NYC Millennial Minority (R) vs. Bagel23 (D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:09:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  NYC Millennial Minority (R) vs. Bagel23 (D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC Millennial Minority (R) vs. Bagel23 (D)  (Read 603 times)
Strong Candidate
123NY
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2018, 03:36:26 PM »

Discuss with maps.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 02:28:13 PM »

Probably a landslide for NYCMM. Bagel said he wished Britain was defeated by Nazi Germany, so......
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 05:15:56 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2018, 05:37:43 PM by NYC Millennial Minority »

but I'm only 23 years old and not even a citizen of the USA yet. Can't even vote this year lol. Couldn't even vote in 2016 and 2014, otherwise New York might have gone red for Trump and Wendy Long and Cuomo might not be our governor.

edit: all of you might want to ask "hey NYCMM, you're a pretty smart guy and all, but why do you think one vote in New York would have made a difference in all those races?"

well I'm glad you asked. Let's just say I would have used my super special secret techniques to tip the races massively. I'm not going to unleash them until I become an American citizen, maybe next month

edit2: Probably not gonna get citizenship before November 6 so can't unleash my special powers on that day, sorry to disappoint any GOP supporters reading this
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 05:24:25 PM »

I feel like this should have been done as a poll.

Anyway, I'd enthusiastically vote for NYCMM. He'd also most likely win.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 10:02:17 AM »

America loses.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 01:29:09 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2018, 02:02:13 PM by NYC Millennial Minority »

"...the vast majority of its problems."

by the way guys, here is how I'd imagine this scenario playing out.

To start off....let's say that Bagel and I are both middle aged and born in the USA. Let's also say that we've held political office. Let's say that it's the 2020 Presidential election with the national mood being close to D+0/R+0. We are about to end the second term of a very moderate Mitt Romney Presidency.

My political history: three term Democratic congressman from NYC who later became Governor of NY in 2010 instead of Cuomo...then I politically evolve into a self-professed libertarian member of the Democratic Party. I get ousted in a primary challenge by a progressive Democrat in 2014 but then negotiate to run on both the Libertarian and Republican tickets. Win re-election against that progressive Democrat because of the baggage they have and gaining support from the types of Democratic voters who were willing to vote for Bloomberg. My approval rating in NY in 2018 is around 55%, mostly due to my support for socially progressive policies coupled with an economy is great conditions in addition to strong efforts to be a "Governor of the People." I'll be making numerous public appearances, do numerous townhalls, meet and listen to New Yorkers of all backgrounds.

Bagel's political history: uhh...I'll let him come up with this one I guess. Let's say that it's about as extensive as mine.

My strategy to win the GOP Primary entails going even further with the kind of Presidency that a ~50% approval rating Romney has. I am the most prominent 'moderate' / 'libertarian'-ish choice, and take out the more socially conservative nominees via an assertive cocky demeanor, having lots of $, and exploiting the fact that they're splitting the evangelical/soc-con vote. Oh, and I declined to run for re-election in 2018 to opt for building political capital nationwide in 2019, so that I'm one of the biggest names.

Bagel's strategy to win the DEM Primary: I'll let him come up with this one.

after the nomination, I'll make a few concessions to the soc-con base that entail:

-no federal funding for abortion
-will work to remove affirmative action completely
-rhetoric that includes respecting the importance of Christianity in American society
-southern/midwestern religious right VP pick
-support for a border wall and stricter immigration policies

MY OVERALL STRATEGY FOR THE BATTLEGROUND STATES

New Hampshire: as a libertarian-ish guy, I'd just rely on the fact that my moderate Republican image and libertarian credentials means that many more people will be willing to vote for me instead of the Libertarian Presidential candidate

Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota: due to being as socially progressive as a Republican can be, I don't do as poorly in the urban and suburban regions as a more socially conservative candidate. I'll rely on my skills with messaging and marketing to drive up rural turnout.

Virginia and North Carolina: same as above, I guess. My IRL rhetoric and style would be more intellectual than Trump's so I guess I'd do better in NoVa in comparison to him.

Florida: visit every region of this state multiple times, even Miami-Dade/Broward/Orange and hold multiple rallies where I open myself up to taking questions from at least 20 people in each rally

Iowa: rely on having the evangelical vote due to my VP pick, and add the fact that I spent some of 2019 ingratiating myself to figures in Iowa's agriculture industry to prepare for the 2020 primaries

Colorado and Nevada: I support marijuana legalization. I'm not of the religious right.

Arizona: I'm the Republican candidate, so I think I have a decent shot as long as I don't totally neglect it.

Blue states: I think I'd do better in these compared to most other Republicans, but because Bagel is the DEM nominee he wins these unless he gets sunk by major scandals or runs an extremely bad campaign.

Red States: not sure if Bagel would try to make inroads in some of these, but I think I take these due to being the GOP nominee unless I get sunk by major scandals or I slack off with my campaign

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 06:17:31 PM »

He would destroy me in a landslide.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: