2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:04:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 80
Author Topic: 2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 167181 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: August 31, 2019, 08:55:37 PM »

CA-50: Former CA-49 Rep. Darrell Issa (R) is forming an exploratory committee-

I dislike carpetbagging politicians. Issa retired because he could not win reelection in his old district, and now he's thinking about shifting to a safer, less competitive seat. And while Issa would be an "improvement" over the corrupt and scandal-plagued Hunter, that's not saying much.

There's also the popular (in conservative circles) DeMaio who would be an improvement of both these losers. It's a shame that only Najjar is running currently for the Dems, because so many high profile R's would raise the possibility of a DvD lockout - and I'm normally the guy who pushs back on the top two lockout scenarios in non-safe seats.

Also Issa Represented 'some' of the present CA-50 under the 2000 map, so it's a little less heinous, even if his motives are poisonous.

I agree about Najjar, who is not the best Democratic candidate for this seat, even though he managed to lose to Hunter by "only" 8% last year. More Democrats running would shut off the possibility of either Hunter or Issa prevailing. But if that doesn't happen, then I would hope that DeMaio would be able to earn enough support to at least get into the top two, preferably against Hunter.

The House election in CA-50 was won by Hunter 51.7%-48.3%, or a margin of 3.4%.

Oh, my mistake. I was thinking of the early results in the first weeks after the election. This is even narrower than I had believed. Well, it's goes to show that a more formidable Democratic candidate than Naijar may have beaten Hunter.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1751 on: August 31, 2019, 08:57:14 PM »

CA-50: Former CA-49 Rep. Darrell Issa (R) is forming an exploratory committee-

I dislike carpetbagging politicians. Issa retired because he could not win reelection in his old district, and now he's thinking about shifting to a safer, less competitive seat. And while Issa would be an "improvement" over the corrupt and scandal-plagued Hunter, that's not saying much.

There's also the popular (in conservative circles) DeMaio who would be an improvement of both these losers. It's a shame that only Najjar is running currently for the Dems, because so many high profile R's would raise the possibility of a DvD lockout - and I'm normally the guy who pushs back on the top two lockout scenarios in non-safe seats.

Also Issa Represented 'some' of the present CA-50 under the 2000 map, so it's a little less heinous, even if his motives are poisonous.

I agree about Najjar, who is not the best Democratic candidate for this seat, even though he managed to lose to Hunter by "only" 8% last year. More Democrats running would shut off the possibility of either Hunter or Issa prevailing. But if that doesn't happen, then I would hope that DeMaio would be able to earn enough support to at least get into the top two, preferably against Hunter.

The House election in CA-50 was won by Hunter 51.7%-48.3%, or a margin of 3.4%.

Oh, my mistake. I was thinking of the early results in the first weeks after the election. This is even narrower than I had believed. Well, it's goes to show that a more formidable Democratic candidate than Naijar may have beaten Hunter.

I agree, I think Butner would have edged out.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1752 on: September 01, 2019, 12:36:29 AM »
« Edited: September 01, 2019, 12:42:17 AM by Interlocutor »

As I predicted, Atlas is already freaking out about the CA-21 rating.

If you don't agree MAKE YOUR OWN RATINGS!

2 dismissive posts = TOTAL ATLAS FREAK-OUT!!!!!!!
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1753 on: September 04, 2019, 11:07:35 AM »

Nomination for weirdest challengers have begun.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1754 on: September 05, 2019, 08:57:41 AM »

https://www.rollcall.com/news/campaigns/gop-poll-tossup-house-race-in-the-houston-suburbs

Fletcher trails by 2 in NRCC internal. To be taken with a massive grain of salt.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #1755 on: September 05, 2019, 09:08:00 AM »

Are they even trying to make these remotely believable anymore?
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1756 on: September 05, 2019, 09:13:36 AM »

It's the Congressional Leadership Fund (CLF), not the NRCC.
----
I wonder if this poll was released as a way to convince their donors that all the vulnerable Texas seats are not too far gone.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1757 on: September 05, 2019, 01:55:17 PM »

It's the Congressional Leadership Fund (CLF), not the NRCC.
----
I wonder if this poll was released as a way to convince their donors that all the vulnerable Texas seats are not too far gone.

Fletcher's race is Lean Democratic in 2020, as is Allred's. Both of their seats are slipping away fast from Republicans, and Trump is almost certainly going to lose them again. Even Greg Abbott only carried them by single-digit margins, doing much worse than in 2014. Republicans should be focusing on flipping some of the vulnerable seats in the Midwest (such as those of Peterson, Cartwright, Kind, and Loebsack) that are potentially within their reach.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1758 on: September 05, 2019, 06:20:38 PM »

LOL Likely D. I wouldn’t be shocked if Fletcher won by double digits. This seat is gone for the Rs.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1759 on: September 05, 2019, 06:26:34 PM »

If Republicans want to drop money on TX-7, TX-32, MN-3, CA-48, CA-39 and CA-25 instead of seats like WI-3, PA-8, IL-17, IA-2 and ME-2 then go right ahead
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1760 on: September 05, 2019, 06:29:34 PM »

Carl Demaio raised 900k in 25 days.

https://timesofsandiego.com/politics/2019/09/03/carl-demaio-campaign-reports-raising-over-900000-in-25-days/
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1761 on: September 05, 2019, 06:41:39 PM »

LOL Likely D. I wouldn’t be shocked if Fletcher won by double digits. This seat is gone for the Rs.

Double digits is a stretch, but Fletcher is certainly favored. I would call this Lean Democratic.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1762 on: September 05, 2019, 07:46:35 PM »

Why is the GOP obsessed with winning Texas 7th? Even if they somehow win it in 2020 that means they have to play juggle incumbents around instead of just creating the neccesary 4th D sink in Houston.

TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1763 on: September 05, 2019, 07:48:54 PM »

Why is the GOP obsessed with winning Texas 7th? Even if they somehow win it in 2020 that means they have to play juggle incumbents around instead of just creating the neccesary 4th D sink in Houston.

Because half the party thinks Texas 2016 and 2018 was a two-time fluke whereas the saner half that is trying to sound the alarm on Texas is getting ignored completely.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1764 on: September 05, 2019, 09:52:00 PM »

Because half the party thinks Texas 2016 and 2018 was a two-time fluke whereas the saner half that is trying to sound the alarm on Texas is getting ignored completely.

Just like half the Democrats are still stuck in the past and desperately trying to salvage rural Minnesota districts that are "Democratic at heart" while writing off TX because it voted very Republican in 2004.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1765 on: September 05, 2019, 09:57:48 PM »

Just like half the Democrats are still stuck in the past and desperately trying to salvage rural Minnesota districts that are "Democratic at heart" while writing off TX because it voted very Republican in 2004.

Not sure about half for the Dems, reality-denying as on most issues exists on both sides but is more prevalent with the Republicans.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1766 on: September 06, 2019, 12:31:16 PM »

I am fairly sure that there is a big difference between Counties like Smith, TN and Poinsett, AR that last voted D in 2004 then gave Trump over 70% of the vote in 2016 and Counties like Itasca and Freeborn, MN that last voted D in 2012 then gave Trump under 55% of the vote in 2016.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1767 on: September 06, 2019, 01:09:06 PM »

Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #1768 on: September 06, 2019, 03:49:57 PM »

I full endorse Raul Ruiz for congress.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1769 on: September 06, 2019, 04:26:22 PM »

Because a lot of Republican stategists are completely oblivious to reality. The NRSC and NRCC are two of the greatest Democratic assets.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1770 on: September 06, 2019, 07:47:46 PM »

Because a lot of Republican stategists are completely oblivious to reality. The NRSC and NRCC are two of the greatest Democratic assets.
Yeah! it is sooo crazy to think a Clinton +1 plurality district is remotely competitive. Obvious Safe D. Safer than NY14 because the trends are so fast obviously.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1771 on: September 06, 2019, 07:57:20 PM »

Yeah! it is sooo crazy to think a Clinton +1 plurality district is remotely competitive. Obvious Safe D. Safer than NY14 because the trends are so fast obviously.

*When Republicans think some muah military token guy named Wesley I forgot the rest is part of the path back to a house majority in the current TX 7 in 2020 barring some massive circumstance*

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1772 on: September 07, 2019, 10:27:38 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2019, 10:34:21 AM by Lfromnj stands with Sanchez. »

Oh its winnable by the GOP in 2020 if Trump does well although very unlikely but it definitely isn't some tipping point district and all this will cause is a sh**tty map in 2022 for the GOP with redistricting juggling, Houston needs 4 D districts.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1773 on: September 07, 2019, 10:32:55 AM »

Going from Romney +22 to Clinton +1 to Beto +9 in six years is pretty fast if you ask me
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1774 on: September 07, 2019, 10:36:42 AM »

Going from Romney +22 to Clinton +1 to Beto +9 in six years is pretty fast if you ask me

Don't forget 2014, Wendy Davis did pretty good in this district, IK Hd134 which is in this district was Romney +15 but Abbot +3. Basically its been trending D for the past 12 years with a massive trend in 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies