2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:47:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 167989 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« on: October 31, 2018, 07:13:21 PM »

Democrats also won by 8 points in 2006. What I don’t understand is why 2006 wasn’t a worse year for Republicans when Bush was more unpopular than Trump, the economy was in worse shape than it is right now, and people were dying in Iraq. It seems kinda bizarre that Democrats might do better this year than in 2006.

Part of the change is dems have a much more reliable group in their coalition now: strong support from college educated whites.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 09:10:23 PM »

You guys are scumbags for cheering for my defeat. I have done such great work for my community and you supported a biscoto who doesn't even live in the district over me. I worked so hard to be moderate and nice but it looks like Hollywood liberals won't appreciate a Republican no matter how moderate they are. I feel so socially isolated. All of my friends in the GOP bullied me for being a RINO, while all of the dems bullied me for being a conservative.

In addition, my wife left me and now without her income or my congressional salary, I can no longer pay for my mortgage. Hope you guys are super happy that you got one extra Democrap in Congress who will be a globalist open borders Pelosi drone... you filhos da puta idiotas ruined my life.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 11:16:03 AM »

Please no. He had like five opportunities to run for higher office already and now he only decides to do so because he saw another Democrat able to break through statewide first? Pass

Maybe it was because his wife got shot and he needed to help take care of her?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 07:38:34 PM »

Good to see them responding to electoral incentives, but unfortunately they'll probably go back to being 100% party-line hacks if the GOP is in the majority and their vote is actually needed.

To be fair, Greg Walden and Chris Smith aren't exactly in electoral danger.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 07:40:23 PM »

These people are so disconnected from the average voter. The average Republican voter is economically moderate to center-right, mostly socially conservative, and very nationalistic. They are not supportive of abortion or concerned about climate change or concerned about being inclusive. lol, the party will just keep electing Trumps in any primaries where they show up if these people keep insisting on changing the party in their way.

A decent amount of republicans are pro-choice in some way

And a decent amount of dems are pro-life
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 06:10:20 AM »

These people are so disconnected from the average voter. The average Republican voter is economically moderate to center-right, mostly socially conservative, and very nationalistic. They are not supportive of abortion or concerned about climate change or concerned about being inclusive. lol, the party will just keep electing Trumps in any primaries where they show up if these people keep insisting on changing the party in their way.

A decent amount of republicans are pro-choice in some way

And a decent amount of dems are pro-life
There are no pro choice republicans in the house.

I mean the actual voters.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 07:23:31 PM »

Elizabeth Warren endorsed Jessica Cisneros. Hopefully this starts a cascade

She endorsed Marie Newman (running against Lipinski in IL-03) as well:

If Newman wins, the Democratic Party will continue its descent into being the party of the woke, "wine-track" liberals, rather than a party with room for ideological diversity and for social moderation.

Anti-choicers don’t belong in the party, sorry.

Lots of black voters are pro-life
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies