MI-Mitchell: Stabenow +6 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:46:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MI-Mitchell: Stabenow +6 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-Mitchell: Stabenow +6  (Read 3276 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 26, 2018, 06:48:14 PM »

Wow, this really has tightened considerably.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 10:07:11 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2018, 10:10:43 PM by Garfield County Republicans 4 Candidate Quality »

Sorry to break it to James fans, but not every election is going to go just like 2016.

I didn’t claim that, but it’s certainly not the 15- to 20-point Stabenow wipeout we were told was guaranteed to happen. And the only reason I have it as Likely D is because James is a far stronger candidate than Vukmir or Barletta (which I have as Safe D) and running in a more GOP-friendly state than Hugin (also Safe D), I don’t think he’ll actually win or that there will be a 2016 redux here.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 10:39:35 PM »

I wasn't saying that you were, I was referring to a very specific poster. While James might be a better candidate, I don't think it's going to make that much of a difference. Maybe it means he loses by 8-9 instead of 12-13, but that's about it.

I just don’t think Stabenow is the political goddess people are making her out to be or that MI is a deep blue state again, it’s just that she got really lucky with the national environment this year. I’ll stick with my Likely D rating even if people think it’s ridiculous, and I am also a little more cautious than most other posters here, which is why I have ND/MS-Special/TN still all as Toss-ups (hardly Republican hack ratings, but whatever).
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 10:53:50 PM »

Stabenow is not liked here in Michigan. I agree that she is riding the anti-Trump wave and so is Whitmer but I still think they can lose. They are def both favored but I do think the last few weeks I have noticed a big increase in GOP enthusiasm. Despite what democrats say RALLIES MATTER. Having 5,000 people at a rally for a guy who was an unknown a few months ago is pretty impressive. James also now has 82 percent name ID in the state. I think there is a possibility that the polls are not picking up his true level of support. I am not buying that the democrat turnout will be big this year I think it will be more than normal but there's a lot of evidence that their enthusiasm has waned after Kavanaugh and with Trump's rising approval rating it has to be souring some democrats from wanting to participate.

I agree that Stabenow is overrated, but high Republican turnout isn’t going to be enough in a state like MI if Independents break heavily for Democrats. And even Trump only won MI by like .2% against one of the least popular Democratic candidates ever, so it makes sense that Democrats would be favored in MI in a more favorable year for their party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies