TN- NBC/Marist: Blackburn +5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:34:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  TN- NBC/Marist: Blackburn +5 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TN- NBC/Marist: Blackburn +5  (Read 3316 times)
Junior Chimp

« on: October 30, 2018, 04:15:46 PM »

Blackburn 51
Bredesen 46
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 04:16:52 PM »

Lean R, but a Bredesen win would hardly be surprising.

Likely R the way Marist has been conducting Polls of late.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 04:21:43 PM »

Ugh whatever. Can't wait for a couple of decades of that lunatic in the Senate.

Why are you calling Politicians Lunatics? Maybe you're himself one if you call people like that.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 04:32:41 PM »

If Corker had any sense, he'd endorse Bredesen.  I mean, he's leaving in January.  What does he have to lose?!

It wouldn't make any difference at this point. Blackburn, it seems, was always destined to win. The historical pattern of repeat candidates failing with their comebacks seems to be repeating itself, as it did with Feingold, Bayh, and Strickland back in 2016.

Well, I think Hickenlooper will almost certainly try for Senate against Gardner in two years unless he runs for POTUS so another one coming.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 04:51:48 PM »

If Corker had any sense, he'd endorse Bredesen.  I mean, he's leaving in January.  What does he have to lose?!

It wouldn't make any difference at this point. Blackburn, it seems, was always destined to win. The historical pattern of repeat candidates failing with their comebacks seems to be repeating itself, as it did with Feingold, Bayh, and Strickland back in 2016.

Well, I think Hickenlooper will almost certainly try for Senate against Gardner in two years unless he runs for POTUS so another one coming.

Hickenlooper, I believe, would be an exception to the rule. He has pretty decent approval ratings, is inoffensive, and is a centrist. Moreover, Gardner is very unpopular, with some of the lowest approval ratings of any Senator in the country. Given these facts, and given that Trump will almost certainly lose Colorado in 2020, Hickenlooper would be favored. But I would much rather that the Democrats nominate someone younger to run for the seat.

But otherwise, my point stands. IceSpear was right when he insisted, from the very beginning, that Bredesen was doomed. And this race demonstrates to me how this year will not be a "blue wave" by any means. If anything, I expect Democrats to do about as well as they did in 2006.

I think that's a fair Assumption you did. I still think tho it will be 235-200 in the House so a bit higher than 2006.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies