some of the bad stuff going on there, we aren't done yet. We will continue our policy of ending the ridiculous spending going on in the Government, and our debt will be under control, and our country will be financially secure.

As for the wall, I don't think it'll make much of a difference. We have some programs that we spend much more on that our wall, and we aren't talking about cutting them, yeah? I think it'll balance itself out with our great economic growth we're having.

Vice-President Pence was and is such a great Vice-President, its a shame we can't have him on the ticket again, a real shame. I think my ideal replacement would be someone like our Vice-President, one that actively supports the efforts of our administration around the country, and supports our work of Making and Keeping America Great.

My next Vice-President will be someone that supports our efforts of Keeping America Great, which in the end, is working for the people of this nation no matter what background. To Make America Great is to make everyone great.

I think any real discussion of cutting back Social Security, and Medicare, and all these programs is really not useful, right? I mean, in 2016 I ran as the only Republican that promised not to cut Social Security and I achieved that promise, I did. We should - as I said before, by the way - look for ways to cut any waste going in Government spending and to make it more efficient. That's the way we should go, not get ourselves into a discussion of cuts or no cuts or whatever.

With the worsening situation in Crimea, we should definitely be more watchful. My administration has made great progress in making sure that the situation between Ukraine and Russia doesn't escalate, and I believe we should continue our policies in Eastern Europe. I am a big believer in diplomacy, as I showed with our tremendous progress with North Korea, but we must not let Ukraine fall.

I think a Balanced Federal Budget could make sense, yeah. If I win, I will encourage the efforts to discuss and add a  Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S Constitution, to see if its right for a majority of Americans, and secure our financial future as a nation and as a people. Democrats, if they win, won't do that, they won't.  

We have made so much progress over the last 3 years, so much progress. Despite many attempted setbacks by our opponents and rivals, our great and beautiful movement has survived all of its sabotages aimed at it. We have made America powerful again, we have made America strong again, and yes, we have Made America Great Again.

Our movement, the American movement, is still in its early stages, but we have accomplished so much, we have accomplished so much beautiful things... Its my intention to keep it that way. To Keep America Great Again, and to Keep America Safe, and to Keep America Strong. Our nation, and our people, stand at the crossroads between success or incompetence, the top or weakness. Let me tell you, our second term will be even more fabulous, outstanding and unbelievable than our first one. Believe me.

Thank you for hosting this debate. Thank you, and good night!
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2018, 07:54:58 AM »

Kamala Harris Withdrawal Speech

"After discussing it with my family, I have decided to withdraw from the Presidential race in order to continue to serve the people of California in the Senate. I will not offering an endorsement at this time. Thank you."
pops
katman46

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: 4.00

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2018, 10:35:51 PM »

Zephyr Teachout Campaign Itinerary
October 1st - Announcement in Queens, NY
October 2nd-5th - Campaigning in NYC
October 6th-15th - Campaigning in Massachusetts
October 16th-20th - Campaigning in Rhode Island
October 21st-25th - Campaigning in Connecticut
October 22nd-31st Campaigning in Maine
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 02:10:26 PM »

Turn II

November 1st-30th, 2019

Wall Funding passes Congress, Construction to begin on November 9th

The vote passed the Senate 57-43 and the House 221-214, strictly on Partisan lines, with only Senator Manchin voting in favor of the Wall. Construction on the wall to begin on November 9th

2019 Elections on November 5th

The states of Mississippi, Kentucky, and Louisiana will hold their gubernatorial elections while the state of New Jersey will hold it's Special Senate Election. Currently, Kentucky is Likely GOP, Mississippi is Lean GOP, New Jersey is Pure Toss-Up, and Louisiana is Lean DEM. How the Presidential Candidates could effect this is unknown.

West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin Home sent package containing Ricin; Culprit far left progressive activist James Hegde; Joe Manchin says no more to the Democratic Party

On October, 21st, 2 days after voting on the Border Wall's funding, the home of West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin received a package containing Ricin. Thankfully, the package was confiscated before the Senator or his family could open it, with the return address leading to far left progressive activist James Hegde who stated "He needs to die for helping with the downfall of America!" Senator Joe Manchin stated no more and said "I am sick and tired of the Democrats, especially people like Avenatti and Holder who demand violence against anyone for voting a certain way. It's clear that the party no longer represents the values that I do." before announcing his switch over to the Republican Party, giving the Republicans a 57-43 Majority in the Senate and costing the Democrats any chance of retaking the chamber of Congress in November of 2020.

Gowdy, Francisco, and Cuccenelli confirmed by Senate

Following the retirement of Attorney General Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein, President Trump had decided to place his Nominees for the replacements and a replacement for a position that would be Vacated. Former US Representative from South Carolina Trey Gowdy, as well as Solicitor General Noel Francisco will replace Sessions and Rosenstein respectfully and former Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli is to replace Noel Francisco as Solicitor General. All have been confirmed by the Senate, thus allowing them to take their positions quickly.

Andrew Scheer wins Canadian Election

Conservative Party Leader Andrew Scheer won the Canadian Election by a good margin, with 45.31% of the vote and getting 107 more seats in the process, bringing them to 204 Seats in the House of Commons with the Liberal Party, led by Justin Trudeau, going down to 80 Seats, having lost seats to the other parties, though they are still considered a major party in Canada

Bob Mueller: There was no interference or Voter Fraud in 2018 Midterms

The accusations that there were hacking in the 2018 Midterms by the Russians, a theory brought up by Democratic Presidential Candidate Micheal Avenatti in the Democratic Debate, has been shot down by Bob Mueller, who did an investigation into the idea from Late December 2018 to Early February 2019. Avenatti has yet to respond on the issue.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Age: 87) has Cancer, says retirement likely if Condition gets worse, President Trump has yet to comment

News that could help stir the Democrats turnout for the General Election has come out with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has Cancer and has stated that if her condition gets worse, she'll retire. While the President has yet to comment on a possible replacement if she retires, the Democrats could be able to pick up steam in their polls if they are able to capitalize on this issue at the right time.

Congress to vote on Birthright Citizenship on November 23rd

Another issue that the Dems could use to their advantage is the vote that will be held on whether or not Birthright Citizenship should be maintained in the Country. Should the Democrats target this issue just right, they will be able to get their base riled up and ready for a battle.

Republicans Nationally:

Donald Trump: 83%
John Kasich: 12%

With John Kasich seemingly absent from the race during the month of October, President Trump has been seemingly unchallenged as he continues to lead Kasich by a large margin. With the President getting free air time due to Kasich being a no show to the Republican Debate as well, it seems that Kasich could likely lose unless he begins campaigning immediately.

Democrats Nationally:

Joe Biden: 21%
Micheal Avenatti: 17%
Steve Bullock: 17%
Jason Kander: 16%
Undecided: 29%

Following Senator Kamala Harris of California suddenly dropping out of the Democratic Primary, it seems that most of her supporters went to Mr. Avenatti, though it's likely that Bullock could pull an upset against him. With Biden seemingly absent for the month of October, Kander, Bullock, and Avenatti have been able to increase their name recognition and thus their chances of winning, though Biden's chances of winning remain with his two endorsements from former Secretary of State John Kerry and Former Vice President and 2000 Democratic Presidential Nominee Al Gore, which could help him in several states.

General Election Polling:

President Donald Trump: 47%
Generic Democrat: 39%
Zephyr Teachout: 4%
Austin Peterson: 1%
Undecided: 9%

Generic Republican: 42%
Generic Democrat: 40%
Zephyr Teachout: 6%
Austin Peterson: 4%
Undecided: 8%

Trump Approval Rating

Approve: 50%
Disapprove: 45%
Undecided/Unsure: 5%

Moderators Notes: This turn will last until Wednesday Afternoon, at 3:30 PM Eastern Time. (extension because voting day is in 5 days) Make sure to PM me ASAP if you need an extension, preferably after you read this sentence. Extensions will be given for the requester and the requester only, not for the field at large, so if you need an extension, PM me.

This turn will last the month of November. Make sure to schedule your campaign accordingly.

Messaging is key! This turn will be all about setting up your ground game and building your coalition, so make sure to write your speeches/schedule accordingly! Speaking of which...

A schedule is required. You can post 20 speeches or no speeches, but what is required for you to post is your schedule. It doesn't have to be detailed, just give me a short description of each day's (or week's) events.

Advertisements: if you poll more than 15% nationally, you may run three advertisements. If you poll between 10% and 15%, you may run two advertisements, and if you poll below 10% but above 5%, then you can run one advertisement! Remember to diversify.

There will be No Debates this turn for any party.

State Polls and 2019 Election Polls will come in a few.

Once turn is finished, I will do short segment on Election day in 2019 and feature CNN and the results of the night before starting Turn 3.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 02:20:57 PM »

State Polls:

Republicans:

Iowa:

Trump: 76%
Kasich: 15%

New Hampshire:

Trump: 57%
Kasich: 36%
Undecided: 7%

South Carolina:

Trump: 87%
Kasich: 10%
Undecided: 3%

Nevada:

Trump: 62%
Kasich: 30%
Undecided: 8%

Democrats:

Iowa:

Bullock: 22%
Biden: 20%
Kander: 18%
Avenatti: 10%
Undecided: 30%

New Hampshire:

Biden: 27%
Avenatti: 19%
Bullock: 13%
Kander: 10%
Undecided: 31%

Nevada:

Biden: 26%
Avenatti: 22%
Bullock: 19%
Kander: 14%
Undecided: 19%

South Carolina:

Kander: 24%
Biden: 20%
Bullock: 19%
Avenatti: 13%
Undecided: 24%
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 02:38:23 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2018, 02:44:11 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

2019 Elections Polls (November 1st-6th)

Kentucky Gubernatorial

Matt Bevin (R)*: 61%
Ben Chandler (D): 34%

Rating: LIKELY REPUBLICAN

Louisiana Gubernatorial (Current)

John Bel Edwards (D)*: 48%
John Kennedy (R): 32%
Ralph Abraham (R): 13%

Possibility of Run Off: LIKELY

Current Rating: LEAN DEMOCRAT

Louisiana Gubernatorial (Run-Off)

John Bel Edwards (D)*: 47%/51%
John Kennedy/Ralph Abraham (R): 45%/42%
Undecided: 8%/7%

Run Off Rating: PURE TOSS-UP/LIKELY DEMOCRAT

Mississippi Gubernatorial

Tate Reeves (R): 49%
Jim Hood (D): 42%

Rating: LEAN REPUBLICAN

New Jersey Senate (Special)

Sheila Oliver (D)*: 47%
Dawn Marie Addiego (R): 46%

Rating: PURE TOSS-UP
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 03:05:37 PM »

Steve Bullock Schedule
November 1: Campaign in New Hampshire.
November 2-3: Fly in to Mississippi to campaign with Jim Hood, touting moderate credentials as well.
November 4: Campaign with John Bel Edwards in Baton Rouge and southeastern Louisiana.
November 5: Election day rally in New Jersey. Attend Sen. Oliver's victory party.
November 6-13: Barnstorm and town halls in South Carolina, focus on Greenville, Columbia, and Charleston.
November 14-17: Gubernatorial duties.
November 18-23: Barnstorm and town halls in Nevada.
November 24-30: Barnstorm and town halls in Iowa.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2018, 03:16:36 PM »

umm... Andy Beashar is running and Bevin isn't leading by 20 points
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2018, 03:51:18 PM »

umm... Andy Beashar is running and Bevin isn't leading by 20 points

1. Post this in the OOC Thread
2. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_gubernatorial_election,_2019 look at the Potential Candidates for the Dems. Just because Beshear is running doesn't mean he'll get the Nomination
3. A lot could happen between now and November 2019, with Bevin doing stuff Kentuckians approve of more and more plus Trump campaigning for him could help his poll numbers
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2018, 07:45:44 PM »

Campaign Schedule for Kander

Campaigning for Hood

November 1st to 6th

Campaigning in New Hampshire

November 1st to 5th

Campaigning in Nevada

November 6th to 15th

Campaigning in Iowa

November 16th to 25th

Campaigning in South Carolina

November 26th to 30th
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2018, 02:00:52 PM »

November 1st to 15th: campaign  in New Hampshire
November 16th to 30th: campaign in Nevada
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2018, 04:20:30 PM »

President Trump Schedule

November 1-2: Travel to New Jersey, rally with Republican Senate Candidate, Dawn Marie Addiego

November 3: Travel to Louisiana, barnstorm with John Kennedy in support of his candidacy.

November 4: Travel to Mississippi, barnstorm with Tate Reeves with Vice-President Pence, go back to Louisiana to rally with Kennedy.

November 5: Closing rally in New Jersey with Addiego, watch the election night.

November 6-7: Presidential Duties

November 8: Travel to Florida, rest. Golf.

November 9-11: Fly to New Hampshire, barnstorm through the state. Have small meetings in Nashua, Concord, Manchester, Brattleboro and Henniker.

Announce the endorsement of Fmr. Senator Jim Webb

"You see what has happened with Manchin, people. The Radical Mob-like Democrats are angry that they lost in the midterms. I wouldn't blame them, really; but you have to ask what the hell is going on when they send these death packages to Senators. There's something really, really bad going on, there is. Frankly, its very disgusting.

That's why so many Democrats are abandoning the party that doesn't recognize them anymore. One of these people, one of the best people really, is Senator Jim Webb. Which I'm proud to introduce to you folks now. Webb recognizes that the path to Keeping America Great is to continue to have faith in our nation, in our traditions, and in our families, and that's why he's endorsing me once again for this election. Thank you folks."

November 11-13: Presidential Duties

November 14-17: Fly to Nevada, barnstorm and hold meetings in Carson City, Reno, Fallon, Elko,  and rally in Las Vegas.

November 18-19: Travel to Florida. Rest.

November 20-22: Fly to South Carolina, meet with voters in rural parts of the state. Barnstorm through Anderson, Williamston and Greenville. Rally in Charleston.

November 23-24: Presidential Duties. Watch birthright citizenship vote.

November 25-29: Travel to Iowa. Barnstorm through the eastern parts of the state; Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City. Rally in Decorah.

November 30: Travel to Nevada. Rally in Reno with House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

Announce the endorsement of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy

"Today I'm proud to announce the endorsement of a very special person. He's supported our Make America Great Again agenda in Congress against Democrats and RINO Republicans. He has shown commitment to the cause of Keeping America Great, and Keeping America Safe and Strong. Speaker McCarthy is a brilliant and amazing person, and his endorsement will help our movement in ways we have never seen before. Thank you folks, thank you for making this possible"
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies