WI-Marquette: Tied (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:29:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WI-Marquette: Tied (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-Marquette: Tied  (Read 9697 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: October 31, 2018, 12:24:55 PM »

Hot damn!
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 12:38:25 PM »

If Walker actually wins re-election at the same time that Stabenow/Whitmer/Wolf/Casey landslide, I think that answers the question of which Trump state would be the toughest nut to crack of those three.

The difference here is that Walker is the only incumbent Republican because Wisconsin doesn't have term limits. Evers is also not a great candidate. He is not the least bit inspiring and cannot talk smoothly to save his life. This doesn't mean Wisconsin is a redder state.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 12:42:58 PM »

Im so confused, Marquette has been given all but one poll saying Walker is leading, and now that their final poll says the race is tied, everyone now things Walker might hold on? Not only is this shift rather good for Evers, as said before, Walker has lead this whole time according to Marquette, but it also means Walker has no polls that show a lead for him anymore(the one that did was Marquette).

Geez, it looks like what's said about Atlas is true, the status of the race is whatever the most recent poll said it was.

I think most people were hoping Evers would be ahead so that they wouldn't have to worry about this race. This adds a lot of uncertainty. I personally still expect Evers to win over Walker on election day. In a tied situation, the partisan rift usually decides the election, and that is on the Democrats side this year. In addition, Marquette has been a bit Republican-friendly compared to others who have polled Wisconsin this year.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 12:53:19 PM »

This is my last post of the day, but I will end with this: If Evers does indeed win, then I will be regarding MU Law as Walker's secret R internal from now on!

I can't wait until the vaguely subpar Emerson poll gets released this Friday, which will most likely show Evers with a lead! Also, Suffolk might be releasing a poll for WI soon, too!

That is not logical. There is clearly a margin of error here and this poll result is a tie. If Evers wins by 6-7, then yes, this poll will have been way off. But if he wins by 2-3, this poll was not bad. I think you're reading this as a Walker win when it's not.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 06:32:22 AM »

Indeed. This is two governor cycles in a row where they were only 1 point off. They had Walker +7 in 2014 and he won by 6.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies