Pakistani woman free from blasphemy death penalty, causes Islamists to protest.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:46:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Pakistani woman free from blasphemy death penalty, causes Islamists to protest.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pakistani woman free from blasphemy death penalty, causes Islamists to protest.  (Read 2158 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2019, 11:15:23 PM »

eeeks, I was kind of hoping to be corrected/wrong there....are they really the moderates?  That's.....that's not good.  Why is it Judaism such a broken religion and what white person/people Aryans are we blaming for it this decade?  Still Dubya/Cheney/"neocons" Walt Disney, Henry Ford, ignorant rubes who sympathize with the German cause, or have we transferred all that blame to Trump/Putin Hitler, Goebbels /___insert group name here___ yet?

Imagine if somebody here said this (which is there as an example only, and I completely disagree with and condemn it) the forum would be responding back hard, as it rightfully should, but not for them broken Moose Lambs where even the moderates should be feared!
like I said, I was hoping I was wrong, but since no one has corrected me (and I know how much some would want to) I can only assume it's true, and I find that sad.  It's not a good look. You can be offended when people point that out if you want, I don't really care, but trying to guilt me into stopping isn't going to work.  Facts would though, feel free to present them.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2019, 11:47:06 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2019, 11:55:55 PM by Prolocutor Bagel23 »

eeeks, I was kind of hoping to be corrected/wrong there....are they really the moderates?  That's.....that's not good.  Why is it Judaism such a broken religion and what white person/people Aryans are we blaming for it this decade?  Still Dubya/Cheney/"neocons" Walt Disney, Henry Ford, ignorant rubes who sympathize with the German cause, or have we transferred all that blame to Trump/Putin Hitler, Goebbels /___insert group name here___ yet?

Imagine if somebody here said this (which is there as an example only, and I completely disagree with and condemn it) the forum would be responding back hard, as it rightfully should, but not for them broken Moose Lambs where even the moderates should be feared!
like I said, I was hoping I was wrong, but since no one has corrected me (and I know how much some would want to) I can only assume it's true, and I find that sad.  It's not a good look. You can be offended when people point that out if you want, I don't really care, but trying to guilt me into stopping isn't going to work.  Facts would though, feel free to present them.

Thank you for you service, but no fact, or statistic, or argument is going to change someone like you’s mind about the beautiful religion of Islam. I can only hope that future generations will be more woke. Truth is yes, we have horrible things in the texts (like literally any other religion), and we are suffering from higher levels of extremism than most others. But we are also the largest victims by far of terrorism as well. But the true beauty of the real meaning of the religion and ultimate serene tawheed through the power of God overrides and cleanses the good name of Islam for those woke from the impurities of bad actors. I can’t help you see that, only your soul if willing can see that, and if it can’t at least not disrespect the religion, I hope that you will understand where I am coming from. If not, you are entitled to your opinion ofc, and as disgusted and disagreeing I am with this view of yours, it is my duty (even if I do not live up to all the time, I am an imperfect human after all, but I am trying my best anyways) to get over my disdain, and hope that you have a wholesome life and pray that you have peace with you. I know this was deep, but this means a lot to me, have a good day.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2019, 03:26:32 AM »

Normally I dont promote the Kardashianization of the planet by Facebook and Instagram, but this country could do with a little more life opportunity for women.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2019, 04:32:10 AM »

The Saudis have spread their tentacles all over the globe, from Sudan, Pakistan and even Indonesia. Radical Saudi funded Wahhabism is gaining ground in the more moderate parts of the Islamic world.

In all fairness, though the Gulf cash is a pretty malignant influence, Barelvi Islam is a distinctly South Asian movement, closer to Sufism than the ultra-Salafi Wahhabi movement. Even Deobandi Islam, although far closer to Salafism is more rooted in old anti-British resistance politics than the al-Wahab. The Sauds, for their part, fund the Ahl-i Hadith in Pakistan.

eeeks, I was kind of hoping to be corrected/wrong there....are they really the moderates?  That's.....that's not good.  Why is it such a broken religion and what white person/people are we blaming for it this decade?  Still Dubya/Cheney/"neocons" or have we transferred all that blame to Trump/Putin/___insert group name here___ yet?

Perhaps "moderates" is the wrong word in this context - it often gets caught up in the Western obsession with Sufis being a cool and hippy alternative to evil Salafis. Barelvis are more the traditionalist alternative to the revivalist Deobandis (like, an extremely loose comparison would be an old-fashioned saint worshipping Catholic vs a passionate and charismatic  Pentecostal).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies