MOScout: Hawley 49/45, Democrats lead in Auditor's contest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:17:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MOScout: Hawley 49/45, Democrats lead in Auditor's contest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: MOScout: Hawley 49/45, Democrats lead in Auditor's contest  (Read 5400 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2018, 10:14:56 AM »

According to WaPo and Guy Benson, republican polls have shown Hawley pulling away over the past month

Not getting my hopes up, but watching Heitkamp and McCaskill lose would be great consolation on an otherwise ugly night.
Yeah because internal polling is known for its reliability
I mean let's be honest she's probably trailing
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2018, 03:38:02 PM »

Eh, Mccaskill's campaign certainly isn't behaving like it's not behind, she also has trailed in the last 7 public polls of this race

I know, but I prefer to set my expectations low and then perhaps be pleasantly surprised on election day.
ContrarianLibertarian
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -2.96

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2018, 04:44:43 PM »

Eh, Mccaskill's campaign certainly isn't behaving like it's not behind, she also has trailed in the last 7 public polls of this race

I know, but I prefer to set my expectations low and then perhaps be pleasantly surprised on election day.

I used to allow myself to get emotionally affected by the outcome of elections.  While I still consider myself a Republican, I'm far less of one than I used to be (for various reasons I won't get into here).  I can remember being elated on election nights in 1994, 2000, 2002, and 2004.  Then I got similarly deflated in 2006 and 2008.

I found it did me a world of good to make a concerted effort to detach myself emotionally from politics and elections.  I've had basically the same disposition on every election night since then -- which is probably related to my drift away from my party.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies