GA-NBC/Marist: Kemp +1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:17:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  GA-NBC/Marist: Kemp +1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: GA-NBC/Marist: Kemp +1  (Read 2602 times)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2018, 08:30:25 AM »

Stop polling Georgia. We know it's just going to be a tie or Kemp +1-2 every time.
Yes, I'm ready for some polls of Ohio.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2018, 08:35:39 AM »

R+1 = Lean R
D+5 = Tossup

Huh
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2018, 07:24:52 PM »

Blacks only made up 25% of the LIKELY VOTERS polled for this and Abrams will easily clear 90% of the black vote. Trash.
I don't see how Kemp clears 40% with 18-29s, either.

It's nice to see her breaking 40% with non-college and 60 and up, though.

But isn't it possible if the poll is off by showing a higher than likely level of support among blacks for kemp, that it could likewise be wrong by showing a higher level of support among whites and Youth for Abrams than really exists?
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2018, 07:27:33 PM »

Blacks only made up 25% of the LIKELY VOTERS polled for this and Abrams will easily clear 90% of the black vote. Trash.

But isn't it possible if the poll is off by showing a higher than likely level of support among blacks for kemp, that it could likewise be wrong by showing a higher level of support among whites and Youth for Abrams than really exists?
Kemp is running a campaign that would be suitable for the Georgia of 20 years ago.  Abrams is running a campaign that is suitable for the Georgia that is to come.  She's also reaching out to 18-29s and treating them as if they have issues that need to be addressed.  I don't think Kemp is as youth-focused as she is.  Also, "white" in Georgia doesn't mean the gun-toting hick like it used to.  It also means the business executive in Marietta, the lawyer in Lawrenceville, or the news anchor in Columbus.  Not to mention a lot of whites from the Northeast, Midwest, and (a small smattering from) the West Coast are pouring into Metro Atlanta as well as some of the micro-cities.

Perhaps other Georgia posters can enlighten me on that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2018, 07:39:18 PM »

Kemp is running a campaign that would be suitable for the Georgia of 20 years ago.  Abrams is running a campaign that is suitable for the Georgia that is to come.  She's also reaching out to 18-29s and treating them as if they have issues that need to be addressed.  I don't think Kemp is as youth-focused as she is.  Also, "white" in Georgia doesn't mean the gun-toting hick like it used to.  It also means the business executive in Marietta, the lawyer in Lawrenceville, or the news anchor in Columbus.  Not to mention a lot of whites from the Northeast, Midwest, and (a small smattering from) the West Coast are pouring into Metro Atlanta as well as some of the micro-cities.

Perhaps other Georgia posters can enlighten me on that.

All true. However, I think the most important words in your post are "the Georgia that is to come. I fear that the state just isn't there yet. Though if for no other reason camps Shameless voter suppression tactics and, above all, it's patently unfair 50% + 1 runoff rule, is going to stop her.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies