Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 17, 2019, 09:20:16 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Be sure to enable your "Ultimate Profile" for even more goodies on your profile page!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  Election Archive
| | |-+  All Archived Boards
| | | |-+  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderator: Brittain33)
| | | | |-+  CA-PPIC: Newsom +11
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CA-PPIC: Newsom +11  (Read 664 times)
Interlocutor
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

View Profile Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2018, 03:02:42 am »

PPIC poll (Oct 12-21,  last poll was Sept 9-18)

Governor
Gavin Newsom:         49%   (-2)
John Cox:                 38%    (-1)
Undecided/No vote:   12%   (+2)

#NewsomUnder50 (Getting that out of the way)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:18:56 pm by Interlocutor »Logged
wbrocks67
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 05:59:57 am »

What is it with CA that their polls are consistently wonky? Is it that hard to poll?
Never Gabbard
Ishan
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 06:16:42 am »

What is it with CA that their polls are consistently wonky? Is it that hard to poll?
CA is big

Bevinevitable
IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.70

P P

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 08:34:54 am »

Junk poll!

Well, Cox might get 38%.

Joni Ernst 20∞
IndyRep
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 08:55:41 am »

Cox is only losing because Trump is president/Trumpism. In a Clinton midterm, this would have flipped because Clinton midterm.

populist neoliberal elitist corporatist polarized record levels polarization elastic inelastic elasticity inelasticity college-educated fiscally conservative socially liberal moderate reasonable wwc

Countdown timer to Joni Ernst's victory speech
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -2.61

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 09:58:29 am »

Junk poll!

Well, Cox might get 38%.
Do you say this about every poll you don't like. If anyone had looked at the crosstabs they would have said that the Emerson poll was junk and the USC/LA Times poll was done over a month so that should have also been called junk as well, but it wasn't because Newsom was up by 20.

This was done by the Public Policy Institute of California, which is basically the best polling company for California. To call it junk is like calling the Marquette poll of Wisconsin junk.

Anyways from looking at all these California polls NPP voters are all over the place, which makes me think that they are hard to poll, because some might not be as Independent as you might believe.

Member of the Meadowlark Party in Fremont

“Unemployment insurance is a pre-paid vacation for freeloaders.”
― Ronald Reagan

“In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem. It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
― Ronald Reagan
Bevinevitable
IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 10:26:24 am »

Junk poll!

Well, Cox might get 38%.
Do you say this about every poll you don't like. If anyone had looked at the crosstabs they would have said that the Emerson poll was junk and the USC/LA Times poll was done over a month so that should have also been called junk as well, but it wasn't because Newsom was up by 20.

This was done by the Public Policy Institute of California, which is basically the best polling company for California. To call it junk is like calling the Marquette poll of Wisconsin junk.

Anyways from looking at all these California polls NPP voters are all over the place, which makes me think that they are hard to poll, because some might not be as Independent as you might believe.

Well, we'll see in 12 days. But something tells me you probably don't want to die on the "Newsom only wins by 11 points" hill, lol.

By the way, PPIC also said Obama would win California by 12 points when he won it by 23, so it would hardly be insane and unprecedented for them to have a big miss.

Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -2.61

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 10:29:21 am »

Junk poll!

Well, Cox might get 38%.

Well, we'll see in 12 days. But something tells me you probably don't want to die on the "Newsom only wins by 11 points" hill, lol.

By the way, PPIC also said Obama would win California by 12 points when he won it by 23, so it would hardly be insane and unprecedented for them to have a big miss.
It's called undecideds. I doubt he only wins by 11. Again it's called undecideds. If 2/3 go to Newsom he still wins by like 16-17.

Member of the Meadowlark Party in Fremont

“Unemployment insurance is a pre-paid vacation for freeloaders.”
― Ronald Reagan

“In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem. It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
― Ronald Reagan
Bevinevitable
IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 10:33:19 am »

Junk poll!

Well, Cox might get 38%.

It's called undecideds. I doubt he only wins by 11. Again it's called undecideds. If 2/3 go to Newsom he still wins by like 16-17.

Well yeah, that's what I said in my initial post. It wouldn't surprise me if Cox got 38%.

Lou Barletta's Teeth
PittsburghSteel
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 12:34:43 am »

"Soft Tilt D" -Bagel, probably

Prolocutor Bagel23
Bagel23
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 03:16:25 pm »

"Soft Tilt D" -Bagel, probably

What are you talking about? Safe D, nothing to see here.

I'm a Southern Blue-Dog Democrat... one of the few still left...

#FDT

Proud Member of the Federalist party in Atlasia.

#WalkAwayFromDesantis
Zyzz
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2018, 03:27:03 pm »

#NewsonUnder50
#CaliforniaGoingBackToIt'sReaganiteRoots

President Johnson
YaBB God
Germany

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 04:07:06 am »

Either this race is really closer than expected or these polls are complete nuts. The latter seems more likely. Newsom should break 60%.

Pragmatic Democrat. Socially liberal, economically/fiscally moderate.

Favorite president: Lyndon B. Johnson
Best president we never had: Nelson Rockefeller

TL: The liberal Republic

STEVE BULLOCK FOR PRESIDENT 2020!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout