SD-Mason Dixon: Tie
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:15:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  SD-Mason Dixon: Tie
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: SD-Mason Dixon: Tie  (Read 3101 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2018, 03:47:31 PM »

Nice to see a moderate, pro-life Dem doing well. He's got quite the life story, too.

Oh GROSS

What is wrong with a pro-life Democrat. Must all be Democrats be pro-choice? If he were pro-choice, I doubt he would be doing this well in the polls.

I don't have a problem with him being pro-life as long as it doesn't seep into how he governs.

That's the ideal stance of anybody who self-identifies as pro-life. I call it the Tim Kaine compromise-being personally pro-life but simultaneously understanding that reproductive rights are an important part of female autonomy. There is room for this type of governance in the Democratic Party and remains distinct from anti-choice pusuits like we see from the GOP.

That's not a compromise stance. That's called being pro-choice.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2018, 06:35:37 PM »

Nice to see a moderate, pro-life Dem doing well. He's got quite the life story, too.

Oh GROSS

What is wrong with a pro-life Democrat. Must all be Democrats be pro-choice? If he were pro-choice, I doubt he would be doing this well in the polls.

I don't have a problem with him being pro-life as long as it doesn't seep into how he governs.

That's the ideal stance of anybody who self-identifies as pro-life. I call it the Tim Kaine compromise-being personally pro-life but simultaneously understanding that reproductive rights are an important part of female autonomy. There is room for this type of governance in the Democratic Party and remains distinct from anti-choice pusuits like we see from the GOP.

That's not a compromise stance. That's called being pro-choice.

It kind of is. The difference is one separating their personal view from their policy view.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies