Goldwatered
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:30:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Goldwatered
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What format should this TL Be?
Similar to “Trumped”

Similar to “the Liberal Republic”

Similar to “vice virtue and independence”

Similar to my other TL

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Goldwatered  (Read 1114 times)
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2018, 11:12:46 AM »

Greetings, I have decided to take a break from my Romney TL for a bit to write another one, I see it was not getting much views and I just started to view it as work rather then story writing. So please don’t get mad, I have learned my lesson and this will not be as optimistic as my other one.

So I present to you

GOLDWATERED

The story of how A candidate far behind A popular incumbent won the 1964 election and changed the political landscape forever

(Inspired by “Trumped”.)
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 11:38:08 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2018, 12:03:42 PM by ON Conservative »

LBJ renominated by Democrats chooses Hubert Humphrey as Running Mate

Unsurprisingly, Incumbent President Lyndon B. Johnson has been Renominated by Democrats for a second term as President, sources claim that he will choose Hubert Humphrey as his Running Mate.
The President delivered a speech in order to unite his party after the assasination of JFK, while it is uncertain how this will hold up he is polling very well at the moment.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Barry Goldwater Nominated by Republicans chooses Nelson Rockefeller as Running Mate

After a tough Primary with many compettetors, Bary Goldwater has been Nominated by the Republicans, he will now limp his way into a battle against a popular president in the wake of JFK’s Assasination. He has delivered a victory speech and has pledged his supporters a new Conservative Era, he promises to cut taxes and tackle the growing communism threat, however, is polling very poorly at the moment.
_________________________________________________________________________________

LBJ Takes 400+ lead over bary Goldwater

Lyndon B. Johnson/Hubert H. Humphrey - 424 Ev’s
 Bary M. Goldwater/Nelson Rockefeller - 34 Ev’s
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 11:38:41 AM »

I can change the format easily so don’t hesitate to vote.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 12:00:30 PM »

LBJ signs civil rights bill

In A bold move the president has signed a bill giving black people equal rights as white People equal Rights As white People, While this helps him somewhat in the north, he will sacarfice some support in the south. Republicans attack the president by calling this bill contervercial and Unconstitutional.

Barry Goldwater, Gives Conservative Speech Attacking LBJ

Barry Goldwater has flown to his homestate of Arizona, were he delivered a well received speech attacking LBJ and offering Conservative Solutions to today’s Probelms. He gave details on his Tax Cuts and promised a smaller government. While still Far behind, he seemed to be quickly making gains.

LBJ Lead shrinks, Below 400 EV’s

Lyndon B. Johnson/Hubert H. Humphrey - 373 EV’s

Bary M. Goldwater/ Nelson Rockefeller - 76 EV’s

morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 01:53:58 PM »

I voted for trumped since that timeline is a flawless masterpiece
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 06:10:05 PM »

My step-father was first able to vote in 1964. He voted for Goldwater. He was so disillusioned that the people could elect a liar like LBJ who claimed we wouldn't get deeper involved in Vietnam, that he hasn't voted since.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 06:53:28 PM »

My step-father was first able to vote in 1964. He voted for Goldwater. He was so disillusioned that the people could elect a liar like LBJ who claimed we wouldn't get deeper involved in Vietnam, that he hasn't voted since.

He claimed it was a War on Poverty. That was right. A War on North Poverty to protect South Poverty
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 07:05:14 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2018, 07:28:04 PM by ON Conservative »

Goldwater Thoroughly explains his vote against the civil Rights Movement In Interview

September 14, 1964 - Goldwater has had a successful interview, he was able to tackle questions and Give a verty good reason to his vote against civil Rights stating “i understand and respect the motives of these People, But I think we were moving a little too fast in this manner”. Furthermore, this successful interview is not good news for the Lyndon B. Johnson Campaign, which has been under collapse.

Johnson Campaign Under Collapse

September 19, 1964 - President Lyndon B. Johnson should not be happy about the way the polls are heading. Just a month ago, one poll had him as high as 77%. Now, no poll has him above 57%. While still above 270 Ev’s And still with a 74% approval, the Johnson Campaign may half to enter desperation mode.

Goldwater has momentum!

Lyndon B. Johnson/Hubert H. Humphrey - 291 EV’s

Bary M. Goldwater/Nelson Rockefeller - 161 EV’s

While LBJ is still In the lead, it has dwindled Significantly. Goldwater now even seems to be leading in states that were rated as solid just one Month ago.

MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 08:02:03 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2018, 08:07:29 AM by ON Conservative »

Bary Goldwater warns of Communist Threat If LBJ is Re-elected

September 23, 1964 - In a rally in Michigan today, President Goldwater has warmed the nation not to Trust the attacks that LBJ is putting on him and has warned the nation that he would be the reason communism spreads throughout the USA.

Johnson Declines To Debate Goldwater

September 29, 1964 - In a rally in Montana today when asked weather or not he would debate Goldwater, the president declined as he said this would be “Pointless” and would “Only put us further behind in the polls”. Many seem to agree that this decision will not help his already crashing campaign and will lower his chances for a second term in office.

Johnson, Goldwater Neck in neck

Bary M. Goldwater/Nelson Rockefeller - 220 EV’s

Lyndon B. Johnson/Hubert Humphrey - 217 EV’s

For the First time in our polling President Johnson is not only below 270 EV’s, But now Bary Goldwater has more in his Column then President Johnson in his, this should be a sign to panic In the Democratic Party as this is not good and for the first time, Goldwater has a solid path to victory.

MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 04:17:07 PM »

Correct! /s
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 04:45:54 PM »

Johnson Out Hubert In; Senator Humphrey Campaigns for LBJ

President Johnson Has decided not to campaign today. instead he is leaving it up to his vice presidential nominee Hubert Humphrey. The “Happy Warrior” brings huge crowds were ever he goes though it uncertain as to weather or not voters will view this as a retreat.

Goldwater, Rockefeller, Campaign Together

In a bold move both Bary Goldwater and Nelson Rockefeller campaigned Together in order to tide the contury there way. Goldwater has decided to campaign in states between Utah and Okalahoma while Rockefeller Moves up the rust belt into New England and New York. They went around promising Bary Goldwater classic Campaign promises of Smaller Government and Lower Taxes.

Goldwater Takes Lead!

Bary M. Goldwater/Nelson Rockefeller - 302 EV’s

Lyndon B. Johnson/Hubert H. Humphrey - 142 EV’s

Like LBJ once had, despite a Hign Approval Rating, Bary Goldwater now has a 270+ lead over President Johnson.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 11:11:08 AM »

Ronald Reagan Endorses Bary Goldwater

Ronald Reagan has now endorsed Bary Goldwater for president and has spoken for Goldwater in a rally in Wisconsin . He says that President Johnson is “to soft on communism” and says that Bary Goldwater is the true choose for the American People. Goldwater Then Gave a moving speech about the spread of communism.

Robert F. Kennedy Campaigns for LBJ.

Robert F. Kennedy, Brother of John F. Kennedy is Campaigning for President Johnson, in hope that this will help the collapse his campaign has been through. Kennedy And President Johnson held a rally in Tennessee, one of the few tossup states president Johnson Can Win. The two tried to put out Goldwaters policies as extreme and tried to remind the public what would happen if Bary Goldwater was elected president.

Bary Goldwater establishes Monster Lead over President Johnson

Bary M. Goldwater/Nelson Rockefeller - 341 EV’s

Lyndon B. Jonson/Hubert H. Humphrey - 106 EV’s
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies