🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:35:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level)  (Read 216489 times)
RedPrometheus

« on: February 07, 2019, 10:28:58 AM »

Gerhard Schröder gave a big newspaper interview in which he declared Andrea Nahles incompetent and all but said that Sigmar Gabriel should return to the helm. That's all nonsense though IMO. As a general rule, incumbent SPD chairs are always seen as incompetent with a lot people simultanously having the opinion that person X would of course be much, much better. If Gabriel were really to return it would take about three to six months until people start to say how much he sucks and that Nahles was much better and/or Olaf Scholz would be much better. In addition, Gabriel was Schröder's protege at one point and therefore he naturally supports him.

Schröder is not wrong. Andrea Nahles is an ineffective leader who is not liked by the public and certainly not somebody who will ever come close to the chancellorship. Sigmar Gabriel is a master politican and very smart guy. As member of this party, I'd love to have him back. He's just never been threated fairly by his party and parts of the media. Especially during his time as Minister of Economics.

Sigmar Gabriel changes his mind every few seconds. Someone that erratic shouldn't lead the SPD, I would certainly consider leaving the party if he becomes chairman or especially if he becomes candidate for chancellor.
RedPrometheus

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 04:03:13 AM »

A new shock poll from Emnid for the BamS:

CDU/CSU: 30%
SPD: 19%
Greens: 15%
FDP: 8%
Left: 10%
AfD: 13%
Others: 5%

http://www.wahlrecht.de/umfragen/emnid.htm
RedPrometheus

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 08:28:01 AM »

A new shock poll from Emnid for the BamS:

CDU/CSU: 30%
SPD: 19%
Greens: 15%
FDP: 8%
Left: 10%
AfD: 13%
Others: 5%

http://www.wahlrecht.de/umfragen/emnid.htm

What's shocking about it - the SPD recovery?

I would say so Cheesy
RedPrometheus

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 07:24:22 AM »

Yeah, the German voters who turned out for the Euro elections have always been somewhat more pro-European than average. Surprised at the rather large difference for the SPD though.

I could imagine that Barley is more popular than Nahles.
RedPrometheus

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 08:45:51 AM »

CDU leader sparks row with joke about gender-neutral bathrooms

Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer criticised for ‘disrespectful’ comment at carnival event

She was sold as a “mini Merkel”, a centrist in the same liberal mould as her predecessor as leader of Germany’s Christian Democratic Union. But Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer has worked hard to court the conservative wing of her party since taking the top job, leading to controversy over comments she made about gender-neutral bathrooms.

AKK correctly calculated that the move would be net vote gainer. Merkel silently approves. (That smirk, of course, is a product of your imagination.)

Apparently conservatives in the CDU are now hoping for a conservative revolution (heard it on a DF podcast)
RedPrometheus

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 01:17:08 AM »

Today I have to travel to Berlin as a delegate for the SPD conference that decides the platform for the European elections. Apparently Martin Schulz was not invited by „accident“

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/martin-schulz-kommt-nicht-zum-spd-europakonvent-a-1259214.html
RedPrometheus

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 11:48:58 AM »

I was reading on the European Politico website that the German government will most likely collapse this year and new elections will be held. Is there any truth to that?

People were predicting earlier that if AKK didn't win there would be new elections to cement the legitimacy of a new CDU, but AKK won...

No, I read this yesterday, and it had nothing to do with AKK, it was about the SPD pulling out of the coalition due to their tanking poll numbers

It depends a lot on the state election in Bremen. If we lose it it will be very hard for the leadership of the SPD to keep us in the coalition.
RedPrometheus

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 09:14:54 AM »

Bremen is apparently close between CDU and SPD.
RedPrometheus

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 09:43:36 AM »

I just saw an 4 pm exit poll and tonight might be even worse for the CDU/CSU than for the SPD. And the Greens can put the champagne on ice.
RedPrometheus

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 10:17:31 AM »

The 5 pm exit polls now show a much much closer race.
RedPrometheus

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 10:24:13 AM »

I have my sources Wink
RedPrometheus

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2019, 10:29:45 AM »

That's illegal unfortunately. Let's just say that the polls apparently overestimated one grand coalition party and there is a close race for second. But you'll only have to wait 30 more minutes anyway Wink
RedPrometheus

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2019, 10:32:15 AM »

That's illegal unfortunately. Let's just say that the polls apparently overestimated one grand coalition party and there is a close race for second. But you'll only have to wait 30 more minutes anyway Wink

And I am in a much better mood now than 2 hours ago Wink
RedPrometheus

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2019, 10:45:05 AM »

Latest trends indicate no close race for second.
RedPrometheus

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2019, 10:48:57 AM »

Someone did leak it
Europe Elects

@EuropeElects
Follow Follow @EuropeElects
More
Germany: We have a feeling that one party is underperforming compared to polls, the rest of the parties in quite in the range of the expected. More details two exit polls, which will be published on @EuropeElects at 6 PM CEST. #EP2019 #Europawahl2019 #Rezo

I saw three polls now during the last 10 minutes. Two are very similar one ist quite different. So even for me it's quite exciting Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies