Change Research: Stabenow + 2/ Espy + 12/Wicker + 8/Klobuchar + 15/ Smith + 9
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:05:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  Change Research: Stabenow + 2/ Espy + 12/Wicker + 8/Klobuchar + 15/ Smith + 9
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Change Research: Stabenow + 2/ Espy + 12/Wicker + 8/Klobuchar + 15/ Smith + 9  (Read 4874 times)
Pollster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2018, 07:53:15 PM »

I am absolutely convinced Change Research is a fake pollster. The sheer number of polls they're putting out is immediately suspicious, since these each would be quite expensive to conduct were they real and they're putting out fifteen or more a week without a client sponsoring them. They've also missed races by huge margins abnormally often. It's statistically unlikely for them to have had huge misses this often were they a real polling outfit.

Their methodology, while imperfect, is incredibly inexpensive and has a fast response rate.
I understand that much of their statistical programming process is automated as well, which explains their fast turnaround.

They are attempting to do something that, by every measure, is new to the field.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2018, 07:58:43 PM »

I'd really like to see the world where Wicker wins by only 8 and Stabenow wins by only 2 simultaneously. I'm sure it would be quite an interesting place.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2018, 08:00:53 PM »

I am absolutely convinced Change Research is a fake pollster. The sheer number of polls they're putting out is immediately suspicious, since these each would be quite expensive to conduct were they real and they're putting out fifteen or more a week without a client sponsoring them. They've also missed races by huge margins abnormally often. It's statistically unlikely for them to have had huge misses this often were they a real polling outfit.

It wouldn't surprise me. They do give me an Overtime Politics vibe.

Hopefully when they become discredited tomorrow people will stop peddling their garbage here.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2018, 08:28:48 PM »

John James will win! Great poll!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 08:31:05 PM »

Never change krazey.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 08:39:40 PM »

Dems are spending in MN and NJ but haven't spent a dime in Michigan. Stabenow hasn't run a single negative ad against James.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2018, 08:50:43 PM »

Dems are spending in MN and NJ but haven't spent a dime in Michigan. Stabenow hasn't run a single negative ad against James.
Which is a mistake. Hillary started campaigning in MI in the last week and it was too late by then. It's also going to rain here in Michigan tomorrow in the morning which could hurt turnout in urban areas helping James.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 12:29:25 AM »

This firm is getting annoying as hell. They make absolutely no effort but crank out dozens of wild polls, which means that the averages are full of these polls. They should seriously stop flooding us with this garbage.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2018, 01:06:13 AM »

Which is a mistake. Hillary started campaigning in MI in the last week and it was too late by then. It's also going to rain here in Michigan tomorrow in the morning which could hurt turnout in urban areas helping James.
R A I N   I N   D E T R O I T
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2018, 01:44:41 AM »

This firm is getting annoying as hell. They make absolutely no effort but crank out dozens of wild polls, which means that the averages are full of these polls. They should seriously stop flooding us with this garbage.

Clearly they should have created careful herding results so that everyone is sure exactly how the races will end up until it turns out that the actual election didn't herd.
UncleSam

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2018, 01:47:14 AM »

R A I N   I N   D E T R O I T
At least we will get a new meme out of it
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2018, 06:27:25 PM »

Can we stop posting these "polls" here now?
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2018, 04:49:45 PM »

Same firm that has Hyde-Smith only +5 over Espy for today's runoff. We'll find out in a few hours how accurate that was.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies