Change Research (D internal): Cruz +0 in TX, Nelson +2 in FL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:30:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  Change Research (D internal): Cruz +0 in TX, Nelson +2 in FL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change Research (D internal): Cruz +0 in TX, Nelson +2 in FL  (Read 8255 times)
DataGuy
Rookie

« on: November 03, 2018, 10:42:32 AM »

Cruz (R): 49%
O'Rourke (D): 49%

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChangePolls/status/1058740322530820097

Nelson (D): 50%
Scott (R): 48%

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChangePolls/status/1058738965149233153

Once again, these polls are sponsored by Democrats.
DataGuy
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 10:46:07 AM »

I started a thread just seconds before you, but mine also includes the poll from FL. Could we merge them?
DataGuy
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 12:16:59 PM »

538 says it has a R+0.8 House Effect

So is that (D internal) thing real or just editorializing?

FiveThirtyEight does label it a Democratic internal, so they assume by default it's probably biased toward the Democratic candidates. That's why their house effect calculation moves it toward Cruz by 1.4%, although their poll rankings show that Change Research has a mean-reverted bias of R+0.8.

They are very different things, as house effects judge polls against the average of the other polls (in other words, it tries to make all polls conform to the polling average, thus making the assumption that the average is right), while bias measures polls based on their performance relative to actual historical election results. I prefer to use the latter, so in my opinion this poll really is something to worry about for Cruz.

Of course, campaigns do have a tendency to release their very best internal numbers to try to shape public perception of the race, which is why publicly-released internal polls are generally viewed with suspicion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies