2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:24:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 80
Author Topic: 2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 167376 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: May 15, 2019, 04:55:04 PM »

Ortiz Jones narrowly lost, but:

Polls predicted her to lose badly (Upshot)
Hispanic turnout in Texas was a weak spot for Dems in 2018, it cost a state senate seat and probably Beto’s win.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1126 on: May 15, 2019, 10:44:29 PM »

Maybe Beto will endorse Ortiz Jones this time.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1127 on: May 15, 2019, 11:21:02 PM »

Btw did Beto win the Bexar portion of Texas 23rd? I vaguely remember that Hillary lost it by 2 while Hurd won it by like 15 points in 2016 but obviously did worse in the rurals because of Gallego.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1128 on: May 16, 2019, 10:55:45 PM »

I feel Ortiz Jones' loss was a disappointing performance even if the polls were bad as the seat was very close in 2016 and Clinton won it, it should have absolutely flipped in 2018.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1129 on: May 17, 2019, 08:51:55 AM »

LOL

UncleSam

« Reply #1130 on: May 17, 2019, 08:56:57 AM »

LOL

Is Schwartz considered abnormally weak?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1131 on: May 17, 2019, 09:04:16 AM »

LOL

Is Schwartz considered abnormally weak?

I don't think so, but I also think this is a district that Trump will not carry again, nor one that the GOP should fight hard in during 2020.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1132 on: May 17, 2019, 09:07:36 AM »

Schwartz is better than Tarkanian at least.

That said, I think NV-03 will stay in Democrats' hands.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1133 on: May 17, 2019, 09:25:08 AM »

Eastman seems like she’s looking for a rematch:

Also really hilarious the amount of people who think she was the one who blew the race.
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #1134 on: May 17, 2019, 09:26:04 AM »

Hard pass.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1135 on: May 17, 2019, 11:42:59 AM »

Also really hilarious the amount of people who think she was the one who blew the race.

Err...that's because she did
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1136 on: May 17, 2019, 12:09:45 PM »

Err...that's because she did

What I meant was that the blame should go to her when the DCCC triaged the seat.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1137 on: May 20, 2019, 01:37:50 PM »

Golden running for reelection. This is like the 6th most 2016 Republican district and like the 3rd most Trumpy district that a Democrat currently holds.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1138 on: May 20, 2019, 01:40:47 PM »

Golden running for reelection. This is like the 6th most 2016 Republican district and like the 3rd most Trumpy district that a Democrat currently holds.

He doesn't get the message that he'll be a one-termer, GOP should hold ME SEN, given that Gideon probably can't beat Collins, also I will be eating popcorn watching Golden's quixotic reelection bid, go down in flames.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1139 on: May 20, 2019, 02:13:11 PM »

He doesn't get the message that he'll be a one-termer, GOP should hold ME SEN, given that Gideon probably can't beat Collins, also I will be eating popcorn watching Golden's quixotic reelection bid, go down in flames.

You really think 2020 is going to be a Republican year, don’t you?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1140 on: May 20, 2019, 02:14:54 PM »

Well, he also thinks Stevens and Rouda will lose, and Casten will only win by the skin of his teeth, so yeah...
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1141 on: May 20, 2019, 02:21:26 PM »

Well, he also thinks Stevens and Rouda will lose, and Casten will only win by the skin of his teeth, so yeah...

The fact that you think that people like Stevens, Finkenauer, and Golden are Safe is beyond me. Also you unironically, expect Joni Ernst to lose, so I don't know what to say Tongue

It will be a D+3 ish year, Golden only narrowly won in a D+8.6 year, he's done, especially with Collins and Trump, on the ballot
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1142 on: May 20, 2019, 02:30:32 PM »

The fact that you think that people like Stevens, Finkenauer, and Golden are Safe is beyond me. Also you unironically, expect Joni Ernst to lose, so I don't know what to say Tongue

It will be a D+3 ish year, Golden only narrowly won in a D+8.6 year, he's done, especially with Collins and Trump, on the ballot

I think Finkenauer and Golden are Tilt D, Stevens is Likely D, and Ernst is right on the border between Likely and Lean R, but thanks for playing Smiley
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1143 on: May 20, 2019, 02:32:56 PM »

I think Finkenauer and Golden are Tilt D, Stevens is Likely D, and Ernst is right on the border between Likely and Lean R, but thanks for playing Smiley

Golden is Tilt D??, please tell me where these Trump/Collins/Golden voters are coming from? Where are the Trump/Ernst/Finkenauer voters, coming from?? Also where are the Trump/R MI Sen Candidate/Stevens votes coming from?? Also the Ernst being vulnerable thing, is talking about Politician, not you Smiley
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1144 on: May 20, 2019, 02:36:23 PM »

Golden is Tilt D??, please tell me where these Trump/Collins/Golden voters are coming from? Where are the Trump/Ernst/Finkenauer voters, coming from?? Also where are the Trump/R MI Sen Candidate/Stevens votes coming from?? Also the Ernst being vulnerable thing, is talking about Politician, not you Smiley
Um, the same place they came from in 2018? Trump isn't even gauranteed to carry the district again. Trump might lose IA-01 outright considering he won it by less than 4 points last time. Same with MI-11 which is also trending D.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1145 on: May 20, 2019, 02:39:45 PM »

Um, the same place they came from in 2018? Trump isn't even gauranteed to carry the district again. Trump might lose IA-01 outright considering he won it by less than 4 points last time. Same with MI-11 which is also trending D.

IA-01 is trending R, MI-11 is trending D, I'll give you that, but Trump won by 4 points, by 2024, it should be Dem, also D+8.6 year v D+3 year
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1146 on: May 20, 2019, 02:51:08 PM »

Golden running for reelection rather than Senate is definitely good news for Democrats. I doubt he would have been the ideal Democrat to run against Collins, and he won’t be as easy to beat in ME-02 as many people are making it out to be.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1147 on: May 20, 2019, 02:54:51 PM »

Yeah its hilarious to compare MI 11th which is still a trump district that swung an incredible 1 point left in 2016 to IA 1st also a trump district that swung 20 points right.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1148 on: May 20, 2019, 03:13:43 PM »

Golden running for reelection rather than Senate is definitely good news for Democrats. I doubt he would have been the ideal Democrat to run against Collins, and he won’t be as easy to beat in ME-02 as many people are making it out to be.
Are you joking? So he can run in  a seat that voted for Trump by 10 points and voted for Shawn Moody? He's may as well start writing his concession speech. He would have  been able to prevent bleeding in rural areas that we need to win statewide. A normal "resistance" democrat will get walloped in rural areas.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1149 on: May 20, 2019, 03:16:38 PM »

Are you joking? So he can run in  a seat that voted for Trump by 10 points and voted for Shawn Moody? He's may as well start writing his concession speech. He would have  been able to prevent bleeding in rural areas that we need to win statewide. A normal "resistance" democrat will get walloped in rural areas.

Oh, it voted for Moody, Likely R, bordering on Safe

Might as well make a Collins/Trump/Moody voter for Golden username
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies