NH-GOV Change Research (NHDP internal): Sununu (R-inc) 47, Kelly (D) 46
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:51:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  NH-GOV Change Research (NHDP internal): Sununu (R-inc) 47, Kelly (D) 46
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NH-GOV Change Research (NHDP internal): Sununu (R-inc) 47, Kelly (D) 46  (Read 3222 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2018, 06:33:07 PM »

No it's not, Dems have NH2 and all female Dem Senate delegation. Upset can happen
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2018, 06:44:50 PM »

Still Leans R (I've always taken the Sununu+15 polls as a name recog advantage), but if Sununu loses... wow.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2018, 06:59:20 PM »

NH 2 and female voters who were lackluster in support of Van Ostern. That's why I put it on my prediction map
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2018, 07:49:11 PM »

Sununu should just sit back and enjoy the feeling of that noose tightening around his neck ever so slowly.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2018, 12:41:33 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2018, 11:56:08 AM by Mayor Steve Pearce »

Anyways, shtick aside, I still give the ad to Sununu. You either have to be very offensive or very bad to lose a gubernatorial election in your first term. Benson's the only one to lose in the post-FDR era, mainly because of various corruption scandals and his inability to work with people.

Kelly's focus on issues is a bit of a head-scratcher. Paid leave is obviously a winning issue, but I'm surprised to see her stray from her roots regarding education, or his permanent residence in the swamp.

Chris Sununu is really no different from Brownback or Fallin on education, and the only reason why he hasn't gutted the state's education system for vouchers is because the legislature voted it down. His Secretary of Education appointment, like Trump's, was blatantly political in nature. He appointed Frank Edelbut, his main primary rival, to unify the party. He has zero education experience aside from homeschooling his children. In fact, he was an accountant and a businessman before becoming a state representative who almost upset Sununu in the primary.

He's also a swamp creature. Ignoring the obvious take on dynastic politics, he's a Romney-esque serial flip-flopper. You name an issue, he's changed his mind on it. He is not a conservative, and he is not a liberal. Chris Sununu is whatever is convenient for Chris Sununu at any given time.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies