MI EPIC-MRA: Stabenow +7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:23:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MI EPIC-MRA: Stabenow +7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI EPIC-MRA: Stabenow +7  (Read 2497 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 25, 2018, 05:50:15 PM »

Why does Michigan have so many bad polling companies?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 06:01:42 PM »

I see your laughable election night analysis of the Alabama Senate race has taught you nothing. Least of all circumspection or shame.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 06:16:37 PM »

The surge is real. I'm from Michigan and was at the James rally. 4,000 people there and 6,000 rsvped . The lead is down to single digits right now and that's if you believe the polls. The race is close to margin of error right now. I don't know anyone voting for Stabenow besides 2 people who always vote dem all the swing voters I know are voting for James. James ads are working. Stabenows negatives are up big time

Want to put money on it? Honest question. I'll put up a contract on predictit giving you 8 to 1 odds
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 10:49:28 AM »

The surge is real. I'm from Michigan and was at the James rally. 4,000 people there and 6,000 rsvped . The lead is down to single digits right now and that's if you believe the polls. The race is close to margin of error right now. I don't know anyone voting for Stabenow besides 2 people who always vote dem all the swing voters I know are voting for James. James ads are working. Stabenows negatives are up big time

Want to put money on it? Honest question. I'll put up a contract on predictit giving you 8 to 1 odds

Arrogance isn't the best kind of response.

Nor is sanctimoniousness. And that says nothing whatsoever about the pure irony ore content of your own post.

BTW, there was nothing arrogant about my post. An 8 to 1 odds offer in this case is a ready source of earning money. What you blithely refer to as arrogance was a flat-out moneymaker for me.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 05:30:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

At least I've battle tested my model. It's made two wrong calls in recent elections.

VA for Trump, and the Alabama senate race.

It went 49-1 in the Trump election with correct calls for MN (Hillary), MI (Trump), PA (Trump), WI (Trump).

The only races it's miscalled are races where there is a large lead that gets turned over at the very end. And that's because the safety margin is not quite large enough.

The fix is rather easy, expand the margins to 1/2x, and make sure that the margin clears and stays over that line rather than bouncing right at the edge. And/or, hold off on calling tossups until 75 percent are in. 

Feel free to supply your own model and we'll see how it does in these senate elections. Smiley

Having an incorrect model as one thing. Being blindingly obstinate about all facts and evidence to the contrary because it goes against your precious model, which is exactly what you did the night of the Alabama senate election, is wholly another thing.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 06:42:55 PM »

Arrogance isn't the best kind of response.

Nor is sanctimoniousness. And that says nothing whatsoever about the pure irony ore content of your own post.

BTW, there was nothing arrogant about my post. An 8 to 1 odds offer in this case is a ready source of earning money. What you blithely refer to as arrogance was a flat-out moneymaker for me.

What I meant by arrogance is that you so casually dismiss the arguments that other people put forth.

Yes, I readily and casually disregard arguments others put forth when their arguments are utter drek. It's called intelligence, not arrogance.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 06:46:26 PM »

They will both lose, but if Robert O'Rourke had John James's biography and James had O'Rourke's slobbering media obsession, they would both win
What is with your O'Rourke derangement syndrome?
He's basically the drunk, violent, and spoiled prep schooler you guys spent months pretending Brett Kavanaugh was

Yes, a DUI and jumping the fence at a high school pool is completely analogous to sexual assault. Good call.

Plus there's the little thing of being able to acknowledge and repent from one's younger if your behavior. Something Kavanaugh has shown no inclination 4, because people like you will Embrace him, sexual batterer or not.

And before you complain how unfair that an accusation that is, please recall that a majority of Republicans polled supported Kavanaugh being confirmed even if the allegations against him proved true. Only 1/3 opposed that position. It is very clear which column you are in, which rob you any sort of moral authority to pass judgment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies